Breaking News and Confirmed: Arizona Senate Passes Presidential Eligibility Bill 21-9

And if he doesn't, he can use non-official documents over an official document issued under the Seal of a State. See if I were a Dem, I could take my long form, mail it to my sister and tell her to keep it for me. At that point I would no longer "possess" a long form and wouldn't be required to submit it.

Long form is not required.

Badly worded law.

>>>>

only if he doesn't hae a long form Hawaii has it. Or do they?

Please translate this to English.

Thank you in advance.

>>>>

You think you're smart you figure it out.

You mean the one about the Republican governor and sec of state who think it may be unconstitutional?

From your first link

"Arizona is the first state to pass a birther bill. We look pretty much backward," Gallego said. "You might as well change Arizona to Alabama."

Read more: Arizona lawmakers OK requiring proof of citizenship to run for president

The idiot insulted Alabama?

only if he doesn't hae a long form Hawaii has it. Or do they?

Thank you in advance.

>>>>

OK, let me make it simpler.

In all cases, under the Arizona legislation, must a candidate submit a long form birth certificate?

If no candidate can get on the ballot without one, answer "Yes"

If a candidate can get on the ballot without one, answer "No".

So is it "Yes" or "No"?

>>>>

Thank you in advance.

>>>>

In all cases, under the Arizona legislation, must a candidate submit a long form birth certificate?

So is it "Yes" or "No"?

>>>>

If a candidate does not have a long form BC he or she can use those other documents. Now, hawaii has the long form obama has access to it.
You're acting as if the long form BC is not on file it should be if hawaii has it, and they should have one because there are other long form BC's from hawaii.

FTR both the governor and the secretary of state disagree with the birfers. They both believe he is eligible to serve as President.

FTR both the governor and the secretary of state disagree with the birfers. They both believe he is eligible to serve as President.

Did they say that or is it your wishful thinking?

Did they say that or is it your wishful thinking?

they said it. learn to read, idiot

FTR both the governor and the secretary of state disagree with the birfers.
They both believe he is eligible to serve as President.

They both said they believe he's eligible?So let her veto it, Arizona legislation can over ride a veto.

So is it "Yes" or "No"?

>>>>

If a candidate does not have a long form BC he or she can use those other documents. Now, hawaii has the long form obama has access to it.
You're acting as if the long form BC is not on file it should be if hawaii has it, and they should have one because there are other long form BC's from hawaii.

Except you are not reading what the law says. Here...

1. A certified copy of the presidential candidate's long form birth certificate that includes at least the date and place of birth, the names of the hospital and the attending physician, if applicable, and signatures of any witnesses in attendance. If the candidate does not possess a long form birth certificate as required by this paragraph, the candidate may attach two or more of the following documents that shall take the place of the long form birth certificate if the candidate swears to their authenticity and validity and the documents contain enough information for the secretary of state to determine if the candidate meets the requirements prescribed in article II, section 1, constitution of the United States:​

It doesn't say the candidate must file a long form if there is one on record in their state of birth. It says "If the candidate does not possess..." which means it is based on what the candidate has. So if a candidate orders their birth record from their birth state, lets use Hawaii as an example, and the state returns a COLB, then the candidate does not possess a long form and can submit non-official documents over the official state document. Hawaii may possess the long form, but the candidate does not. However the law is based on the candidate possession not the states.

Hence the candidates is not required to submit a long form.

>>>>

So is it "Yes" or "No"?

>>>>

1. A certified copy of the presidential candidate's long form birth certificate that includes at least the date and place of birth, the names of the hospital and the attending physician, if applicable, and signatures of any witnesses in attendance. If the candidate does not possess a long form birth certificate as required by this paragraph, the candidate may attach two or more of the following documents that shall take the place of the long form birth certificate if the candidate swears to their authenticity and validity and the documents contain enough information for the secretary of state to determine if the candidate meets the requirements prescribed in article II, section 1, constitution of the United States:​

It doesn't say the candidate must file a long form if there is one on record in their state of birth. It says "If the candidate does not possess..." which means it is based on what the candidate has. So if a candidate orders their birth record from their birth state, lets use Hawaii as an example, and the state returns a COLB, then the candidate does not possess a long form and can submit non-official documents over the official state document. Hawaii may possess the long form, but the candidate does not. However the law is based on the candidate possession not the states.

>>>>

He's only required if he has one, and yes he should have one in Hawaii.

>>>>

The law doesn't say it's requried if their is one on file in the state of birth, it says if the candidate possesses one.

The one in Hawaii is in the States possession, not the candidates.

So basically any candidate can "loose" their long form (if they every had one) point to the state issuing COLB's and be exempt from filing the long form or other official state birth records and then be free to supply non-official records.

Badly worded law.

>>>>

>>>>

The law doesn't say it's requried if their is one on file in the state of birth, it says if the candidate possesses one.

So basically any candidate can "loose" their long form (if they every had one) point to the state issuing COLB's and be exempt from filing the long form or other official state birth records and then be free to supply non-official records.

Badly worded law.

>>>>

The first sentence in this portion of the law states
1. A certified copy of the presidential candidate's long form birth certificate that includes at least the date and place of birth, the names of the hospital and the attending physician, if applicable, and signatures of any witnesses in attendance.

obama hasn't lost his, it's in Hawaii supposedly.

I hope more states pass this. I'm not one to bring this issue up a lot, because I just don't think anyone will ever pursue it hard enough to prove anything, but I honestly think he was born in Kenya, brought to Hawaii in the following days, and his family just notified the local paper and took him to the hospital for a health check. Not the greatest conspiracy in the world or anything. Really only matters due to technicality of the law, not much else. But I don't think he was born in the US. Just my gut feeling.

But again, doesn't matter, no one will pursue it hard enough to find out for sure.

The people of AZ have never speculated that John McCain was actually born outside the Canal Zone, have they? Oh that's right, John McCain is white...

Badly worded law.

>>>>

The first sentence in this portion of the law states
1. A certified copy of the presidential candidate's long form birth certificate that includes at least the date and place of birth, the names of the hospital and the attending physician, if applicable, and signatures of any witnesses in attendance.

obama hasn't lost his, it's in Hawaii supposedly.

The one maintained by the Department of Health in Hawaii is in possession of the the State of Hawaii not the candidate, as such the candidate can use alternate unofficial documents as long has the candidate doesn't have one themselves.

The second sentance spells that out.

Read the paragraph in its entirety, you must read the law in as written, not just cherry pick in one sentence.

>>>>

I hope more states pass this. I'm not one to bring this issue up a lot, because I just don't think anyone will ever pursue it hard enough to prove anything, but I honestly think he was born in Kenya, brought to Hawaii in the following days, and his family just notified the local paper and took him to the hospital for a health check. Not the greatest conspiracy in the world or anything. Really only matters due to technicality of the law, not much else. But I don't think he was born in the US. Just my gut feeling.

But again, doesn't matter, no one will pursue it hard enough to find out for sure.

Personally, I think he was beamed down from outer space. But I don't think anyone will pursue it hard enough to find out for sure.

Forum List

Back