🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

BREAKING: Mass shooting at Seattle Pacific!!!!

What would you say if your kids were murdered by a nut? I wish this tragedy would ONLY happen to people who belong to the NRA.

Common sense laws like California has and did not work? You mean like that?

Can't stop every nut but we could do something on background checks, etc. Never gonna be perfect but you and the NRA need to feel the pain before you will be willing to even budge an inch. I don't wish bad on people but you guys are making me wish that the next mass shootings happen to you.

do you realize how stupid you sound? It's none of the government's business how many weapons I own & what I decide I need to protect myself & my family. Much in the same way I have the freedom to think as I choose & say what I choose. These shootings happen in "gun free" zones which clearly don't work, yet all you want to do is to punish the innocent. You want common sense, how about this. We tried gun free zones, they don't work. We tried restricted sales, they don't work. We tried limiting rounds, they don't work. Let's do what does. Get rid of all gun free zones, have colleges allow concealed carry, beef up mental health screening & go from there.

breaking now

How come mass shooters never go visit the NRA or politicians who block common sense gun laws?

might have to do with the fact that criminals stay away from places where the people are armed. Every time I have gone shooting over at the NRA range, the staff & everyone there is armed. Not surprisingly, criminals stay away. Gee, wonder why....

Why I wonder is 4 college students national News when none were killed but 4 or 5 black or Hispanic children shot are not news worth?

Liberal opportunity = media hype

What would you say if your kids were murdered by a nut? I wish this tragedy would ONLY happen to people who belong to the NRA.

Wouldn't matter.

An interview with the grand father of one of the Columbine shooters showed him stating that he had a house full of guns, had allowed his grand son access to all his guns and that he would still give guns to his grand son.

NRA nutters do not take any responsibility for their own actions or words. As far as they're concerned, its always someone elses fault and the answer to the "problem" is === more guns.

Can't stop every nut but we could do something on background checks, etc. Never gonna be perfect but you and the NRA need to feel the pain before you will be willing to even budge an inch. I don't wish bad on people but you guys are making me wish that the next mass shootings happen to you.

do you realize how stupid you sound? It's none of the government's business how many weapons I own & what I decide I need to protect myself & my family. Much in the same way I have the freedom to think as I choose & say what I choose. These shootings happen in "gun free" zones which clearly don't work, yet all you want to do is to punish the innocent. You want common sense, how about this. We tried gun free zones, they don't work. We tried restricted sales, they don't work. We tried limiting rounds, they don't work. Let's do what does. Get rid of all gun free zones, have colleges allow concealed carry, beef up mental health screening & go from there.

"Concealed carry" is a lie. Everything about it is a lie.

If it were true that carrying a gun discourages shootings, the Mighty Mouse nutters would have the balls to put their gun right out in plain sight on their hip.

Hiding guns on one's person is cowardly and accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Except of course, that it gives the carrier the illusion of have balls.

If it were true that carrying a gun discourages shootings, the Mighty Mouse nutters would have the balls to put their gun right out in plain sight on their hip.

I'd have absolutely no problem with open carry everywhere. But of course, it might offend the bed wetting liberal crowd to have people actually practicing freedom....

Harvard study: Gun control is actually pretty counterproductive | TheBlaze.com

The Harvard study attempts to answer the question of whether or not banning firearms would reduce murders and suicides. Researchers looked at crime data from several European countries and found that countries with HIGHER gun ownership often had LOWER murder rates.

Russia, for example, enforces very strict gun control on its people, but its murder rate remains quite high. In fact, the murder rate in Russia is four times higher than in the “gun-ridden” United States, cites the study. ”Homicide results suggest that where guns are scarce other weapons are substituted in killings.” In other words, the elimination of guns does not eliminate murder, and in the case of gun-controlled Russia, murder rates are quite high.

