Brits pulling their own teeth under Socialized Medicine

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
"Free" healthcare often means unavailable healthcare as our Limey friends are finding out.

Sure, its all theoretically "free", but if you can't get an appointment without a huge wait, what good is socialized medicine?

But don't worry, your elite in the UK still get prompt service.

"Free" healthcare often means unavailable healthcare as our Limey friends are finding out.

Sure, its all theoretically "free", but if you can't get an appointment without a huge wait, what good is socialized medicine?

71632-30753526-2d86-4309-9ab9-22bcc667a922.jpg

You utter thick lemon :laughing0301:

I read about similar issues in Canada a few years back where they were making the same point that having "free" healthcare doesn't necessarily equate to access to it. I also have a friend who's wife is from France. He was telling me last year she still had to pay out €500 for a root canal she had done, despite their "free" system.

I read about similar issues in Canada a few years back where they were making the same point that having "free" healthcare doesn't necessarily equate to access to it. I also have a friend who's wife is from France. He was telling me last year she still had to pay out €500 for a root canal she had done, despite their "free" system.
Dental care and medical care are different in the UK. If you break your leg etc.. straight to hospital, repaired and out. Dental care is only subsidised by the NHS in private dental practises, so if you can find a dental practice that offers NHS dental care, a proportion of the treatment is paid for by the NHS. I've never had NHS dental care in my life, I've always paid private.

The government offers dental practices a NHS contract, offering £x amount for a certain filling, descaling, crowns etc.. But with changes to system, dentists were being offered very little to the amount of work they did when charging privately creates a better income. So more and practices ditched subsidised dental care.

Then like many sectors, like hospitality, you cannot get staff. The dental system is one such sector that's suffering from staff shortages.

The Brits spend more on dental hygiene products; toothpastes, toothbrushes, floss, mouth etc.. compared to Americans. Americans go for the false white veneers, the Brits just have natural coloured teeth.

Teeth seems to be an American obsession, one of their clichés. Do you guys need false white teeth due to vanity issues?

71632-30753526-2d86-4309-9ab9-22bcc667a922.jpg

And over the decades, some folk do their own dental work for some bizarre reason. Probably spending their money on fags (cigarettes), booze, and iPhones instead.

Forum List

Back