🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Breaking: Officer Casebolt resigns the force amid receiving death threats

The police don't get a bye on assaulting my child simply because they are the police.

Oh, so you are willing to inflict future psychological pain and suffering on your child for your act of valor? You fool.

Any other reaction is simply cowardice.

Did it ever occur to you that rushing an armed officer in a fit of anger could also be an act of cowardice? Having never known my parents (my dad until I was 16, and my mother til present day), I know that true cowardice is not being there for your child for the rest of their future, all because of one singular act of so called "defense."

I needed my parents and they were never there, and the psychological pain was and is still enormous. Are you willing to inflict that on your child? To not be there for the rest of their natural life because you chose to be a hero?

His boss, the police chief, indicated that this officer acted outside allowed parimeters. He likely would have been terminated.

GOOD RIDDANCE

Officer BooBoo should not have drawn his weapon, period.

End of story.

End of story. For you.

11390408_924177507626065_6178902766765333487_n.jpg

He reached for his waistband? Oh no! I'll bet you do that every time you get up off your fat ass.

The police don't get a bye on assaulting my child simply because they are the police.

Oh, so you are willing to inflict future psychological pain and suffering on your child for your act of valor? You fool.

I am willing to risk my life defending my child from an abusive police officer. Even if that child were you.

Any other reaction is simply cowardice.

templarkormac said:
Did it ever occur to you that rushing an armed officer in a fit of anger could also be an act of cowardice? Having never known my parents (my dad until I was 16, and my mother til present day), I know that true cowardice is not being there for your child for the rest of their future, all because of one singular act of so called "defense."

I needed my parents and they were never there, and the psychological pain was and is still enormous. Are you willing to inflict that on your child? To not be there for the rest of their natural life because you chose to be a hero?

My dad died of leukemia when I was five years old. I've lost many family members during the coarse of my life. I know loss, dude. And I would still defend my child under ANY circumstances.

None. Waist bands are not illegal, nor a threat to anyone.

No, Mr. Armchair Cop, he reached behind his waistband, with the cop not knowing what he was reaching for, it stands to reason that the cop saw the MOTION as a credible threat. My father was a law enforcement officer, and he can sympathize with exactly what that cop went through in that situation.

Bullshit.

The police chief said his actions were indefensible. I'm thinking he was offered a chance to resign 'voluntarily' thus saving his pension.

1) The only thing he did wrong was overpower the girl. He grabbed her by her hair, and in the right fashion could have broken her neck. Drawing his gun was a natural reaction to the aggressive movements (or perceived aggression) those two boys were showing. He never fully drew his firearm and immediately holstered it, then returned to the girl.

2) In my mind he should have been fired simply for the actions against the girl. He did the right thing by resigning. Should he be charged with a crime? No.

3) As a theoretical parent, I would never interfere with an officer even if he were doing the wrong thing to my child. If my child comes out of the ordeal unscathed, there isn't any benefit to me nor my child if I choose to be the hero and get myself potentially killed. I am of more benefit to my child ALIVE.

4) Throughout the course of this thread I was attempting to dispel the racial aspect of this issue, and failed. As I do often when I lose an argument, I declare mea culpa. You win. Lets move on.

Moreover, there are dishonest people here who repeatedly use incidents like these to indict police officers everywhere. And may I ask, how is that fair to the officers who are actually doing their jobs? Do you realize how hard you're making it for them to do their job now? You're seeing the effects of your attitude nationwide. Crime is escalating, gun violence is escalating, for the simple reason that cops are afraid to take effective actions to combat those things for fear of being burned at the stake in the square of public opinion.

1) The only thing he did wrong was overpower the girl. He grabbed her by her hair, and in the right fashion could have broken her neck. Drawing his gun was a natural reaction to the aggressive movements (or perceived aggression) those two boys were showing. He never fully drew his firearm and immediately holstered it, then returned to the girl.

2) In my mind he should have been fired simply for the actions against the girl. He did the right thing by resigning. Should he be charged with a crime? No.

3) As a theoretical parent, I would never interfere with an officer even if he were doing the wrong thing to my child. If my child comes out of the ordeal unscathed, there isn't any benefit to me nor my child if I choose to be the hero and get myself potentially killed. I am of more benefit to my child ALIVE.

4) Throughout the course of this thread I was attempting to dispel the racial aspect of this issue, and failed. As I do often when I lose an argument, I declare mea culpa. You win. Lets move on.
If you were a REAL parent you wouldn't say that.

Moreover, there are dishonest people here who repeatedly use incidents like these to indict police officers everywhere. And may I ask, how is that fair to the officers who are actually doing their jobs? Do you realize how hard you're making it for them to do their job now? You're seeing the effects of your attitude nationwide. Crime is escalating, gun violence is escalating, for the simple reason that cops are afraid to take effective actions to combat those things for fear of being burned at the stake in the square of public opinion.

Nope. Crime is not escalating.

Good cops are not deterred by any of this.

My dad died of leukemia when I was five years old. I've lost many family members during the coarse of my life.

Your dad died of a disease, not a singular act of foolishness. I've lost many members of my family too. They were soldiers. They defended not only me, but my freedom and country. A lot of people in my family fought in actual wars. They had a reason to go off and get themselves killed. They assumed the risk. Their wives and children understood that. What your child may not understand is why you got yourself killed when he or she came out of it unharmed.

And I would still defend my child under ANY circumstances.

And thus you would no longer be there to defend your child in the future. Yeah, that's real brave of you.

If you were a REALLY parent you wouldn't say that.

Why not? Whats wrong with being observant rather than foolish?
Since you don't have a child I don't expect you to understand

I helped raise my younger brother until he moved out of state, jackass. I understand completely. I am my child's future, and if I die, so does my child's future. I was my brothers role model. Fools aren't role models. They're fools. Dead fools.

See, why can't any of you understand that? Your death would rob your child of any type of future they could have spent with YOU. But now you would be dead, leaving your child wondering why it had to be him/her who has to live without a mom or dad. Believe me, I speak from personal experience.

Last edited:

Oh FUCKING HORSESHIT. You know what's unfair to officers trying to do their jobs? Self-infatuated clowns like Eric Casebolt. He did all he could to try to escalate this situation, why I have no idea except a pigheaded power trip, and put the other 11 officers in a more tense situation than was necessary.

Watch the video between 0:35 and 0:50. That's the right way and the wrong way. It doesn't get any more obvious.

The two officers in this brief video represent two different policing styles, two different mindsets that officers use as they interact with civilians: the Guardian and the Warrior. As a former police officer and current policing scholar, I know that an officer’s mindset has tremendous impact on police/civilian encounters. I’ve described the Guardian and Warrior mindsets at some length here and here; for now, suffice to say that the right mindset can de-escalate tense situations, induce compliance, and increase community trust over the long-term. The kids interacting with the first officer were excited, but not upset; they remained cooperative. Had they gone home at that moment, they’d have a story for their friends and family, but it would be a story that happened to have the police in it rather than being a story about the police.

The wrong mindset, on the other hand, can exacerbate a tense encounter, produce resistance, and lead to entirely avoidable violence. It can, and has, caused longterm damage to police/community relations. We shouldn’t be surprised that the kids Corporal Casebolt was yelling at weren’t eager to do what he was ordering them to do—no one likes being cursed at and disrespected in front of their peers, and people of all ages, especially teenagers, resent being treated unjustly. That resentment can lead to resistance, and Police Warriors—taught to exercise unquestioned command over a scene—overcome resistance by using force. -- A Former Cop on What Went Wrong in McKinney

Well guess what, the right way won this time. For once. FUCKING DEAL WITH IT.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back