BREAKING: Shooting at Joel Osteen's megachurch

Nope. I do have an Illinois FOID Card (which cost me all of $11.00 to get after I pinky swore to the state that I wasn't a crazy person), but I haven't bought one. I was thinking about buying one, but Mrs. B131 doesn't want one in the house. I have no doubt I'd have no problem getting one if I really wanted one.

I was a supply sergeant/Armorer in the Army for 11 years. I've handled enough guns to last me 10 lifetimes.

Ask the Mrs what she plans to do when someone kicks in her door at midnight and is in her bedroom before she can unlock the screen on her phone to dial 911.

So a couple of trigger happy guys shoot a child while killing a disturbed woman, and they are heroes to you.

Hey, was the substance she spread on the floor actually dangerous? Did the find the bombs she claimed to have planted?

It sounds like the only people hit by bullets were the ones shot by these two guys who responded.

Those "trigger happy guys" were off duty cops. That shows training means nothing. When bullets start to fly, shit happens, good and bad.

Ask the Mrs what she plans to do when someone kicks in her door at midnight and is in her bedroom before she can unlock the screen on her phone to dial 911.

Again, a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy, so that isn't much of an issue.

DGU's are rare. They certainly don't justify the carnage we have in this country on a daily basis.

Those "trigger happy guys" were off duty cops. That shows training means nothing. When bullets start to fly, shit happens, good and bad.

Sounds like a good reason to make guns much harder to get, then.

Now, imagine what would have happened if this woman hadn't been allowed to buy a gun, because someone did a real background check and her family, friends, neighbors all said she was crazy.

Only in your mind.
I might be generalising but the impression given by people who claim to be Christian is alien to me. Americans worship money and their Jesus fits in with that.
In fact they only invoke the scriptures to justify cruelty.
I suspect its why young people are turning away from the church.

Off duty law enforcement. People who are TRAINED to deal with these situations.

And of the two people injured, one of them was a five year old girl that was with the shooter. So given the high probability one of their bullets hit her, it wasn't such a great thing, was it.

Well Regulated Militia... you leave that part out.
In working order as to be expected

Again, a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy, so that isn't much of an issue.

DGU's are rare. They certainly don't justify the carnage we have in this country on a daily basis.

Now, imagine what would have happened if this woman hadn't been allowed to buy a gun, because someone did a real background check and her family, friends, neighbors all said she was crazy.
You're pushing a lie back from the 90s shut the fuck up.

I might be generalising but the impression given by people who claim to be Christian is alien to me. Americans worship money and their Jesus fits in with that.
Kind of.

I think the problem is that young people are always indifferent to church. Back in the 1970s, our Church was all excited when we got a new priest who was going to re-engage with the young people in the parish.

A decade later he was defrocked for having a relationship with a teen girl.

Young people don't care about religion that much because they think they are going to live forever.

The time you start caring about religion is when you know there are more years behind than ahead.

Hey, I'm all for ending Corporate Welfare...oh, wait, that wasn't what you were talking about.

And of course, not all of us can have a shiny new Double Wide like you, Cleetus.

Sure end it, but it is lower income workers(Democrats) that would ultimate suffer the most.

Yeah, double-wides like this one in Florida, which you said is horrible, just suck.

160 Palm St #5, Marco Island, FL 34145 | MLS #223091059 | Zillow

What about this dump in Georgia?

316 Yacht Club Ln, Saint Simons Island, GA 31522 | MLS #1643530 | Zillow

Or, in SC, even stepping away from the coast line where there are numerous expensive areas…

5 Redgold Ct, Greer, SC 29650 | MLS #1509369 | Zillow

What about in Alabama? There is no way there are nice places there, except maybe on the coast. Oh wait…

4665 Riverview Rd, Sandy Springs, GA 30327 | MLS #7247567 | Zillow

I could go on and on and you know that you are full of it with your “double-wide” talk, unless you believe that folks like these live next to double-wides. Much of the South isn’t like the big cities where you live in that we have large areas that are nice and safe, not just a few city blocks. Things don’t change in a NY minute because we don’t live next to the riff-raff like you rats are forced to do in large cities.

Worshipping money is contrary to being Christian. My church has many young people attending worship services.

You're pushing a lie back from the 90s shut the fuck up.

Except it was never disproven, was it?

DGU's are rare. only 200 cases of justified homicide by civilians according the the FBI.

Compared to 19,000 gun homicides and 25,000 gun suicides a year, most of them occurring in the home.

if anything, Kellerman was underestimating the problem.

So you're saying disarm off duty cops? Because if trained law enforcement can hit a child in a shootout with an armed suspect then anyone can,

I could go on and on and you know that you are full of it with your “double-wide” talk, unless you believe that folks like these live next to double-wides. Much of the South isn’t like the big cities where you live in that we have large areas that are nice and safe, not just a few city blocks. Things don’t change in a NY minute because we don’t live next to the riff-raff like you rats are forced to do in large cities.

