Not open for further replies.
Top 5 stand-up comics of all time:
(in this order)

1. Sam Kinison
  2. Andrew Dice Clay
  3. Richard Prior
  4. George Carlin
  5. Robin Williams

I like Dice but he's not in the top 5 IMO.

:)

peace...

Bill Cosby, please!

Jonathan Winters - he had that same lightening fast mind that Williams had.

Damn.

This really is a sad loss. He should have been able to hold grandchildren on his knee on the rocker on the front porch.

If we don't reply to her....well, that's the best thing.

I've been ignoring that bitch for a while. Scum of the earth.

Coming from you that's a profound compliment. The man was a talented comedian. He was also a drug addict and a drunk. Like all drug addicts and drunks they don't live long.

Off the top of my head, I can name a lush who lived to 90! I know of a lifelong drug addict who lived to 70. (Note: he died of pneumonia, not drugs.)

6a00d8341c745453ef0120a5842227970b-pi

Very few comedians can fill up a concert hall.

Only 2 comedians in history could go on tour like a rock band and fill up concert halls:
Kinison
Dice Clay

Very few comedians can fill up a concert hall.

Only 2 comedians in history could go on tour like a rock band and fill up concert halls:
Kinison
Dice Clay

Quantity doesn't equal quality, bub. Justin Bieger sold out big places. Bleah.

I loved him in Hook, Awakenings, Mrs. Doubtfire, Good Morning Viet Nam, Birdcage, Bicentiniel Man, The Fisher King, voice of the Genie, and the voices in Happy Feet.
Just to name a few.
So much talent...so much sadness.

Quantity doesn't equal quality, bub. Justin Bieger sold out big places. Bleah.
He's a singer, these are comedians.

I saw Dice Clay at the Inglewood forum and I've seen several of Kinison's shows.

The reason they fill up concert halls, is because half of their show, they're playing rock.

Kinison played guitar and Dice played drums.

I still believe no one pushed the envelope further and more often than they did.

I loved him in Hook, Awakenings, Mrs. Doubtfire, Good Morning Viet Nam, Birdcage, Bicentiniel Man, The Fisher King, voice of the Genie, and the voices in Happy Feet.
Just to name a few.
What about the movie he won his Oscar in?

Good Will Hunting?

I wonder why he would do it. There had to be something really bad happening to him if he did really end it all.

I don't think I ever could.

Williams probably made the most rational decision he could, based on his mental state. That is why people with bipolar disorder are such high risk for suicide. The brain takes every positive, switches it to a negative and then darkens the light at the end of a tunnel. It is a bad disease, but the manic, that made him so spontaneous and funny has a the dark side. What goes up, must come down, depression is a strong disease and with drugs and alcohol or not. The depressed patient can turn suicidal quickly. No matter how beloved, or wanted an individual is, the isolation of the mind is so dangerous to those with bipolar.

Just to name a few.
What about the movie he won his Oscar in?

Good Will Hunting?

The scene where he talks of his wife's passing gass, farting ... Nothing like that was in the script. He ad libbed it.

Imagine playing a scene with him and having him go off on such a wonderful tangent. All you could do would be hold on for the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back