🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Breaking News: Restaurants Closing All Over Seattle As $15 Minimum Wage Mandate Starts April 1st.

If they think $15/hr is good then $150/hr is ten times better.

Isn't it kinda embarrassing for you to put your stupid on display like this? If not, it should be.

Why isn't $150/hr ten times better than $15/hr?

The same Libtard logic applies. A person is entitled to a liveable wage simply because they are alive so why not really give it to them? After all, as far as the Moon Bats are concerned there are no negative consequences and everybody will be better off because the worker will have more money to spend in the economy right? Isn't that how your feeble little minds rationalize all this?

[
I'll gladly pay a little more for my Big Mac, if it means some fellow American Workers doing a little better. But hey, that's just me.

You always have the option of tipping the staff when you go in and get your Big Mac. Nobody is going to turn down the money you offer them.

What is wrong is you demanding that the government force others of us it to it.

Don't you believe in freedom of choice or is that only when it comes to killing children on demand?

I like helping fellow Americans. I'll gladly pay more for my products if it helps workers out.

And btw, this thread is Bullshite anyway. The OP is being an inaccurate drama queen. The only businesses closing, are businesses that should be closing. They were weak and failing long before this.

There is no sudden rash of restaurants closing because of higher wages. It's just not happening. Therefore, i have to call Bullshite on this thread.

Sure...doesnt make sense......I mean, why would an unplanned increase in the number 3 operating cost of a restaurant cause it to struggle financially?

It sounds absurd.

BOO HOO. If you put a great product out there, you'll be successful enough to pay your employees a decent wage. If you don't put a great product out there, you'll sit around bitchin & moanin while your business sinks. So, ya don't wanna pay, simply close up shop and call it a day. Thems the breaks. Survival of the fittest.

[

I like helping fellow Americans. I'll gladly pay more for my products if it helps workers out.

You can always give somebody a tip if you think they deserve more money.

Don't use the force of government to make other people do it. That is oppressive. Not cool.

There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him."

And btw, this thread is Bullshite anyway. The OP is being an inaccurate drama queen. The only businesses closing, are businesses that should be closing. They were weak and failing long before this.

There is no sudden rash of restaurants closing because of higher wages. It's just not happening. Therefore, i have to call Bullshite on this thread.

I don't remember you Liberals complaining about General Motors being weak and not deserving of Obama's massive bailout that cost the American taxpayer billions.

GM went under due to awful mismanagement and outright theft. The Employees weren't solely to blame for its collapse. The Employees played a part in it, but it was mostly awful mismanagement and greed on the part of management that did it in.

Sure...doesnt make sense......I mean, why would an unplanned increase in the number 3 operating cost of a restaurant cause it to struggle financially?

It sounds absurd.

BOO HOO. If you put a great product out there, you'll be successful enough to pay your employees a decent wage. If you don't put a great product out there, you'll sit around bitchin & moanin while your business sinks. So, ya don't wanna pay, simply close up shop and call it a day. Thems the breaks. Survival of the fittest.

Tell that then to Zuckerberg...
People aren’t commodities. We compare labor to commodities, but they’re not commodities. They’re human beings. They have families. They have hopes and dreams. They want stability in their life. They would like to have a good job at a company like the biggest utility in California—California Edison [where hundreds of Americans were laid off and replaced with guest workers]… We have no obligation to yield to the lust of big businesses… Mr. Zuckerberg is worth $27 billion, I guess he is 27 years old, I’m not sure. So he wants more foreign workers. I would like to think he might want to pay his employees more and maybe not have quite so many billions, if he’d like to be helpful, and maybe he could get more local workers.”

Sessions People Aren t Commodities - Breitbart

I advise business owners to either do the work themselves, or convince family members to help out by accepting lower wages. Paying others to help make your business successful, can be very risky and costly. People need to really think about that before opening a business.

The reality is, people aren't gonna work for shite wages just so you can become successful and wealthier. Everyone is in it for themselves. It's about the $$. It's not volunteer work. So if you can't or won't pay, don't bother opening a business. It is what it is.

