BREAKING: White Marine Vet To Be Charged In Death of Jordan Neely

Based on what I've seen and read, the letter of the law would suggest that Penny committed manslaughter or negligent homicide. I agree he didn't intend to kill Neely, but it happened as a result of his application of force. There's evidence Neely made people uncomfortable - I don't think that's debatable. But force has to be relative to the actual threat. Neely didn't actually threaten or attack anyone.

That being said, who knows how jurors will see it.
He did threaten people.

Nobody said Neely harmed or attacked anybody on the subway, and it was filmed.
He assaulted numerous people, and the reason the Marine is being charged is because a white man (accidentally) killed a black man who was assaulting others and had 42 arrests on his record. We sure aren’t hearing much about the other 27 people intentionally murdered on the subway over the past few years, have we?

This is all about furthering the leftist narrative that whites are horrific oppressors and blacks their innocent victims. If the races were reversed, this would have been a nothingburger.

He assaulted numerous people, and the reason the Marine is being charged is because a white man (accidentally) killed a black man who was assaulting others and had 42 arrests on his record. We sure aren’t hearing much about the other 27 people intentionally murdered on the subway over the past few years, have we?

This is all about furthering the leftist narrative that whites are horrific oppressors and blacks their innocent victims. If the races were reversed, this would have been a nothingburger.
Idk, I think they'd probably prosecute a black good guy Marine the same way. :dunno:

He did threaten people.

I think what makes this case complicated is that people probably did feel "threatened", but were they actually threatened?

Hear me out: I think that according to the letter of the law, Daniel Perry committed manslaughter (or negligent homicide). But will a jury agree with me? I have no idea. This is not an easy case. I don't think Perry is an evil person. I think he thought he was probably doing the right thing. Unfortunately, that is sometimes what manslaughter is: "Oops, sorry, I killed you"

Show me a link. I have read several different articles, but not one where people said he attacked anybody. Was there video of those murders? This Homicide was filmed by an independent reporter and most articles quoted him. Sounds sad, but I guess the dead guy should have played his card.

Involuntary manslaughter and probation. If they are going to let people this wander the subway they cannot expect people not to defend themselves.

Show me a link. I have read several different articles, but not one where people said he attacked anybody. Was there video of those murders? This Homicide was filmed by an independent reporter and most articles quoted him. Sounds sad, but I guess the dead guy should have played his card.
I didn‘t say he attacked people. I said he assaulted people. I hope you understand the difference.

And remember, this criminal had a long rap sheet, and including for violent crime. Let’s please not turn him into a harmless, law-abiding individual.

Involuntary manslaughter and probation. If they are going to let people this wander the subway they cannot expect people not to defend themselves.
Agree, and he should serve no prison time. His “punishment” could be 20 hours of community service per month as a guard on the subway.

I didn‘t say he attacked people. I said he assaulted people. I hope you understand the difference.

And remember, this criminal had a long rap sheet, and including for violent crime. Let’s please not turn him into a harmless, law-abiding individual.
Yes, I know the difference. I am just not sure if shouting about being hungry and ready to go to jail is enough. I hope he doesn't use Republican lawyers, for his sake.

The Democrat justice system creates the problems by releasing these violent people back onto the street. Three prior subway attacks and they let Neely off every time. Give the Ex-Marine the same consideration.

The Democrat justice system creates the problems by releasing these violent people back onto the street. Three prior subway attacks and they let Neely off every time. Give the Ex-Marine the same consideration.
The might, but how many of Neely's attacks were fatal?

I am just hoping in that city he can get the fair trial he needs. You know they are going to find him guilty of something.

You can tell that Mayor Adams was not in favor of him being charged, as are most New Yorkers. The loud voices out there, like Al Sharpton and a few others, are in the minority of opinion.
Alvin Bragg was elected with 85% of the vote, so if this is not what New Yorkers want maybe they should start looking at more than the letter next to someone's name when they vote.

Forum List

Back