Breaking News:Mass shooting in....AUSTRALIA?

See how well those strict gun laws work. Any country including ours who bans guns deserves what they get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One mass shooting in 15 years and you wanker political BS over it.

Not one in last 15 years. Do your research first.

Since January 1st 2005 Australia has had 6 gun mass shootings killing 29 people.

In America, that's about one years worth.

Just pay attention and see what happens in Australia.

See how well those strict gun laws work. Any country including ours who bans guns deserves what they get
Truth hurts, eh?
Maybe the Aussies will ban shotguns now.

I would settle for 6 shootings in 15 years.

Your ignorance is scary. Banning guns only takes them away from the citizens who own them legally. It doesn’t stop the bad guys from getting guns. Are you that stupid. I’m a retired police officer and I can go to 30 different areas within 20 miles from where I live and buy a gun off the street. Like I always said, liberals have no common sense. The problem is that kids aren’t speaking up when they hear things or see it on one of there sites. Adults don’t say anything, family and friends don’t say anything, the FBI is not looking into watch listed people If all these people did there part 75% and that’s low of these shootings would not have happened.

Truth hurts, eh?
Tell us how Aussie gun control laws are the reason they do not have as many mass shootings as the US.
People have a lack of access to guns. Pretty simple to understand.
This is, of course, false. Aussies have legal access to any number of guns that are more than capable of killing a large number of people in a short period of time - especially when they are the only one doing the shooting.

So, again:
Tell us how Aussie gun control laws are the reason they do not have as many mass shootings as the US.

Gun laws in Australia are predominately within the jurisdiction of Australian states and territories, with the importation of guns regulated by the federal government. In the last two decades of the 20th century, following several high-profile killing sprees, the federal government coordinated more restrictive firearms legislation with all state governments. Gun laws were largely aligned in 1996 by the National Firearms Agreement.

In two federally funded gun buybacks and voluntary surrenders and State Governments' gun amnesties before and after the Port Arthur Massacre were collected and destroyed, more than a million firearms, possibly 1/3 of the national stock.

A person must have a firearm licence to possess or use a firearm. Licence holders must demonstrate a "genuine reason" (which does not include self-defence) for holding a firearm licence and must not be a "prohibited person". All firearms must be registered by serial number to the owner, who must also hold a firearms licence.

Measures and trends in social problems related to firearms
Some studies on the effects of Australia's gun laws have suggested that Australia's gun laws have been effective in reducing mass shootings, gun suicides and armed crime, while other studies suggest that the laws have had little effect. Polling shows strong support for gun legislation in Australia with around 85 to 90% of people wanting the same or greater level of restrictions. Nevertheless, conservative estimates are that there may be about 260,000 unregistered or prohibited firearms in the community, including assault rifles.

Between 1991 and 2001, the number of firearm-related deaths in Australia declined by 47%. Suicides committed with firearms accounted for 77% of these deaths, followed by firearms homicide (15%), firearms accidents (5%), firearms deaths resulting from legal intervention and undetermined deaths (2%). The number of firearms suicides was in decline consistently from 1991 to 1998, two years after the introduction of firearm regulation in 1996.

Suicide deaths using firearms more than halved in ten years, from 389 deaths in 1995, to 147 deaths in 2005. This is equal to 7% of all suicides in 2005. Over the same period, suicides by hanging increased by over 52% from 699 in 1995 to 1068 in 2005.

At least four people were killed and one injured in a mass shooting in Darwin, northern Australia, on Tuesday evening.

Duty Superintendent Lee Morgan told CNN that a man had been taken into custody at approximately 7:45 p.m. (6:15 a.m. ET), about an hour after the shooting -- which took place in Darwin's inner suburbs -- was reported to police.

"The situation is now under control," Morgan said, adding there was no "ongoing threat to the public."

Four killed in mass shooting in northern Australia - news+ - att.net

That, cannot be.
Why not? The number of guns in Australia are back to above before the buyback happened. So expect more.

Truth hurts, eh?
This is, of course, false. Aussies have legal access to any number of guns that are more than capable of killing a large number of people in a short period of time - especially when they are the only one doing the shooting.
So, again:
Gun laws in Australia...
I know all that.
Tell us how Aussie gun control laws are the reason they do not have as many mass shootings as the US

So, again:
Gun laws in Australia...
I know all that.
Tell us how Aussie gun control laws are the reason they do not have as many mass shootings as the US

Why does that look like a fake profile. Gun expert and your asking that question. Go hang out in Chicago some weekend. You’ll see why. That’s just one of many areas with strict gun laws and 20 plus murders every weekend. The get there guns illegal. Anyone who owns a gun and understands the process knows that answer. You don’t. Maybe you shouldn’t own any guns.

Since January 1st 2005 Australia has had 6 gun mass shootings killing 29 people.