My...aren't we judgmental and arrogant....

Lets do a little math.

A man owns a small restaurant...it was his lifelong dream. He wasn't overly ambitious...he just wanted to cook and serve for a living...so he has a small restaurant with 6 employees. He generates about 1000 a week profit. Not a lot, but he loves what he does, his wife is a nurse making another 70K a year, so they are doing just fine...making 120K a year with 3 kids.

Now he is told by his state government that he must pay an extra 5 an hour to each of his 6 employees.....or 30 an hour....an extra 1200 a week.

So now he is losing 200 a week with his lifelong dream restaurant.....so his family is now making 60K total....

His employees lose their job, he loses his restaurant...and another middle class family is in a struggle.

Sounds great.

Survival of the fittest. It wasn't meant to be. The herd has to be thinned. Welcome to America. If you can't make it, you're out. That's the way it is.

I advise business owners to either do the work themselves, or convince family members to help out by accepting lower wages. Paying others to help make your business successful, can be very risky and costly. People need to really think about that before opening a business.

The reality is, people aren't gonna work for shite wages just so you can become successful and wealthier. Everyone is in it for themselves. It's about the $$. It's not volunteer work. So if you can't or won't pay, don't bother opening a business. It is what it is.
And your business experience is....?

If you won't accept the job, then nobody else has to accept the job either. Nobody is forced to accept a job with low pay.
Yawn. Nice try. Not gonna work. All you proved is people shouldn't have to work for such low pay

Actually, I demonstrated that people don't have to work for such low pay. All people receive the pay they agreed to. All people.
Oh give me a fucking break. Agreed to under duress. 99.9% of people take any job they can find because they have bills and food and gas and diapers to pay for or buy.Take that horseshit response somewhere else find some gullible kid to swallow that shit.

Maybe 99.9% of the people YOU know, because I wouldn't be surprised if everyone you know is as big a pathetic, whining loser as you are. I can't imagine that anyone with anything on the ball would waste time on you.

Even by the facts cited by your own puling "living wage" activists, only 26% or so of Americans work for $10.55 an hour or less, which means that about 3/4 of the workers in this country will NOT "take any job they can find". They can and do hold out for something better-paying. The only people who don't are the ones who don't have the skills to qualify for anything better.

Being a teenage kid who is mad that mommy and daddy forced him to get a job to pay for his own weed, Odium doesn't understand any of the facts of this entire discussion. For example, job seekers are more likely to be currently employed than they are to be unemployed. If they were simply taking "any job they could find" they wouldn't be seeking other jobs when they already have one.

No, weak failing businesses will go under. They weren't putting out a good enough product. If you're bitchin about paying workers, your business is obviously weak and failing. It's probably best to close up shop. It's survival of the fittest. The American Way.
A weak and failing people rely increasingly on a nanny state that dictates fairness to its' subjects. Probably time to pack up and leave.
Oh well, looks like it's getting harder to get richer off shitting on workers. Personally, i don't see that as a bad thing. If American Workers don't stand up for themselves, who will? You? Sorry, but can't count on people like you. It is what it is.
What it is is people like you would rather be unemployed and occupying public property with your nasty ass while proclaiming the rich got that way because of your dishwashing job. You should do standup at a restaurant association convention and tell them how rich they are getting. You'll have them rolling in the aisles.

Yeah, so Workers should count on people like you to stand up for them ay? I'm pretty sure they'll do much better standing up for themselves. But look, it is America. It's all about the $$. Everybody wants some. Everyone's tryin to get it.

So, Employers are gonna continue trying to screw Employees and Employees are gonna continue trying to get what they can get from Employers. It's an endless age-old battle. So score one for the lowly worker on this one. But don't worry, the Slave Masters aren't all done. The'll strike back. Bet on it. So stay tuned. The battle continues on.

Based on the logic and reasoning skill that i have seen you exhibit Flash, if I were to hire you. I would determine that your labor would be worth 2 bucks and hour.