The study revealed several European countries with significant gun ownership, like Norway, Finland, Germany and France – had remarkably low murder rates. Contrast that with Luxembourg, “where handguns are totally banned and ownership of any kind of gun is minimal, had a murder rate nine times higher than Germany in 2002.”

The study found no evidence to suggest that the availability of guns contributes to higher murder rates anywhere in the world. ”Of course, it may be speculated that murder rates around the world would be higher if guns were more available. But there is simply no evidence to support this.”

California has state and federal background checks 10 day waiting period 10 round mag capacity,laws that make registration mandatory on new buys, laws that allow the cops to check those registrations, and mental health laws that allow the cops to put you in mental facility for 3 days for a sanity check. And yet not one of them stopped the last mass shooting.

Care to list what you consider as common sense?

Hard to argue with that.

California has state and federal background checks 10 day waiting period 10 round mag capacity,laws that make registration mandatory on new buys, laws that allow the cops to check those registrations, and mental health laws that allow the cops to put you in mental facility for 3 days for a sanity check. And yet not one of them stopped the last mass shooting.

Care to list what you consider as common sense?

Hard to argue with that.

I repeat what else would you do?

I'd have absolutely no problem with open carry everywhere. But of course, it might offend the bed wetting liberal crowd to have people actually practicing freedom....

If you mean that I should sit quietly in a restaurant when guys like this walk in, you're right.

0310-effort-to-ban-open-carry.jpg_full_600.jpg

174459-men-exercise-open-carry-gun-rights.1-fa656.jpg

BUT, I should have the right to keep my family safe from people I don't know. I don't know you. I don't know that you are not the next Sandy Hook killer. I don't know that you are not just as crazy as you sound here.

As for bed wetting, I'm not the one who is too scared to leave home without a gun. And I don't want to live in a country that looks like this -

AR15-in-Portland.jpg

3775759-ha_eretz_shelanou_Israel.jpg

Gun laws won't stop the mass shootings, nor will every American wearing a gun on the hip. There is a deeper issue...I don't know what it is. I don't think it is racism...I don't think it is white privilege. Maybe it is video games and violence on TV. Maybe it is the failure of the nuclear family. Maybe it is the economy. Maybe it is the moral decay of society...I don't know, but remain open to any ideas as to why so many mass shootings are occurring. Any reasonable thoughts?

Maybe we should regulate the illegal gun traffic flow that we all know occurs from the gun manufacturers to the streets via gun shows and internet sales and god knows what other methods the gun manufacturers use to pump more guns than we could possibly buy every year. How do they get away with selling so many guns year after year? Where are all these guns going? They just know they are going into criminals hands.

Yea I get it in Idaho there are less shootings than in Chicago, NY, Detroit and LA. I GET IT.

What we need to do is more of what they did in Detroit. Tell me you have a problem with this. Undercover cops opened a barber shop and told clients they were looking to buy guns. Next thing you know the black guys are bring in semi's, auto's, oozies, ak47's, you name it. Do you have a problem with us doing more of that?

Still not going to stop all the shootings but it's a start. And I have to imagine that
Smith and Wesson and all the other gun manufacturers, like any other corporation, all they care about is profit. I bet you anything if you look deep enough that you'll find they find ways to pump out more guns per year than are legally purchased every year. And every year they want to exceed profits from the year before so they have to sell more and more guns. Eventually everyone will have 5 guns. How many more guns do we need made? Don't people sell their guns used? So how many guns are manufactured every year? How many people purchase guns every year? Do the math I bet you'll see the gun companies purposely put guns in criminals hands. Its a racket.

Why I wonder is 4 college students national News when none were killed but 4 or 5 black or Hispanic children shot are not news worth?

I would grieve the same as if my daughter were killed by a drunk driver, a negligent doctor or a tornado.

But we don't need laws to be written by grieving parents.

And what "common sense" gun laws do you propose?

