Breaking News: Restaurants Closing All Over Seattle As $15 Minimum Wage Mandate Starts April 1st.

Conservatives are consistently for state and local governments making their own decisions about what works best for their state or local circumstances...

...at least that's what I've heard...

when you do the math, an average restaurant would have to take in at least 3500-4000 a day just to pay the staff, never mind the overhead. and how many average sized restaurants can take in over $10,000 a day, 7 days a week in this Obama-Economy?

$4,000 a day would pay the wages for 33 employees working 8 hour shift, or 11 employees/shift. In Seattle, a restaurant with 33 employees should be taking in well over $10,000/day.

According to FoodServiceWharehouse.com a full service restaurant serving 50 meals/hr would require a shift of 11 employee or 33 employees for 3 shifts. That size staff would be needed to serve 1200 meals/day. In Seattle where the average cost of a meal with tip is $14, the gross revenue would be $16,800/day.

How to Determine What Staff You Need
Thank You !!! and thanks to the Obama Economy, god only knows how many establishments have shut down since he took office.

Conservatives are consistently for state and local governments making their own decisions about what works best for their state or local circumstances...

You heard right. And when you elect liberal fucktards you can bank on liberal fucktard laws.

well of course I am aware of tipped employees! but most restaurants dont want to gaurantee that all of their waiters will get at least 15.00 hr. In an average mom/pop or red-lobster type place, you have to do the math and figure out how much it costs per hour just for the kitchen/back of the house help. I have been there, seen plenty of employers told TO GO HOME! why? not enough customers.

You heard right. And when you elect liberal fucktards you can bank on liberal fucktard laws.

Just as an aside, while still on the theme of 'liberalism', did you know that San Francisco is one of the most prosperous cities in America?

Just as an aside, while still on the theme of 'liberalism', did you know that San Francisco is one of the most prosperous cities in America?
And the cost of living is sky high. Waiters aren't buying homes there.

Tough shit. Pay higher wages or go out of business and your employees collect unemployment and find work with a business willing to pay the wage they deserve.

What they end up collecting is Welfare because nobody in their right mind is going to pay them $15 an hour with no skills.

Is that your way of denying that San Francisco is one of the most prosperous cities in America?

lol,

How is it possible, if, as you claim, that liberalism is the recipe for inevitable economic disaster,

that the poster child, figuratively speaking, for American liberalism, the city of San Francisco, can be one of the most prosperous cities in America?

and to think there was once a time when us middle-agers would have to work in a restaurant when we were teens/early 20's for anywhere between 2.50 and 4.50 hr. and we didnt complain!

To limit and confine the damage inflicted by horrible, Leftist polices. You never read the Federalist Papers.

And that wasn't a question.

and remember when we were watching the news/on scene. and one of the burger flippers complained to the reporter: Yo, Mann! iz like, how iz wee supposed to support a family on tin dollas an hour? and who didn't scream back at their TV and said, Well Maybe You Shouldn't Be Getting Pregnant at 16 !!!!

Is that your way of denying that San Francisco is one of the most prosperous cities in America?

lol,

How is it possible, if, as you claim, that liberalism is the recipe for inevitable economic disaster,

that the poster child, figuratively speaking, for American liberalism, the city of San Francisco, can be one of the most prosperous cities in America?

San Francisco pays couples to have children because their "prosperity" has pushed out all those who are starting to have families. And businesses are winking out because of their monstrously stupid minimum wage hike. It's like you Leftists think money just materializes out of thin air.

Hundreds drive from Taxachusetts to New Hampshire each autumn. Not to see the leaves - but to stock up on cheap booze. That is to say, top quality liquor at bargain prices.

Now ponder that as you think of the traffic leaving Seattle on a Saturday night.

and to think there was once a time when us middle-agers would have to work in a restaurant when we were teens/early 20's for anywhere between 2.50 and 4.50 hr. and we didnt complain!

$2.50 in 1960 taking into account inflation would be worth $19.96 today.

What they end up collecting is Welfare because nobody in their right mind is going to pay them $15 an hour with no skills.
Tough shit. Pay higher wages or go out of business and your employees collect unemployment and find work with a business willing to pay the wage they deserve.

The $15/hr kicks in for most employers in 2021. Next month it goes to $10/hr. If the minimum wage of $15/hr was enacted today, 24% of the workers in Seattle would get a raise. In 2021 it will about 12% to 14%.

i can still remember my first job, and probably like many of us in our 50's now, we were working at a local diner, washing dishes for 2.00, 2.30 or so an hour, and we felt kinda rich !!

The $15/hr kicks in for most employers in 2021. Next month it goes to $10/hr. If the minimum wage of $15/hr was enacted today, 24% of the workers in Seattle would get a raise. In 2021 it will about 12% to 14%.
That's still evil to them. To them employers have every right to keep you poor as hell.

lol,

Your concept of prosperous rules out anyone not making a very good wage from the high end businesses there. Lots of big banlks headquartered there. Tourism is a major player. You reveal the hypocrisy of the left, they rant about the 1 percenters and the little guy and care nothing about the little guy scraping by.

I never lived there but did live in Monterey. You were either rich or selling your ass dirt cheap to squeak by. No way could I have ever owned a home there. Sure they're prosperous areas but not because of some economic superiority that benefits the working man!

That's still evil to them. To them employers have every right to keep you poor as hell.

No. Employers have the right to make a profit. That means paying employees based on what they can charge for their product or service. This law turns everything on its head.

i can still remember my first job, and probably like many of us in our 50's now, we were working at a local diner, washing dishes for 2.00, 2.30 or so an hour, and we felt kinda rich !!
And coffee was 10 cents a cup. I worked in a service station washing cars at minimum wage, 75 cent/hr. Yesterday, I paid $2 for a cut of coffee. If the cost of coffee is any guide, minimum wage should be $30/hr.

Forum List

Back