Breaking: Van mows down people walking on London Bridge.

Should the practice of Islam be banned in Western / civilized nations?

• Yes

Votes: 47 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 2.6%

• Total voters
Newspaper headlines should say, "Islamic terrorists murder citizens made defenseless by the government."

What the Pope said: "Dear friends, let us ask the Lord, through the intercession of the Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church, for the grace to never fall into the temptation of thinking we can make it without others, that we can get along without the Church, that we can save ourselves alone, of being Christians of the laboratory. On the contrary, you cannot love God without loving your brothers, you cannot love God outside of the Church; you cannot be in communion with God without being so in the Church.”

Pope said Catholics are different. Says they are the only Christians.

No, he did not say that. He said that all Christians need 'the church', i.e. other people of the faith. When we are saved, God adds us to His church, Act 2:47, and whether we think we have joined a church or not is not how He sees it. We are in the Body of Christ if we are saved from the moment we are saved.

And since they worship Mary and not Christ, that makes them a cult.

Roman Catholics do not 'worship' Mary like we worship God. We adore and venerate Mary and only 'worship' her as a man would 'worship' his wife as was once expressed in traditional wedding vows.

Marriage vows - Wikipedia

Pope Francis Decrees That Christian Salvation Is Only Through The Roman Catholic Church

That is an anti-Catholic religious source that is not objective or accurate in its statements about the church.

Why do you hate Catholics so much?
A. You validate my point that Catholiicis are a cult with Mary worship. And not one mention of Jesus
B. The thief on the cross went to Paradise with Jesus. His only act was to believe. Wow, just as Jesus said.

Pope said only Catholics are Christians - it's a cult.

Leave the Catholic cult and they say your not saved.

Bunch of cultist lunatics

No, that is the lefts interpretation.
From Georgetown Law-

The view that foreign nationals do not deserve the same con- stitutional protections as U.S. citizens was given some support in April 2003 when a divided Supreme Court in Demore v. Kim3 upheld a 1996 statute imposing mandatory detention

From the SC decision-

And, since Mathews , this Court has firmly and repeatedly endorsed the proposition that Congress may make rules as to aliens that would be unacceptable if applied to citizens. See, e.g ., Zadvydas, 533 U. S., at 718 ( Kennedy , J., dissenting) (“The liberty rights of the aliens before us here are subject to limitations and conditions not applicable to citizens”); Reno v. Flores, 507 U. S. 292, 430 U. S. 787, 494 U. S. 259, 273 (1990) .

The First was written for US citizens, not for the world.
One of their most ardent and steadfast supporters here even has the audacity to talk about compassion in her siggy line.

and the terrorist supporter has now confirmed her identity.
"Terrorist supporter", eh? That label covers everyone who doesn't agree with you on trashing the 1st Amendment, doesn't it?
The 1st Amendment applies to anyone in the United States.
So...according to you, none of our civil rights apply to visitors to the U.S....is that correct?

Russia....Russia....Russia
The Russians! The Russians!
giphy.gif

What the Pope said: "Dear friends, let us ask the Lord, through the intercession of the Virgin Mary, Mother of the Church, for the grace to never fall into the temptation of thinking we can make it without others, that we can get along without the Church, that we can save ourselves alone, of being Christians of the laboratory. On the contrary, you cannot love God without loving your brothers, you cannot love God outside of the Church; you cannot be in communion with God without being so in the Church.”

No, he did not say that. He said that all Christians need 'the church', i.e. other people of the faith. When we are saved, God adds us to His church, Act 2:47, and whether we think we have joined a church or not is not how He sees it. We are in the Body of Christ if we are saved from the moment we are saved.

Roman Catholics do not 'worship' Mary like we worship God. We adore and venerate Mary and only 'worship' her as a man would 'worship' his wife as was once expressed in traditional wedding vows.

Pope Francis Decrees That Christian Salvation Is Only Through The Roman Catholic Church

That is an anti-Catholic religious source that is not objective or accurate in its statements about the church.

A. You validate my point that Catholiicis are a cult with Mary worship. And not one mention of Jesus
B. The thief on the cross went to Paradise with Jesus. His only act was to believe. Wow, just as Jesus said.

The Pope said no such thing and for you to keep repeating that lie is slander.

:popcorn:

They are US citizens.
One of their most ardent and steadfast supporters here even has the audacity to talk about compassion in her siggy line.

"Terrorist supporter", eh? That label covers everyone who doesn't agree with you on trashing the 1st Amendment, doesn't it?
What about the US citizens who are Muslim?

