Breaking: NYTimes -- Trump asked Comey to shut down Flynn Investigation.

comes from notes Comey made after meetings with President Trump...

the investigative committees will subpoena them....

Let's wait to see the actual memo before being certain about anything.

Trump reportedly made the request during a February meeting with the then-FBI director.

President Donald Trump asked former FBI Director James Comey to end his agency’s investigation of former national security adviser Michael Flynn, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

According to the bombshell report, Trump made the request of Comey during a February meeting in the Oval Office. Comey reportedly detailed the meeting in a memo, which an FBI official later shared with the Times.

Reuters and NBC News later confirmed the Times’ report.

Donald Trump Reportedly Asked James Comey To Stop Michael Flynn Investigation

Holy shit, how much worse can it get before Trump is impeached?

Holy Shit, I am watching it all right now too--it's on CNN and it's going to be on every media outlet tonight.

I knew Comey was going to be sitting at the New York times as soon as he was fired. You have two Titan ego's going after one another--and this one is OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE--reason for Impeachment.

Comey is very well known for keeping records and memo's with dates and exact times.

th

This is just the first report, Comey will be releasing more to the New York times, and it's going to be death by waterboarding.

The GOOD news is this is moving a lot faster than Watergate.

I agree! Not even Fox News can bury this story.

Why should they...there is no story. Without coroberation.....who cares ?

Trump reportedly made the request during a February meeting with the then-FBI director.

President Donald Trump asked former FBI Director James Comey to end his agency’s investigation of former national security adviser Michael Flynn, The New York Times reported Tuesday.

According to the bombshell report, Trump made the request of Comey during a February meeting in the Oval Office. Comey reportedly detailed the meeting in a memo, which an FBI official later shared with the Times.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation - The New York Times

Trump asked Comey to close Flynn probe -NY Times, citing Comey memo | Daily Mail Online

How many people were in the conversation with Comey to agree with his comments?

How is that not obstruction?
I'm no lawyer, but...

:dunno:

... pretty sure a President isn't supposed to do that.
Yeah. It's the same obstruction of justice which brought down Nixon. Exactly the same.

That's why I said, "If true, then...yikes."
I wonder what the burden of proof is on this.
None at all from the press.

I just noticed Adam Schifft....smiling as if he was enjoying this. This is a very serious accusation, and I can tell Pencil-neck was enjoying this latest lie a bit too much.

How is that not obstruction?
I'm no lawyer, but...

:dunno:

... pretty sure a President isn't supposed to do that.
Yeah. It's the same obstruction of justice which brought down Nixon. Exactly the same.

That's why I said, "If true, then...yikes."
My.....isn't that a tremendous coincidence?

The Democrats start this silly Watergate comparison Campaign last week and "Walla" they create a fake scandal similar to Watergate.

Doesn't pass the smell test at all folks.
It's not the Democrats' doing that Trump has been acting just like Nixon.

Declaring war on the press. Recording White House conversations. Paranoia. Enemies list.

His defenders are already claiming, "It's not illegal if the President does it!"

He'll be throwing a double-V before long. :lol:

"I am not a crook."

If Trump told Comey to end the Flynn investigation, why would he do such a thing?

Could it because there's something about Flynn that incriminates Trump? Couldn't be that, could it?

I think so!

NYTimes Trump asked Comey to shut down Flynn investigation

From what i'm hearing, it looks like Comey has a paper trail. A quite extensive one. It also appears this has been confirmed by more than one source. NC Republican Richard Burr has just stated that it's up to the NYT to put forth the memo. If Republicans are going down the fake news road, and basically accuse Comey of lying, and he goes in front of Congress and verifies that memo, Trump, and every Republican member of Congress that carries his water is done.

Holy Shit, I am watching it all right now too--it's on CNN and it's going to be on every media outlet tonight.

I knew Comey was going to be sitting at the New York times as soon as he was fired. You have two Titan ego's going after one another--and this one is OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE--reason for Impeachment.

Comey is very well known for keeping records and memo's with dates and exact times.

th

This is just the first report, Comey will be releasing more to the New York times, and it's going to be death by waterboarding.

The GOOD news is this is moving a lot faster than Watergate.

I agree! Not even Fox News can bury this story.
No....that's what CNN and MSNBC do.

Oops...

kcjq4n.png

I will end the war in Vietnam Iraq. Declare victory and leave!

Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

Mr. Comey shared the existence of the memo with senior F.B.I. officials and close associates. The New York Times has not viewed a copy of the memo, which is unclassified, but one of Mr. Comey’s associates read parts of the memo to a Times reporter.

Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation - The New York Times

Wow, this is going to get dicey. Apparently Comey knows how to protect himself.

Forum List

Back