Australia population: 25 million
American population: 320 million

So, again:
Gun laws in Australia...
I know all that.
Why does that look like a fake profile. Gun expert and your asking that question.
Read the entirety:

So, again:

So, again:
Gun laws in Australia...
I know all that.
Why does that look like a fake profile. Gun expert and your asking that question.
Read the entirety:

So, again:

The have 1/16 of our population. We have gangs, drugs illegal aliens and so many wack jobs here. See here in the US the animals steal guns and sell them to each other to use in more crimes. Two examples for you. How does the ATF’s storage for confiscated guns to be destroyed get stolen. Then Fed Ex restricted area where the store guns and other valuables items get broken into and a shipment of guns get stolen. Both thefts were a large number of guns. One of the ATF guns was used I believe in California to commit a crime and when the police checked the serial number it came back to the ATF for destruction.

So, again:
Gun laws in Australia...
I know all that.
Read the entirety:

So, again:
They have LESS THAN 10% of our population. They have MUCH STRICTER GUN LAWS but that hasn't saved them

Wrong...they have had about a dozen public shootings...the only reason they were not classified as mass public shootings is the shooter decided, on his own, to stop shooting.....or the shooter shot people but didn't kill them.....

It is a lie that Australian gun control laws stopped mass public shootings in Australia...

The shooter in this mass public shooting was a convicted criminal on parole, wearing an ankel monitor.......tell us how Australian gun control laws stopped him from getting the illegal gun....

Truth hurts, eh?

Wrong.....Australian gun crime is on the increase....you should try to understand the topic before you make statements about it...

Gun city: Young, dumb and armed

The notion that a military-grade weapon could be in the hands of local criminals is shocking, but police have already seized at least five machine guns and assault rifles in the past 18 months. The AK-47 was not among them.

Only a fortnight ago, law enforcement authorities announced they were hunting another seven assault rifles recently smuggled into the country. Weapons from the shipment have been used in armed robberies and drive-by shootings.

These are just a handful of the thousands of illicit guns fuelling a wave of violent crime in the world’s most liveable city.

----

Despite Australia’s strict gun control regime, criminals are now better armed than at any time since then-Prime Minister John Howard introduced a nationwide firearm buyback scheme in response to the 1996 Port Arthur massacre.

Shootings have become almost a weekly occurrence, with more than 125 people, mostly young men, wounded in the past five year

-----------

While the body count was higher during Melbourne’s ‘Underbelly War’ (1999-2005), more people have been seriously maimed in the recent spate of shootings and reprisals.

Crimes associated with firearm possession have also more than doubled, driven by the easy availability of handguns, semi-automatic rifles, shotguns and, increasingly, machine guns, that are smuggled into the country or stolen from licensed owners.

-------------

These weapons have been used in dozens of recent drive-by shootings of homes and businesses, as well as targeted and random attacks in parks, shopping centres and roads.

“They’re young, dumb and armed,” said one former underworld associate, who survived a shooting attempt in the western suburbs several years ago.

“It used to be that if you were involved in something bad you might have to worry about [being shot]. Now people get shot over nothing - unprovoked.”

------------

Gun crime soars
In this series, Fairfax Media looks at Melbourne’s gun problem and the new breed of criminals behind the escalating violence.

The investigation has found:

• There have been at least 99 shootings in the past 20 months - more than one incident a week since January 2015
  • Known criminals were caught with firearms 755 times last year, compared to 143 times in 2011
  • The epicentre of the problem is a triangle between Coolaroo, Campbellfield and Glenroy in the north-west, with Cranbourne, Narre Warren and Dandenong in the south-east close behind
  • Criminals are using gunshot wounds to the arms and legs as warnings to pay debts
  • Assault rifles and handguns are being smuggled into Australia via shipments of electronics and metal parts
In response to the violence, it can be revealed the state government is planning to introduce new criminal offences for drive-by shootings, manufacturing of firearms with new technologies such as 3D printers, and more police powers to keep weapons out of the hands of known criminals.
============
The second part of the series....

Gun city: Gunslingers of the North West

========================

'Thousands' of illegal guns tipped to be handed over in firearms amnesty

Asked roughly how many he expected to be handed in, Mr Keenan said: "Look I certainly think the number will be in the thousands."

The Australian Crime Commission estimated in 2012 there were at least 250,000 illegal guns in Australia. But a Senate report noted last year it was impossible to estimate how many illicit weapons are out there.

And despite Australia's strict border controls, the smuggling of high-powered military-style firearms is also a growing problem.

Truth hurts, eh?

So, again:

Gun laws in Australia are predominately within the jurisdiction of Australian states and territories, with the importation of guns regulated by the federal government. In the last two decades of the 20th century, following several high-profile killing sprees, the federal government coordinated more restrictive firearms legislation with all state governments. Gun laws were largely aligned in 1996 by the National Firearms Agreement.

In two federally funded gun buybacks and voluntary surrenders and State Governments' gun amnesties before and after the Port Arthur Massacre were collected and destroyed, more than a million firearms, possibly 1/3 of the national stock.