Gun laws won't stop the mass shootings, nor will every American wearing a gun on the hip. There is a deeper issue...I don't know what it is. I don't think it is racism...I don't think it is white privilege. Maybe it is video games and violence on TV. Maybe it is the failure of the nuclear family. Maybe it is the economy. Maybe it is the moral decay of society...I don't know, but remain open to any ideas as to why so many mass shootings are occurring. Any reasonable thoughts?

That's the truth. I can't imagine how anyone murders, rapes, molests or commits suicide. And I also wonder how/why more suicides don't rape and murder before they kill themselves? We should thank god it hasn't escalated to that YET! And I don't even believe in god. I wonder if most suicides don't believe in god or believe they might go to hell for what they did and do it anyways?

How come mass shooters never go visit the NRA or politicians who block common sense gun laws?

It was the NRA 's fault.

Liberals everyone

Not what I'm saying. But maybe if it was their kids getting killed every week maybe they'd be more open to adding some common sense gun regulations rather than fighting for the status quo. Not gonna stop everything but our gun culture has gotten out of control. How many guns do we need? How do the gun manufacturers keep selling more and more guns every year? Don't you have enough guns? I have 2 and a crossbow. What else do I need? I know there aren't any easy solutions but GD things are out of control. The rest of the world thinks we are living in the wild wild west. Australia did it and look murder/death/kills are way down.

The government isn't going to take your guns but maybe you should only have a long rifle, a shot gun and a revolver with 6 rounds not 20. Or maybe you should have a rocket launcher next and a nuke in your basement in case the government tries to tread on you.

I have quite a few guns. It is not up to you or Washington bureaucrats to determine how many I have. Unless you have some valid info showing owning more guns makes someone more likely to commit murder?

Provide a shred of evidence that gun manufacturers actually illegally sell firearms. Provide a shred of evidence that gun shows traffic in illegal firearms.

You know back up your ignorant claims with information that actually supports your stupid shit.

And I repeat since California does all the things you claim are common sense yet the last mass shooting none of those laws prevented the shooter from getting 3 handguns what do you propose would work?

The NRA has been working for years to get the mental health system to report the crazies to the NICS database. But they get fought at every turn.

Wouldn't matter.

An interview with the grand father of one of the Columbine shooters showed him stating that he had a house full of guns, had allowed his grand son access to all his guns and that he would still give guns to his grand son.

NRA nutters do not take any responsibility for their own actions or words. As far as they're concerned, its always someone elses fault and the answer to the "problem" is === more guns.

Perhaps the actual shooter is responsible? And in a free society, a person willing to die in a killing spree is not easily stopped by gun laws.

I would grieve the same as if my daughter were killed by a drunk driver, a negligent doctor or a tornado.

But we don't need laws to be written by grieving parents.

And what "common sense" gun laws do you propose?

Take a good hard look at how guns go from the manufacturing line and so many of them end up in the streets of Detroit.

Ok so we can't stop the nut from getting his hands on a gun and going crazy, but we can stop all the kids in Detroit who can easily get their hands on guns. In the suburbs I can't find an illegal gun if I tried. But I suspect everyone in Detroit knows how to get an illegal gun or from who. Did you hear what I said about the undercover cops who set up stings in a fake barber shop and all the guns these thugs brought in?

Come on people! We know the gun corporations are behind it. If we had tighter laws, how would the gun black market in Detroit still exist? Sure some criminals will find guns when they rob homes, but the number of guns in the hood is rediculous.

Yea, we can't stop a law abiding citizen from going and paying for a gun and when they pass the background check and waiting period they could do a lot with that gun, and that aint ever gonna change.

Just remember if you are pro status quo, don't tell me life is precious and we need to ban abortions. So cold and callous about life.

Make guns cost $5K each. Want to have a gun? Sure, pay for it. Nothings free not even freedom. :lol:

Apparently, you have not been paying attention to all the knickertwisting that's gone on concerning open carry. But, I will point out that there has not been ONE mass shooting at an open carry rally.

Forum List

Back