Buddhists burn down Mosque and hand out death sentences

I for one stated right off that Buddhism was not a pacifist religion. I also stated that self defense was encouraged and these links support my claim.
Quite comical to watch you back peddle. ...... :thup: .. :lol: :lol:

Buddhists are no different than Muslims and Christians when they get a little political power and a dusting of nationalism.

PROVE YOUR ASSERTION

It's been proven in what is going on in Myanmar where Buddhists are the majority.

I know you feel that the persecution of every Muslim man, women and child is perfectly justified, so I won't bother giving examples of that, but how about others?

Christians Facing Violent Persecution in Buddhist Sri Lanka
Bhutan, a Buddhist country that persecutes Christians
Religious Persecution In Myanmar Persists Despite Reforms

I'm not concerned with the text of individual religions. As some of their members will distort and pervert their own text to commit violent acts. Christians, Muslims and Buddhists. Not to say all or most, but it happens.

Moslems don't have to distort scripture to commit offensive violence. It's sanctioned.

Anyway, I wasn't referring to Pearl Harbor, that's nothing compared to the crimes Japan committed against the Chinese.

We're talking about religions here. Japan isn't Buddhism.

But since you mentioned WWII, the entire country, majority Buddhist were all in.

You are so full of crap. Buddhism was severely repressed especially during the 30s and 40s. Japanese Nationalism and the State Shinto religion were dominant. Today, only about a third of the country is Buddhist. I don't believe Buddhism ever dominated over Shintoism. Shinto remains the dominant religion today.

In case you can't tell, I really hate the 'my religion is better than yours' debates, they are pointless.

Maybe you're doing this but I'm not. We are discussing differences.

Islamic scripture encourages offensive violence against the unbeliever. Buddhist scripture doesn't.

Buddhists are no different than Muslims and Christians when they get a little political power and a dusting of nationalism.

PROVE YOUR ASSERTION

It's been proven in what is going on in Myanmar where Buddhists are the majority.

No it hasn't. Defending oneself has nothing to do with political power or nationalism. You've proved nothing.

Explain to me how they're defending themselves in those articles I provided.

I'm not concerned with the text of individual religions. As some of their members will distort and pervert their own text to commit violent acts. Christians, Muslims and Buddhists. Not to say all or most, but it happens.

Moslems don't have to distort scripture to commit offensive violence. It's sanctioned.

Neither do Christians.

Anyway, I wasn't referring to Pearl Harbor, that's nothing compared to the crimes Japan committed against the Chinese.

We're talking about religions here. Japan isn't Buddhism.

Japan is mostly Buddhist. And, by the way, its a beautiful country filled with amazement. The amount of forgiveness they have given us for two atomic bombs is a testament to their humanity. That being said, their country has a violent past and there are many Buddhists. Are you saying the Japanese are an especially violent people?

But since you mentioned WWII, the entire country, majority Buddhist were all in.

You are so full of crap. Buddhism was severely repressed especially during the 30s and 40s. Japanese Nationalism and the State Shinto religion were dominant. Today, only about a third of the country is Buddhist. I don't believe Buddhism ever dominated over Shintoism. Shinto remains the dominant religion today.

In case you can't tell, I really hate the 'my religion is better than yours' debates, they are pointless.

Maybe you're doing this but I'm not. We are discussing differences.

Buddhists in Japan supported the war effort. I can't help it if you don't understand that.

The amount of forgiveness they have given us for two atomic bombs is a testament to their humanity. That being said, their country has a violent past and there are many Buddhists. Are you saying the Japanese are an especially violent people?

We don't need their 'forgiveness', screw them and their 'humanity'. The only reason they 'gave up violence' was precisely because we handed them their asses. Check out how they treat their captive labor victims in China and other countries before you try and paint them as somebody we should respect and admire.

The amount of forgiveness they have given us for two atomic bombs is a testament to their humanity. That being said, their country has a violent past and there are many Buddhists. Are you saying the Japanese are an especially violent people?

We don't need their 'forgiveness', screw them and their 'humanity'. The only reason they 'gave up violence' was precisely because we handed them their asses. Check out how they treat their captive labor victims in China and other countries before you try and paint them as somebody we should respect and admire.

Oh, I'm sorry, did I insult the pro-nuke crowd?

No, you insulted people with intelligence and education above that of a peanut.

I believe I insulted a Donald Trump supporter, known for their lack of education.

I believe I insulted a Donald Trump supporter, known for their lack of education.

Yeah right; you're so much smarter ... lol. Tell us again about these wonderful Japanese. Do they like lil snuggly wabbits and puppies, and didn't deserve to be bombed n stuff?

Forum List

Back