Uh, guy there are nice mansions in the most awful third world countries, it doesn't make them any less third world countries.

Check out this mansion in Mexico.

Wow, that's really nice, I don't know why anyone would want to leave Mexico.

But again, I am sure you are very proud that the wealthy can lord over you, Cleetus, while you live inyour Double Wide.

So you're saying disarm off duty cops? Because if trained law enforcement can hit a child in a shootout with an armed suspect then anyone can,

I'm saying let's not put off duty cops in the position where they have to do that on a regular basis.

1707743691500.png

DGU's are rare. only 200 cases of justified homicide by civilians according the the FBI.

Compared to 19,000 gun homicides and 25,000 gun suicides a year, most of them occurring in the home.

Yes it's been debunked
Myth No. 1: A gun in the home is more likely to kill a family member than an intruder.

This is probably the most widely circulated gun control myth ever. It's been argued that a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a family than an intruder. You're actually safer, argue anti-gun folks, in a gun-free home. That may help them sleep at night, but it isn't true.

Despite this myth's popularity, have you ever noticed politicians and journalists never cite a source to go along with it? Perhaps that's because it's derived from a seriously flawed 1986 report in the New England Journal of Medicine, "Protection or Peril?: An Analysis of Firearm-Related Deaths in the Home."

Most notably, the study only accounted for cases of self-defense with firearms in which the criminal was killed. If the bad guy was wounded, held at gunpoint for police or ran away, it was not included in the data. That is a rather incredible oversight since, according to Florida State criminologist Gary Kleck, criminals are only shot dead in about 1 percent of firearm-defense incidents. Fact is, according to Kleck's exhaustive research, a gun in the home is three to five times more likely to help stop a crime than commit one.

Yes it's been debunked
Myth No. 1: A gun in the home is more likely to kill a family member than an intruder.

This is probably the most widely circulated gun control myth ever. It's been argued that a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a family than an intruder. You're actually safer, argue anti-gun folks, in a gun-free home. That may help them sleep at night, but it isn't true.

Despite this myth's popularity, have you ever noticed politicians and journalists never cite a source to go along with it? Perhaps that's because it's derived from a seriously flawed 1986 report in the New England Journal of Medicine, "Protection or Peril?: An Analysis of Firearm-Related Deaths in the Home."

Most notably, the study only accounted for cases of self-defense with firearms in which the criminal was killed. If the bad guy was wounded, held at gunpoint for police or ran away, it was not included in the data. That is a rather incredible oversight since, according to Florida State criminologist Gary Kleck, criminals are only shot dead in about 1 percent of firearm-defense incidents. Fact is, according to Kleck's exhaustive research, a gun in the home is three to five times more likely to help stop a crime than commit one.

Yeah, here's the problem with that. I find it hard to believe that 99% of the time, when you gun wankers finally get a chance to legitimately murder a darkie... I mean a "criminal", that most of you can contain yourselves.

Yes it's been debunked

Officers kill man defending his home.

Police fatally shot her husband after they went to the wrong house — then detained her for hours

I fully support the 2nd but we have a real problem with law enforcement and the idea of blast away and then try and figure out what the situation is.

What good is the right to arm yourself to defend your home when the cops will kill you for it?

So a couple of trigger happy guys shoot a child while killing a disturbed woman, and they are heroes to you.

Hey, was the substance she spread on the floor actually dangerous? Did the find the bombs she claimed to have planted?

It sounds like the only people hit by bullets were the ones shot by these two guys who responded.
The transvestite was armed with a rifle. The child was hers. (She brought her own child to a gun battle)

"She" wasn't going to get away with anything. They found no bombs.

Churches are NOT "Gun Free Zones".

Other than the publicly available information I know nothing as I don't have friends who currently attend Joel Olsteen's church.

But I have attended several large megaChurches....people who patrol are armed. I have never feared I'm going to get shot....like ever. I don't do anything that would cause anyone to draw their gun on me....I might irritate them by bringing better food to a potluck or have better knowledge of Doctrines....but that's not a reason to shoot me. My singing ability? Whole nuther story....I can't sing whatsoever. Don't have that gene. I sound really bad....like worse than imaginable.
But I'll catch a ride on a golf cart by an armed driver without even a long look at their firearm. It's just so normal to me at least.

Violent and hate filled people ALWAYS have an excuse to be violent. Just because they claim to be a Christian doesn't mean they actually are. So stop with the blanket accusations. Used to be that Democrats were peace loving hippies....now they are funneling guns, starting wars, and responsible for zombies so stoned on drugs and mob stealing parties that retailers are leaving cities.

That's the problem with broad brushes....anymore from you and I'll believe you to be a mob thief transvestite ready to mow down church members or children.

Yes it's been debunked

It was very deliberate. That's how these "studies" work. They run the numbers one way, then another, then another, until they get the desired results. Then the progressive-run "professional journals" eagerly publish.

Global Warming Alarmists are best at this method, but it happens everywhere "science" mixes with politics.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back