BREAKING NOW: Robin Williams Found Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the money in the world and he couldn't stay off drugs. Too bad.

No, he was all but bankrupt.

That's why he took a role in a stupid sitcom.

People said the same about Mickey Rooney but he had something like $16K when he died.

All but bankrupt due to a divorce settlement. If money woes were the root of the depression then we can chalk up another man to unjust anti-male divorce industry.

An article on his finances:

"There are bills to pay. My life has downsized, in a good way. I'm selling the ranch up in Napa. I just can't afford it anymore."

The "Mrs. Doubtfire" star divorced his first wife in 1988 and ended his second marriage with Marsha Garces in 2008 after 19 years.

"Divorce is expensive. I used to joke they were going to call it 'all the money', but they changed it to 'alimony'. It's ripping your heart out through your wallet," Williams said.

He's currently married to graphic designer Susan Schneider who he tied the knot with in 2011.​

Yeah, we should all hope to have to sell our ranch in Napa.

People said the same about Mickey Rooney but he had something like $16K when he died.

Yeah, that's it...if you're working for a living, you're "all but bankrupt."

Yeah, that makes sense......(in your head)

If one's expenses and liabilities far exceed one's income and assets, then one is technically insolvent.

Robin had a very high end life style at one point, which he could no longer afford. It's not unusual for such a change of circumstance to cause depression. If he did indeed commit suicide due to this, then it is very sad that he felt he had no life-affirming alternative.

Last edited:

I suspect you're correct about the money problems. He'd been trying to sell his Napa estate for a long time - big price cut earlier this year.

Robin Williams? $30 million Napa estate returns to market - On The Block

The "stupid sitcom", however, made him a star...and I don't think he regretted doing the gig.

I wouldn't know except that I happened to see an interview with him where he said he was doing it because he had no choice.

He also talked about alcohol, that he was sober but it was one day at a time and that he had money problems because being famous is expensive.

Perhaps he died from choking on his own vomit if he overdosed. Nobody will know for awhile. And that should be for another thread, perhaps? Do folks normaly go to funerals or wakes and talk about the bad things or do they go to show love and respect?
That would be a drug overdose and not suicide.

All but bankrupt due to a divorce settlement. If money woes were the root of the depression then we can chalk up another man to unjust anti-male divorce industry.

An article on his finances:

"There are bills to pay. My life has downsized, in a good way. I'm selling the ranch up in Napa. I just can't afford it anymore."

The "Mrs. Doubtfire" star divorced his first wife in 1988 and ended his second marriage with Marsha Garces in 2008 after 19 years.

"Divorce is expensive. I used to joke they were going to call it 'all the money', but they changed it to 'alimony'. It's ripping your heart out through your wallet," Williams said.

He's currently married to graphic designer Susan Schneider who he tied the knot with in 2011.​

Yeah - tell it to [MENTION=35236]itfitzme[/MENTION]

Top 5 stand-up comics of all time:
(in this order)

1. Sam Kinison
  2. Andrew Dice Clay
  3. Richard Prior
  4. George Carlin
  5. Robin Williams

Nope.

Richard Prior
George Carlin
Robin Williams
Chris Rock
Mike Meyers/Dana Carvey (tie)

ADC became famous for being boorish.
Kinnison for his whiny voice.
That's not talent, that's schtick.

That's horrible!

Mork's gone back to Ork!

One of my fondest memories of childhood involves the whole family watching that show together........we all found it to be funny. Mom. Dad....my "cool" older brother.....my older sister, who put her drama on hold for a half hour. And then there was my twin bro.........we'd be right there on the floor.....inches away from the TV......laughing like crazy people.

And of course gizmotard has to come in and scream at us all while thumping us with his bible.

This is when he was at his best...

"The first purpose of alcohol, is to make English
your second god-damn language!"
- Robin Williams

Last edited by a moderator:

I suspect you're correct about the money problems. He'd been trying to sell his Napa estate for a long time - big price cut earlier this year.

Robin Williams? $30 million Napa estate returns to market - On The Block

The "stupid sitcom", however, made him a star...and I don't think he regretted doing the gig.

Still, Williams could snag a few million each for a couple of movies and move on.

I doubt this was about money, and more the demons in his head.

Why is it that so many good comedians are tortured in their hearts and minds? Is that what makes them so good? The comedy that keeps them going in their heads then share with us, is that why they have that gift?

I realize I don't really know this guy or any Hollywood actor, but when it is someone that has made you feel good and laugh so many times, it connects deeper and harder to see them go.

God bless him, I hope he has finally found peace.

Natural " high" is just as addictive. And the down time hurts.

Very sad about this. He was a very entertaining man. He was one of the funniest guys in the world, but his best, most surprising work was in serious roles.

He's a legend. May he rest in peace. My heart goes out to his family and friends. They've got to be devastated.

One of the news casters said something that resonates with me...and it went along the lines of:

"I don't know if it is a generation thing or not with these deaths...but I know this one HURTS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back