Does that sound about right to you? Or is that two dollars to many for your skill level?

For someone who writes on a second grade level, you have no business challenging the intellectual abilities of others.

It's not volunteer work. Everyone's in it for themselves. Workers don't care about you wanting to be successful and getting wealthier. They have their own problems to worry about. They have bills to pay and children to take care of. They just wanna get paid. And if you can't deliver, they're out. Simple as that.

Liberals never really understand basic economics.

They never think things out very well.
Want a Better Economy? History Says Vote Democrat ...Forbes

Study: Economy grows faster under Democratic presidents ...

The U.S. has a $7.25 minimum wage. Australia's is $16.88 ...

Minimum wage advocates love to point to Australia's$16.88an hour minimum as evidence that a very high wage floor needn't stifle a country's growth. After all, Australia hasn't had a recession in 20 years. But Australia is hardly an outlier.Aug 19, 2013

bartelschart.gif

Australia has a substantially higher cost of living, and the average Australian takes home less buying power in their paycheck than an American.

At the risk of injecting common sense where it might be terribly out of place, what's wrong with Seattle trying this?

The implementation is incremental. If it appears it isn't working to a net benefit they can repeal the future increases. Why settle for an unsatisfactory status quo just because your ideas for change might not work?

No, weak failing businesses will go under. They weren't putting out a good enough product. If you're bitchin about paying workers, your business is obviously weak and failing. It's probably best to close up shop. It's survival of the fittest. The American Way.
A weak and failing people rely increasingly on a nanny state that dictates fairness to its' subjects. Probably time to pack up and leave.
Oh well, looks like it's getting harder to get richer off shitting on workers. Personally, i don't see that as a bad thing. If American Workers don't stand up for themselves, who will? You? Sorry, but can't count on people like you. It is what it is.
What it is is people like you would rather be unemployed and occupying public property with your nasty ass while proclaiming the rich got that way because of your dishwashing job. You should do standup at a restaurant association convention and tell them how rich they are getting. You'll have them rolling in the aisles.
Yeah, so Workers should count on people like you to stand up for them ay? I'm pretty sure they'll do much better standing up for themselves. But look, it is America. It's all about the $$. Everybody wants some. Everyone's tryin to get it.

So, Employers are gonna continue trying to screw Employees and Employees are gonna continue trying to get what they can get from Employers. It's an endless age-old battle. So score one for the lowly worker on this one. But don't worry, the Slave Masters aren't all done. The'll strike back. Bet on it. So stay tuned. The battle continues on.
An employer is a slave master? Are you even out of high school yet?

It's not volunteer work. Everyone's in it for themselves. Workers don't care about you wanting to be successful and getting wealthier. They have their own problems to worry about. They have bills to pay and children to take care of. They just wanna get paid. And if you can't deliver, they're out. Simple as that.
I asked what your business experience was. Obviously it's ZERO. LOL. You couldn't run a hotdog stand.

[

Sorry, but i'm not buying into the whole outrage thing about being pissed off because you can't get richer off shitting on your workers. No sympathy from me on that one. There's no crying in Business. You don't wanna pay, do the work yourself. Otherwise, stop whining and close your business.

Just when is paying free market wages "shitting on your employees"?

Look, let's be real. It's all about the greed. So let's not kid ourselves. Most business owners are bitchin now because they've enjoyed getting richer off paying their lowly workers as little as possible. It is what it is on that. But now they'll have to pay up a bit.

So oh well, looks like it's 3 Vacations instead of 4 this year. Unless you're willing to do the work yourself, you need workers. And you have to pay em a decent wage. Sorry, too bad. Deal with it or go out of business.
It's obvious you've never owned a business. Probably never held a job for very long either given your dumbfuckery.

Ah, you're just greedy and hateful. Just bitchin & moaning because y'all greedy bastids may have to start paying workers a decent wage. Y'all can spin it any way you like, but that's what the whining is all about. Deathly afraid you may have to take only 3 Vacations instead of 4 this year. Oh well, too bad. Life goes on.

Forum List

Back