A person must have a firearm licence to possess or use a firearm. Licence holders must demonstrate a "genuine reason" (which does not include self-defence) for holding a firearm licence and must not be a "prohibited person". All firearms must be registered by serial number to the owner, who must also hold a firearms licence.

Measures and trends in social problems related to firearms
Some studies on the effects of Australia's gun laws have suggested that Australia's gun laws have been effective in reducing mass shootings, gun suicides and armed crime, while other studies suggest that the laws have had little effect. Polling shows strong support for gun legislation in Australia with around 85 to 90% of people wanting the same or greater level of restrictions. Nevertheless, conservative estimates are that there may be about 260,000 unregistered or prohibited firearms in the community, including assault rifles.

Between 1991 and 2001, the number of firearm-related deaths in Australia declined by 47%. Suicides committed with firearms accounted for 77% of these deaths, followed by firearms homicide (15%), firearms accidents (5%), firearms deaths resulting from legal intervention and undetermined deaths (2%). The number of firearms suicides was in decline consistently from 1991 to 1998, two years after the introduction of firearm regulation in 1996.

Suicide deaths using firearms more than halved in ten years, from 389 deaths in 1995, to 147 deaths in 2005. This is equal to 7% of all suicides in 2005. Over the same period, suicides by hanging increased by over 52% from 699 in 1995 to 1068 in 2005.

You are wrong, as is your source......if criminals have guns, and they do....how does the law stop them from using those illegal guns to shoot people?

Australia’s 1996 Gun Confiscation Didn’t Work | National Review

University of Melbourne researchers Wang-Sheng Lee and Sandy Suardi concluded their 2008 report on the matter with the statement, “There is little evidence to suggest that [the Australian mandatory gun-buyback program] had any significant effects on firearm homicides.”

“Although gun buybacks appear to be a logical and sensible policy that helps to placate the public’s fears,” the reported continued, “the evidence so far suggests that in the Australian context, the high expenditure incurred to fund the 1996 gun buyback has not translated into any tangible reductions in terms of firearm deaths.”

A 2007 report, “Gun Laws and Sudden Death: Did the Australian Firearms Legislation of 1996 Make a Difference?” by Jeanine Baker and Samara McPhedran similarly concluded that the buyback program did not have a significant long-term effect on the Australian homicide rate.

The Australian gun-homicide rate had already been quite low and had been steadily falling in the 15 years prior to the Port Arthur massacre. And while the mandatory buyback program did appear to reduce the rate of accidental firearm deaths, Baker and McPhedran found that “the gun buy-back and restrictive legislative changes had no influence on firearm homicide in Australia.”

=======

2007 report..

http://c3.nrostatic.com/sites/default/files/Baker and McPhedran 2007.pdf

Conclusions Examination of the long-term trends indicated that the only category of sudden death that may have been influenced by the introduction of the NFA was firearm suicide
------

However, this effect must be considered in light of the findings for suicide (non-firearm). Homicide patterns (firearm and non-firearm) were not influenced by the NFA, the conclusion being that the gun buy-back and restrictive legislative changes had no influence on firearm homicide in Australia. The introduction of the NFA appeared to have a negative effect on accidental firearm death. However, over the time period investigated, there was a relatively small number of accidental deaths per annum, with substantial variability. Any conclusions regarding the effect of the NFA on accidental firearm death should be approached with caution
=========

2008 report...

http://c8.nrostatic.com/sites/default/files/Lee and Suardi 2008.pdf

In this paper, we re-analyze the same data on firearm deaths used in previous research, using tests for unknown structural breaks as a means to identifying impacts of the NFA. The results of these tests suggest that the NFA did not have any large effects on reducing firearm homicide or suicide rates.
-------

6. Conclusion

This paper takes a closer look at the effects of the National Firearms Agreement on gun deaths. Using a battery of structural break tests, there is little evidence to suggest that it had any significant effects on firearm homicides and suicides. In addition, there also does not appear to be any substitution effects – that reduced access to firearms may have led those bent on committing homicide or suicide to use alternative methods.

Pump-action shotguns are all but banned in Australia, so all of the news services must have meant the shooting happened in 'Austria', and not Australia.

One of the safest cities in America as far as crime statistically, is Kennesaw, GA.

Guess what liberals? By law, residents must OWN A GUN. Even though it is not enforced, the law still exists. Most residents legally own a gun, and statistically the highest gun ownership in the country. Yet, crime rate one of the lowest.

Liberals are fucking ignorant losers.

One of the safest cities in America as far as crime statistically, is Kennesaw, GA.

Guess what liberals? By law, residents must OWN A GUN. Even though it is not enforced, the law still exists. Most residents legally own a gun, and statistically the highest gun ownership in the country. Yet, crime rate one of the lowest.

Liberals are fucking ignorant losers.

Hysterical :abgg2q.jpg:

Forum List

Back