BREAKING: White Marine Vet To Be Charged In Death of Jordan Neely

The evidence is the testimony of witnesses who heard him issue death threats.

And they should be heard in court, if they are actual, credible witnesses. I'm skeptical only because I'm assuming that any DA understands the social/political implications involved and further assume he would do his due diligence to avoid being embarrassed by charging someone based on a half-assed investigation.

That being said, it's entirely possible that witnesses were for whatever reason reluctant to come forward but maybe have since done so because they felt Penny's being mistreated.

Time will tell. I am fairly confident that the right verdict will be reached, whether it's an acquittal or a conviction. A hung jury would be unfortunate, but it can happen.

“He said, ‘I don’t care. I’ll take a bullet, I’ll go to jail’ because he would kill people on the train,” the woman said .....

The underlined part was from the woman, not a quote from the deceased like the rest of it. Wait for real testimony from a likely upcoming trial before playing a clown who "knows" things he is just guessing at.

The underlined part was from the woman, not a quote from the deceased like the rest of it. Wait for real testimony from a likely upcoming trial before playing a clown who "knows" things he is just guessing at.
Read the very next sentence...

“He said, ‘I would kill a motherf—er. I don’t care. I’ll take a bullet. I’ll go to jail.’”

How the fuck can you miss that not once, but twice?

Do I have to underline everything?

Are you a fuckin' kindergartener?

How about you read whole fucking article you lazy fuck instead of playing a clown who knows things when he can even spend 8 fucking seconds to read the entire quote that I took the time to provide?

What a fucking asshole.

Last edited:

“He said, ‘I would kill a motherf—er. I don’t care. I’ll take a bullet. I’ll go to jail.’”

How about you read whole fucking article you lazy fuck instead of playing a clown who knows things when can even spend 8 fucking seconds to read the entire quote that I took the time to provide?

What a fucking asshole.
Wait for real testimony from a likely upcoming trial before playing a clown who "knows" things he is just guessing at.

And they should be heard in court, if they are actual, credible witnesses. I'm skeptical only because I'm assuming that any DA understands the social/political implications involved and further assume he would do his due diligence to avoid being embarrassed by charging someone based on a half-assed investigation.

That being said, it's entirely possible that witnesses were for whatever reason reluctant to come forward but maybe have since done so because they felt Penny's being mistreated.

Time will tell. I am fairly confident that the right verdict will be reached, whether it's an acquittal or a conviction. A hung jury would be unfortunate, but it can happen.
The bias concerning this case, because the victim was black and the Good Samaritan is white, cannot be understated.

1) Although media usually does not identify a criminal (or attacker or thief or whatever) by race, in this case they are all jumping over each other to identify him as black when he is the victim. I‘ve read several stories on this case, and without fail they all prominently announce that it was a black man killed - complete with angelic photos of him from years ago.

2) Similarly, the mayor announced that it was a BLACK man killed, and he emphasized black. The implication is that this was somehow related to race and incite more racial tension. Why else mention an irrelevant fact?

3) Finally, in the stories I have read (of course, they’re found via Google which is leading to liberal sources), Neely is described as mentally ill and homeless, but there has been NO mention that he was a repeat offender, arrested 42 times, and injured three people on previous subway attacks. The slant to make this guy seem like a troubled black man, whom a white Marine killed for saying he was hungry, is a crime in and of itself.

The bias concerning this case, because the victim was black and the Good Samaritan is white, cannot be understated.

I'm not saying there's no bias at all -- everyone brings their life experiences with them. There's no avoiding that. But the existence of bias doesn't mean someone can't get a fair trial.

1) Although media usually does not identify a criminal (or attacker or thief or whatever) by race, in this case they are all jumping over each other to identify him as black when he is the victim. I‘ve read several stories on this case, and without fail they all prominently announce that it was a black man killed - complete with angelic photos of him from years ago.

Race is always going to be mentioned. There's no getting around that, history and all. I won't deny that this can make it hard to get a completely impartial jury, but part of Penny's defense team's job will be screening for jurors who say biased things or have blatant biases and who may be more likely to ignore jury and courtroom instructions. That's the key, really. Can they follow instructions? Can they find jurors who treat what they're doing as an important civic duty, not a chance to make a political statement.

2) Similarly, the mayor announced that it was a BLACK man killed, and he emphasized black. The implication is that this was somehow related to race.

Even if Mayor Adams doesn't say it, the media will. They can't not talk about it.

3) Finally, in the stories I have read (of course, they’re found via Google which is leading to liberal sources), Neely is described as mentally ill and homeless, but there has been NO mention that he was a repeat offender, arrested 42 times, and injured three people on previous subway attacks. The slant to make this guy seem like a troubled black man, whom a white Marine killed for saying he was hungry, is a crime in and of itself.

Yeah I mean some have put it like that, but most of the sources I've read have addressed the complexity of the case. Maybe I'm being naive but do think both sides will be able to tell their stories. TBH, I think this is the last kind of case that the DA wanted thrown in his lap. He's got enough shit to deal with in the Trump case (I don't think he wanted that one either, tbh).

You’re confusing “critical thinking” with “speculating wildly”.
Negative.

Read and learn...

Are you a fuckin' kindergartener?

How about you read whole fucking article you lazy fuck instead of playing a clown who knows things when he can even spend 8 fucking seconds to read the entire quote that I took the time to provide?

What a fucking asshole.
So he was screaming. Crime deserving of death?

Forum List

Back