British slave owners’ family to apologise and pay reparations

I am happy to pay reparations. I wouldl like to see a scheme proposed that starts to put rght the injustice.
Over here and in America black folk have been mistreated and held back. Something should be done.

I am not sure how my family benefitted from the industrial revolution.Working down pits is not really a reward.

The industrial revolution needed coal, didn't it?

I suppose that it i a start. These people live off the fruits of slavery even today. They should make good on that.
Its about governments put some thought into this. Apologies dont cut it any more.
Reparations paid to whom? None of them suffered from slavery.

There needs to be a scheme of some sort. Something that will make a difference.. That is not my area of expertise.. People will have better ideas than me.
Your argument is comical from someone who doesnt believe in equity.
Like those who used to ask how many refugees are you personally housing.
Like those for abortion asking those how many others have they personally adopted?

Reparations paid to whom? None of them suffered from slavery.
Its not just slavery. Its the jim Crow era as well. Black folk held back from adancement due to racism and restrictive laws.
Cant live in the best places, cant go to the good universities.
Whitey benefitted from this. Black folk suffered..

Whitey has benefitted fom centuries of positive discrimination. Its time to put that right.

There needs to be a scheme of some sort. Something that will make a difference.. That is not my area of expertise.. People will have better ideas than me.
Your argument is comical from someone who doesnt believe in equity.
Like those who used to ask how many refugees are you personally housing.
I believe in equality. When a person works as hard as I do in the same job and achieves the same results, they should be paid equally well. If that person chooses to squander their earnings leading to a lesser outcome than I have, that is where it stops. That is the fallacy of "equity" in a nutshell.

Its not just slavery. Its the jim Crow era as well. Black folk held back from adancement due to racism and restrictive laws.

Whitey has benefitted fom centuries of positive discrimination. Its time to put that right.
So these current "black folk" (is that racist?) have benefitted greatly from that treatment and now have all the things you are whining they didn't.
I wasn't alive then so I had nothing to do with it nor did I benefit from anything. Pretty equal ballfield now Commie and I see no need to pay anybody anything....payment has already been made.

It has been put right by passing and enforcing laws that provide everyone with the same rights and opportunities.

Relax, Tommy, you didn't own slaves, you don't have to feel guilty about it anymore.

I believe in equality. When a person works as hard as I do in the same job and achieves the same results, they should be paid equally well. If that person chooses to squander their earnings leading to a lesser outcome than I have, that is where it stops. That is the fallacy of "equity" in a nutshell.
I dont know your age but your father would have had more money spent on his education than black kids.
His skin colour would have opened more doors and given him more opportunities than black kids,
In turn that would have led to a better life and more opportunity for you., or people like you.

I dont know your age but your father would have had more money spent on his education than black kids.
His skin colour would have opened more doors and given him more opportunities than black kids,
In turn that would have led to a better life and more opportunity for you., or people like you.
So what? This is now and everyone has the same opportunities.....just some are too lazy to take advantage of them and whine about reparations.

But that is no longer true so why are you so stuck in the past and so dismissive of the changes mostly white people have made to provide equal rights and opportunities for everyone? Are you just addicted to feelings of hate, anger and guilt?

Forum List

Back