The Constitution and Bill of Rights are Christian documents... you dont have an exclusive
They most certainly are not christian documents....where did you get THAT silly idea? :rofl:
The Constitution Was Indeed Founded Upon a Christian Worldview; That’s Why It Endures
Of course...a christer website would be totally impartial. :rofl:

Look up the Enlightenment some time...John Locke, Charles-Louis Montesquieu for example. The Roman Republic, the Athens democracy....our Founders remember the horror that was Puritan Massachusetts. They had their stomach full of religion in government.
Christianity is not a religion, it's a faith.
Great! So the 1st Amendment doesn't apply. :clap:
Like I said religion is man-made has nothing to do with faith

Pope Benedict XVI has reasserted the universal primacy of the Roman Catholic Church, approving a document released Tuesday that says Orthodox churches were defective and that other Christian denominations were not true churches.
Pope: Only One "True" Church - CBS News
Catholic Church is a lunatic cult.

Just as naturalized citizens have to say an oath that they are not and never been a member of the communist party. Any Muslim who wants to get a visa to the US or become a permanent resident should understand that Islam cannot be practiced in the US.
Hate that 1st Amendment, eh?
First amendment doesn't allow our citizens to be killed by a suicidal death cult impersonating as a religion.

I think it's more about real risk assessment rather than perceived risk - especially risks who's simplest solutions seem to involve conveniently scapegoating minorities for complex problems.

I didn't say anything about scapegoating minorities. In fact you've seen me defending them. There are people on this thread who want to take overly simplistic, blatantly unconstitutional measures against them. All I want is a rigorous vetting system, which I view is well within the bounds of our Constitution.

But what is the real risk that you will be involved in something this terrible? Chances are more likely you will be injured by a drunk driver or a random shooting then by a terrorist.

Sigh.

Coyote, nothing in life is a certainty, not even your safety. I can't take the "this will never happen to me" approach. Those people on that bridge didn't think they'd be mowed down by terrorists today. But they were.

I think we have to be careful. Look at all the rhetoric abounding. Look at people actively calling for totally innocent citizens to be rounded up, shot, expelled (never mind they've lived generations in the land of their citizenship) to foreign nations.

For the record, I am not one of those issuing such rhetoric. However, I think we're being TOO careful. We throw caution to the wind in order to be more accepting and tolerant of other people. That's what Europe is doing and it is suffering dearly for it.

Is this what you Liberals want. Where everyone is afraid to go to a concert for fear of a terrorist attack? Paranoia in the streets. Fear to go to any crowded venue. I say hell no! arm up and take your streets back.
More likely to be killed in a car crash on my way to and from work......I'm not living in fear tho I have to travel back and forth to work all the time. Speak for your own paranoia.
You will be when the animals build a homemade WMD or sneak one in, and set it off in one of the main cities, killing tens of thousands if not more. We are heading there fast, thanks to Hussien Obama and the Lefties.

Just as naturalized citizens have to say an oath that they are not and never been a member of the communist party. Any Muslim who wants to get a visa to the US or become a permanent resident should understand that Islam cannot be practiced in the US.
Hate that 1st Amendment, eh?
First amendment doesn't allow our citizens to be killed by a suicidal death cult impersonating as a religion.

If you're talking about extremist...I agree. If you're talking about the average Muslim in America? I disagree.

Freedom of religion is foundational...like free speech...start chipping away at it, and we're all in trouble.

1- prayers to the victims.
2-Hell to the terrorists and criminals.
3-why the UK, US, France....? I said it a long time ago, getting involved in the middle east will back fire. Be like Japan, Korea, Brasil....don't get mixed up in a mess in the 1st place. The terrorists needed a reason and the invasions were their Christmas gifts.

Japan and Korea don't allow in pedophile worshipping members of the death cult like you into their countries all Muslims out of the west, death to Islam!

They are citizens, but if naturalized their citizenship can be revoked, through judicial action.

What about the US citizens who are Muslim?

Pope Benedict XVI has reasserted the universal primacy of the Roman Catholic Church, approving a document released Tuesday that says Orthodox churches were defective and that other Christian denominations were not true churches.
Pope: Only One "True" Church - CBS News
Catholic Church is a lunatic cult.

Yes, the Roman Catholic Church believes that it best represents God's Will on Earth, much like almost every other church also believes about itself or they would not exist.

It is like that old rebutal to the charge of intellectual pridefulness; 'Tell me what you are wrong about.'

And when a rifle does not hit its target from a bench rest when sighted in, it is often said to not have true aim, so these other churches are less 'treu' than the RCC since they do not reflect the more accurate version of God's Will.

What is next? you going to lecture about how the seven hills of Rome are proof that the Pope is the AntiChrist?

Forum List

Back