BREAKING: Rep. Steve Stockman: Sgt. At Arms to Arrest Lois Lerner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is safe to say, allenwestrepublic.com is not a credible news source! :lmao:

Teapers will believe anything on the internet. Idiots...the whole lot of them!

Last edited:
I'm just stating a fact. The government, as well as most corporations with sensitive data or privacy concerns, have procedures in place to destroy old hard drives. What's so shocking about that?

The shocking part is that they couldn't retrieve the data before destruction.

The shocking part is that these drives are supposed to be backed up.

My point is simple. They have the tech to retrieve just about anything off of bad drives today, and in this case it couldn't be done. Which is BS.
So you are now adding the Irs's computer techies that tried to recover Lerner's hard drive to this conspiracy of criminals? And the forensic team the techies chose to send her hard drive off to, as well, to this conspiracy?

okee dokee

I'm saying it's BS.............

Techs have been retrieving data for a long time. Smells pretty dang fishy to me. To you, not so much.

Just checking in...

A. Is it the end of the world yet?

B. Has Obama been impeached yet?

C. Has Obamacare been killed yet?

D. Has Issa finished his Benghazi/IRS/Obama birthplace hearings yet?

E. Has Lerner been arrested yet? Holder? Bueller????

It's SOP to destroy the hard drives from gov't computers once they're no longer in use.
It's hard to believe in this day and age the data wasn't backed up. Either it is gross negligence or it is criminally intentional.
They did back up emails, but they recycled the back up discs/servers after 6 months to a year...this was their data policy, not something Learner ordered....it was routine for the tech team, from what I have read? I don't know if employees even knew what the policy was for their email back ups and how often their computer techs recycled the emails...but management should have known.
That's a B.S. policy if it is the policy. All our data is backed up for a minimum of ten years.

It's hard to believe in this day and age the data wasn't backed up. Either it is gross negligence or it is criminally intentional.
They did back up emails, but they recycled the back up discs/servers after 6 months to a year...this was their data policy, not something Learner ordered....it was routine for the tech team, from what I have read? I don't know if employees even knew what the policy was for their email back ups and how often their computer techs recycled the emails...but management should have known.
That's a B.S. policy if it is the policy. All our data is backed up for a minimum of ten years.
their case data is backed up for years if not decades! These servers were specifically for their emails....there's mention of them in the fed irs guidelines on emails....

hey, at one time, we were lead to believe there were no email back ups, which seemed absolutely absurd in this day and age....!!!!

I'm glad to hear they at least did have email server back ups...

The shocking part is that they couldn't retrieve the data before destruction.

The shocking part is that these drives are supposed to be backed up.

My point is simple. They have the tech to retrieve just about anything off of bad drives today, and in this case it couldn't be done. Which is BS.
So you are now adding the Irs's computer techies that tried to recover Lerner's hard drive to this conspiracy of criminals? And the forensic team the techies chose to send her hard drive off to, as well, to this conspiracy?

okee dokee

Techs have been retrieving data for a long time. Smells pretty dang fishy to me. To you, not so much.

Yup. I've actually used software readily available at best buy to recover erased photos and data from my pc.

So, did anyone arrest Lois Lerner today?

Actually, I heard Reagan is protecting her from the grave.

Republicans Freak Out At Learning Reagan Decree Protects Lois Lerner

Issa is truly an ignorant putz, just like the OP:

Although legal experts warned at the time that little would come of Rep. Darrell Issa's (R-Calif.) attempt to prosecute former IRS official Lois Lerner for contempt of Congress, Republicans on Issa's Oversight and Government Reform Committee were infuriated to learn Thursday that a key obstacle is a Reagan administration legal opinion.

Issa's Democratic counterpart on the committee, Rep. Elijah Cummings (Md.) was happy to find that opinion himself, written by conservative lawyer Theodore Olson when he worked for President Ronald Reagan's Office of Legal Counsel in 1984.

"What it says is, 'We believe Congress may not direct the executive to prosecute a particular individual without leaving any discretion to the executive to determine whether a violation of the law has occurred.' That's what the opinion says --*a 1984 opinion*dated May 30," Cummings said. "This was a contempt citation coming from Congress that he was talking about."

Although what you just wrote sounds eminently reasonable to me, could you please put me to the US reg that states this about 10 years of backups vis-a-vis Government data? Hmmmm....

okee dokee

Yup. I've actually used software readily available at best buy to recover erased photos and data from my pc.

Any emails today are still available in original format, by the email provider (gmail, yahoo, etc).

All it would ever take is a warrant (very easily ascertained) and the info will be available in its entirety. There is no need to search someones hard-drive, most hard-rives can be easily wiped or the emails can be distorted to hide information.

Am email from even a few years ago, should still be very easily obtained in this manner.

Any emails today are still available in original format, by the email provider (gmail, yahoo, etc).

All it would ever take is a warrant (very easily ascertained) and the info will be available in its entirety. There is no need to search someones hard-drive, most hard-rives can be easily wiped or the emails can be distorted to hide information.

Am email from even a few years ago, should still be very easily obtained in this manner.

Warrants require evidence of criminal wronging – evidence that doesn't exist.

Going to neutral magistrate and requesting a warrant because you hate Obama and want to 'get rid of him' doesn't constitute 'evidence.'

i believe it is an ''in house'' secure email system using Outlook, is what was said....and department policy was all emails are saved on their email servers for 6mo then the space is recycled....

not certain what technically all that means, or entails

Going to neutral magistrate and requesting a warrant because you hate Obama and want to 'get rid of him' doesn't constitute 'evidence.'

You seem confused; the emails are the evidence of criminal wrongdoing, not the crime itself....she plead the 5th which is ample cause to suspect wrongdoing. :doubt:

You seem confused; the emails are the evidence of criminal wrongdoing, not the crime itself....she plead the 5th which is ample cause to suspect wrongdoing. :doubt:

Not true. There are many logical reason for pleading the 5th - having nothing to do with guilt.

Not true. There are many logical reason for pleading the 5th - having nothing to do with guilt.

Bullshit....the 5th is intended to prevent SELF incrimination not to deny the allegation.

Do you think that's why our Founders included that RIGHT in our Declaration of Rights in the Constitution, and we need to naturally suspect and incriminate her?

Do you really want to go down this path?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back