Brett Kavanaugh was forced out of a DC restaurant by protesters amid anger at SCOTUS overturning Roe v Wade

My comprehension is fine. Those women weren't murdering babies. But mass shooters and others with guns are. Ask Marathon Mike, he'll tell you. So don't get all self righteous about zygotes but support weapons that kill children after they are born.
If I may quote another poster, "Twist those pearls harder, they might turn into diamonds."

Kavanaugh said he understood the importance of the case.

“I don’t live in a bubble, I understand, I live in the real world. I understand the importance of the issue,” Kavanaugh said. He said that the Supreme Court’s ruling in Planned Parenthood v. Casey added force to the court’s legal reasoning. It was “precedent on precedent,” he said.

What he said was truth, it has been reaffirmed many times. And?

Orangecat said:
Well, to those of us who actually know the truth, the people who think the SCOTUS made abortion illegal are useful idiots repeating hysterical nonsense. Now you know.

Irrelevant babble, that.

Actually it is not hysterical because we who really know the truth understood that decision immediately ended abortion in 13 states and there is legislation pending to end it in many others. Furthermore, we know if republicans get the majority the right wing congress will pass a law ending it. We all know this, including you.

What he said was truth, it has been reaffirmed many times. And?
but wait….there is more

When Feinstein asked Kavanaugh to explain what he meant by that, he said:

Kavanaugh: Senator, I said that it is settled as a precedent of the Supreme Court, entitled the respect under principles of stare decisis. And one of the important things to keep in mind about Roe v. Wade is that it has been reaffirmed many times over the past 45 years, as you know, and most prominently, most importantly, reaffirmed in Planned Parenthood v. Casey in 1992.
And as you well recall, senator, I know when that case came up, the Supreme Court did not just reaffirm it in passing. The court specifically went through all the factors of stare decisis in considering whether to overrule it, and the joint opinion of Justice Kennedy, Justice O’Connor and Justice Souter, at great length went through those factors. That was the question presented in the case.

No, he said it with is own mouth.

"Feinstein then outright asked Kavanaugh what he meant by “settled law” and whether he believed Roe v. Wade to be correct law. Kavanaugh said he believed it was “settled as a precedent of the Supreme Court” and should be “entitled the respect under principles of stare decisis,” the notion that precedents should not be overturned without strong reason."

In particular, much was made of a private meeting between Kavanaugh and Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, who said the nominee had told her he considered Roe to be "settled law."

Collins Says Supreme Court Nominee Kavanaugh Called Roe v. Wade 'Settled Law'

POLITICS

Collins Says Supreme Court Nominee Kavanaugh Called Roe v. Wade 'Settled Law'

But Kavanaugh stopped short of repeating that line in his hearing, instead focusing on Roe's status as Supreme Court precedent.

"It is settled as a precedent of the Supreme Court, entitled the respect under principles of stare decisis," he said. "The Supreme Court has recognized the right to abortion since the 1973 Roe v. Wade case. It has reaffirmed it many times."

Additionally, Kavanaugh said it can be appropriate for the court to revisit prior decisions. "I listen to all arguments," he said. "You have an open mind. You get the briefs and arguments. And some arguments are better than others. Precedent is critically important. It is the foundation of our system. But you listen to all arguments."

This is what he stated in front of the committee

but wait….there is more

When Feinstein asked Kavanaugh to explain what he meant by that, he said:

Kav decided Dobbs on its merits and the law. Not on his opinion about abortion.

And that's all we can expect from him, especially after he was exonerated for the Gang Rape Parties the libs accused him of.

Look out Meister, these tricky fuckers have a different dictionary. I was just talking with one who has a dictionary that defines "moral" and "religious" as "white slave owner".
No you didn't. But I am sure you conflated whatever was said. And don't be right wing talking about dictionaries and definitions.

Kav decided Dobbs on its merits and the law. Not on his opinion about abortion.

And that's all we can expect from him, especially after he was exonerated for the Gang Rape Parties the libs accused him of.
Bullshit.

No you didn't. But I am sure you conflated whatever was said. And don't be right wing talking about dictionaries and definitions.
Oh, that's even better! Right wingers are now unable to use dictionaries and definitions! What fun.

Keep talking.

Forum List

Back