BREAKING: Shooting at Ft. Hood

Did the shooter have a CCW?
I have no idea. I was just addressing the waiting period. And that state may be different.

The Brady law is federal, all states must abide. California places a 30 day wait - which is legal, but they cannot go below the 7 day federal wait.

I guess the CCW must be some sort of per-clearance.

It appears that Media's sources early on were not very good. He is an Iraqi War Veteran.

General Milley said the shooter “had behavioral health and mental health issues.” He said the soldier, who self-reported a traumatic brain injury and was taking anti-depressants, had been under examination to determine whether he had post-traumatic stress disorder. “We are digging deep into his background,” Milley said.Fort Hood Shooting Spree: ?Texans? Hearts Are Once Again Very Heavy? | WGNO

Lt. Gen. Mark Milley: “He was not diagnosed as of today with PTSD.
Gen. Mark A. Milley acknowledged that Fort Hood gunman Ivan Lopez was taking psychiatric medication before the shooting, underscoring yet again the clear and consistent connection between mass shooting incidents and SSRI drugs.
Fort Hood shooter told doctors he suffered traumatic brain injury. This should have sent up a Red Flag.
http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/fort-hood-shooter-told-doctors-he-suffered-traumatic-brain-injury/told doctors he suffered traumatic brain injury. Gen.

Mark A. Milley acknowledged that Fort Hood gunman Ivan Lopez was taking psychiatric medication before the shooting, underscoring yet again the clear and consistent connection between mass shooting incidents and SSRI drugs.
» Army Admits Fort Hood Shooter Was on Psychiatric Drugs Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

He served for four months as a truck driver in Iraq in 2011, Army Secretary John McHugh told the Senate Armed Services Committee on Thursday. His records "show no wounds, no direct involvement in combat ... or any injury that might lead us to further investigate battle-related TBI (traumatic brain injury)," McHugh said, without identifying Lopez by name.
Fort Hood Shooting Spree: ?Texans? Hearts Are Once Again Very Heavy? | WGNO

<He served for four months as a truck driver in Iraq in 2011, Army Secretary John McHugh told the Senate Armed Services Committee on Thursday. His records "show no wounds, no direct involvement in combat ... or any injury that might lead us to further investigate battle-related TBI (traumatic brain injury)," McHugh said, without identifying Lopez by name.>

They reported this last week.

Someone with expertise commented that to really monitor that kind of Rx's--a professional would need to meet with the person taking them almost daily. I doubt that this happens in the civilian sector very often and I would think the military would not be able to provide this level of care.

So what is the answer? I don't have one. Such drugs can be effective--but it is generally trial and error until a perfect combination can be found. I cannot imagine that this man was entirely forthcoming in his discussions with mental health professionals--perhaps not intentionally lying but I doubt that he shared with mental health professionals any and all thoughts and feelings. Or if he did--and they weren't concerned--then who knows? And it will go around and around and around --'We thought' and it is not likely that we will ever definitively know what was wrong with him or what could/should be done.

Well, well, well.
The Muslim haters have been shown up as the idiots they are and now we know it was just a nutter with a legally held gun, the right wing loons are defending easy access to firearms.

It was the drugs, it was a mental condition, it was a little pixie with a limp - anything but the truth

IT WAS A FUCKING IDIOT AMERICAN, SHOOTING HIS OWN PEOPLE .... AS USUAL.

How dare you post facts.

Another fact: there were armed people there.

RandallFlagg
Actually, you fucking idiot, he was Puerto Rican. And I don't hate "Muslims". I hate Muslims that want to destroy my country. Get it you liberal fucktard?

Puerto Ricans ARE American citizens.

How did people get to be so damned ignorant?

No shit. He's a puerto Rican. American or not. He is not native to the United States - you ignorant fool. He is not a native born "citizen" born in the contiguous 50 states. Now, I am well aware that your boy thinks that there are 57 states. There are not. The others are a TERRITORIES of the United States. Those people are GRANTED citizenship per treaty.

Uhhmm.... there are 48 contiguous states there, Atlas....

And we're all "granted" citizenship by the Constitution. Even those evil Alaskans and Hawaiians.

I musta missed a lot ignoring this thread...

Last edited:
How dare you post facts.

Another fact: there were armed people there.

RandallFlagg

Puerto Ricans ARE American citizens.

How did people get to be so damned ignorant?

No shit. He's a puerto Rican. American or not. He is not native to the United States - you ignorant fool. He is not a native born "citizen" born in the contiguous 50 states. Now, I am well aware that your boy thinks that there are 57 states. There are not. The others are a TERRITORIES of the United States. Those people are GRANTED citizenship per treaty.

And we're all "granted" citizenship by the Constitution. Even those evil Alaskans and Hawaiians.

Not much of stupid is as stupid post.

The guy was just an over entitled hispanic. He wanted a form. Was told that the agency was closed. Come back the next day. As an over entitled Puerto Rico the doors should gave opened immediately or he'll just kill people.

The guy was just an over entitled hispanic. He wanted a form. Was told that the agency was closed. Come back the next day. As an over entitled Puerto Rico the doors should gave opened immediately or he'll just kill people.

Hey, maybe he was a pot smoker too! Shoot 'im inna face!

We don't even need evidence... the word marijuana is Spanish, so shoot 'im! :Boom2:

Hey, maybe he was a pot smoker too! Shoot 'im inna face!

We don't even need evidence... the word marijuana is Spanish, so shoot 'im! :Boom2:

Then you agree that he got what was coming to him even if he had to shoot himself in the head?

Not much of stupid is as stupid post.

Hmmmm.

Not Muslim then?

Not Muslim then?

You know what bugs me the most about this shooting? It's the fact that most people who know nothing about the military other than what they see on the news or the Military channel are going to look at this as another crazy veteran suffering from PTSD.

The think that's wrong with that is they are going to generally paint the whole veteran population with the same brush, i.e. they are going to be reluctant to hire someone who served in the wars as a possible liability, because they are going to wonder if that vet who is applying for a job is okay, or are they going to shoot up the office?

Events like this tend to make civilians wonder if all the military personnel are suffering from PTSD. Quite a few of the news shows have commented on this repeatedly, and it makes it look like most of the veterans today could have the same problem, thereby making it harder for a veteran to get hired.

From the lack of 24/7 coverage of this story on CNN --I've decided they must be adhering to a 'new policy'--something has been said about 'We will not glorify mass murderers'---I suppose the lack of air time is such an effort?

It is a good policy-- if there is such a policy.

Until investigations can be completed--there is truly nothing to discuss.

The memorial service will be Wednesday--probably the media will cover that. The POTU
S and FLOTUS will attend.

It's been enough days to note that this sure was yet another instance of REMARKABLE timing for the democrats.

This took the focus right off of Leland Yee and restored some semblance of credibility to the gun grabber agenda.

It is astounding how often the left is rescued from bad news cycles by events such as these..

It's been enough days to note that this sure was yet another instance of REMARKABLE timing for the democrats.

This took the focus right off of Leland Yee and restored some semblance of credibility to the gun grabber agenda.

It is astounding how often the left is rescued from bad news cycles by events such as these..

You are fucking dog shit.

Sent from my iPhone using the tears of Raider's fans.

Not Muslim then?

A new conspiracy theory?
They're very clever those Liberals.

A new conspiracy theory?
They're very clever those Liberals.

Yeah, that's the problem - I don't buy conspiracy theories because people can't keep their yaps shut. Sooner or later an Edward Snowden comes along.

But still, what a lucky coincidence for the gun grabbers, who were having a VERY bad week prior to that.

Forum List

Back