British slave owners’ family to apologise and pay reparations

I dont know your age but your father would have had more money spent on his education than black kids.
His skin colour would have opened more doors and given him more opportunities than black kids,
In turn that would have led to a better life and more opportunity for you., or people like you.

If they were left in bondage in Africa they would have 1.7 million less in lifetime average, than the heirs of those taken from Africa and brought to America.

The heirs of the American slaves, have actually benefited by removal from Africa. Not the other way around Tommy.

Your argument fails on that alone.

I dont know your age but your father would have had more money spent on his education than black kids.
His skin colour would have opened more doors and given him more opportunities than black kids,
In turn that would have led to a better life and more opportunity for you., or people like you.
My father was in the military for his entire career--right alongside black men. Since the Rosa Parks incident, great strides have been made in this country and the idea that black people have been treated any differently systemically in the last sixty years is a non-starter in the US. Not being a resident or citizen of the UK, I don't have the slightest idea how your gov't treats people dependent on their race.

My father was in the military for his entire career--right alongside black men. Since the Rosa Parks incident, great strides have been made in this country and the idea that black people have been treated any differently systemically in the last sixty years is a non-starter in the US. Not being a resident or citizen of the UK, I don't have the slightest idea how your gov't treats people dependent on their race.
Its a bit more subtle than that and you know it.

Forum List

Back