BREAKING: Shooting at Joel Osteen's megachurch

And 3) Despite all that, she had no problem getting a gun.

When I applied for my current job, I got a thorough background check. Didn't matter I was a Veteran with a 35 year work history, they still checked me out.

When I applied for my current mortgage, I underwent a thorough background check.

I am now sponsoring my wife for immigration. Even though she's lived and worked here for 8 years, we are undergoing a thorough background check.

When I applied for a FOID card, I paid $11.00, and got it in a few weeks.
1 Well that’s your states fault. My state of Connecticut you apply to both the state and the city to own a gun. You get a background check, finger printed, my city required two non familial references and you go through a 8 hour gun safety course. Assuming you pass all that, you pay a ridiculous amount of money to have everything processed but eventually you get the license to carry concealed. Then you can buy a gun but even there it’s like a three day wait.

2 As we saw in Maine even if there are laws they don’t always enforce them. Let’s enforce the laws we have before we tack on more.

3 as you saw with Adam Lanza the Sandy Hook shooter, all the hoops they make you jump through in the name of gun control doesn’t always work. People can be lax with gun storage as Ethan’s law proves and illegal gun are plentiful. You can have all the gun control you want but as the drug cartels prove, illegal doesn’t result in prevention.

I agree with the recent case of Jennifer Crumbly who was also found in her son’s shooting case. She as a parent was grossly negligent with her minor sons care which resulted in a shooting that killed four. We need idiot control along with accountability. That kid, like Adam Lanza should have been in a mental health facility. This may surprise you but it’s also very hard to institutionalize a person not because of Constitutional rights but because of lack of such facilities and insurance companies don’t want to pay. The insurance companies decided outpatient care was better; better for them as it’s cheaper. Facilities got shut down. Now those mentally unbalanced people walk the streets with us doing out patient care. Sliding scale places that take poor uninsured people are overwhelmed and an intake can take forever. For quick care you go to the hospital. And that’s in Connecticut a fairly rich state. I can’t imagine how bad it is in a poorer state.
We really gotta overhaul the system and make it across the board. It’s not the guns it’s our society.

That's a huge projection
No kidding right?

Church attendance doesn't make a person a Christian anymore than attendance at a Tailor Swift concert make someone one of her dedicated fans.

Churches have ALWAYS been extremely open and welcoming anyone who wants to attend their services. They have never accused anyone who claims Christ as not being one of them....even when the person has no visible evidence of being one of them.

For the vast majority of "Christians" there is not enough evidence to convict them of that label were someone to try to do so.

So when a Transvestite who brings her kids to a shooting that "she" concocts due to her mental illness....it's the churches fault?

Isn't that called "Victim Blaming"?

1 Well that’s your states fault. My state of Connecticut you apply to both the state and the city to own a gun. You get a background check, finger printed, my city required two non familial references and you go through a 8 hour gun safety course. Assuming you pass all that, you pay a ridiculous amount of money to have everything processed but eventually you get the license to carry concealed. Then you can buy a gun but even there it’s like a three day wait.

2 As we saw in Maine even if there are laws they don’t always enforce them. Let’s enforce the laws we have before we tack on more.

3 as you saw with Adam Lanza the Sandy Hook shooter, all the hoops they make you jump through in the name of gun control doesn’t always work. People can be lax with gun storage as Ethan’s law proves and illegal gun are plentiful. You can have all the gun control you want but as the drug cartels prove, illegal doesn’t result in prevention.

I agree with the recent case of Jennifer Crumbly who was also found in her son’s shooting case. She as a parent was grossly negligent with her minor sons care which resulted in a shooting that killed four. We need idiot control along with accountability. That kid, like Adam Lanza should have been in a mental health facility. This may surprise you but it’s also very hard to institutionalize a person not because of Constitutional rights but because of lack of such facilities and insurance companies don’t want to pay. The insurance companies decided outpatient care was better; better for them as it’s cheaper. Facilities got shut down. Now those mentally unbalanced people walk the streets with us doing out patient care. Sliding scale places that take poor uninsured people are overwhelmed and an intake can take forever. For quick care you go to the hospital. And that’s in Connecticut a fairly rich state. I can’t imagine how bad it is in a poorer state.
We really gotta overhaul the system and make it across the board. It’s not the guns it’s our society.
Connecticut happens to have pretty strengent requirements to own a gun. Many states have no such requirements. In Texas, the buyer doesn't have to supply any identification, and there are no federal laws matching Connecticut

No kidding right?

Church attendance doesn't make a person a Christian anymore than attendance at a Tailor Swift concert make someone one of her dedicated fans.

Churches have ALWAYS been extremely open and welcoming anyone who wants to attend their services. They have never accused anyone who claims Christ as not being one of them....even when the person has no visible evidence of being one of them.

For the vast majority of "Christians" there is not enough evidence to convict them of that label were someone to try to do so.

So when a Transvestite who brings her kids to a shooting that "she" concocts due to her mental illness....it's the churches fault?

Isn't that called "Victim Blaming"?
Bullshit. Churches have proudly excluded gays, and not that long ago, many didn't allow blacks in their services. Several so called Christian ministers have claimed not supporting trump is the same as devil worship. Christianity has very little to do with Jesus' teachings in many cases.

Probably the best way for people who are restricted from purchasing firearms.

Think hard
Sure. Individual sellers legally don't even have to ask the buyers name. There are certainly no papers, forms, or records to file or keep.

Sure. Individual sellers legally don't even have to ask the buyers name. There are certainly no papers, forms, or records to file or keep.

You're slowly creeping up to why gun laws are ridiculous.

If someone wants a gun they'll get one.

If I wanted an AR I could find one in a heartbeat. It's bigger than your feelz

You actually have to have a religion to pray you ridiculous loon
I pray to the one true God. It is the only real God.

That said, I am on your side. Just because Christianity is a fake religion I still support your worship of it.

I will pray for you.

Underperforming shooter. Why ain't there any shot Jesus huffers to brighten my day?

Forum List

Back