Buoght a gun today.

Springfield XD-40 sub-compact.
XD® Sub Compact .40SW | Top Polymer Pistols for Men & Women
Small, Liight, with plenty of capacity and power.

Naturally, since I bought directly from Springfield, I went thru a background check. Took about 2 minutes once I fuilled out the form.

So, I sit here at home, looking thru the manual the mags, the gun, the accessories, the case, the paperwork -- and I simply cannot find the part of the background check that now prevents me from comitting a crime.

Someone please help me out here. :dunno:

Well done.

You've succeeded in contributing to the negative stereotype that those of us who own firearms are extreme and irresponsible.
Your opinion is laughable.

I like carrying a sawed-off double-barrel 10-gauge shotgun with 00 buckshot in my ankle holster. Let's see Obama take that.

Did you get the memo about the secret meeting with Obama and the UN on the plans to start seizing guns an locking up Christians ?

Would universal background checks save any lives...
Still waiting for you to tell me how my background check prevents me from comitting a crime.

It isn't about you, dumbass, since you say you passed a background check. At least you supposedly had one. I'm 67, and you seem much younger (immature). I've been a hunter and gun nut all my life, but I'm ashamed of people like you - whom I consider the greatest threat to our future gun rights.

Would universal background checks save any lives...
Still waiting for you to tell me how my background check prevents me from comitting a crime.
It isn't about you, dumbass, since you say you passed a background check. At least you supposedly had one. I'm 67, and you seem much younger (immature). I've been a hunter and gun nut all my life, but I'm ashamed of people like you - whom I consider the greatest threat to our future gun rights.
Translation:
You know cannot show how background checks prevent people from comitting crime.

Translation:

That is absolutely true - if they commit crimes after successfully passing a background check. Therefore, there is nothing to stop you from going on a crime spree.

According to your logic, all speed limits and law enforcement should be eliminated since they can't catch all speeders - even if they successfully passed the tests to get their driver's license.

Hell, why have any laws and regulations to help protect people.

Naturally, since I bought directly from Springfield, I went thru a background check. Took about 2 minutes once I fuilled out the form.

So, I sit here at home, looking thru the manual the mags, the gun, the accessories, the case, the paperwork -- and I simply cannot find the part of the background check that now prevents me from comitting a crime.

That's a nice carry and conceal weapon. I carry a full size M/P 45. Gets kind of heavy after awhile. That Springfield might be my next weapon. Hope you enjoy it.

Do you feel better now? It's obvious that you felt the need to bond with the OP. Nothing like complimenting ones gun purchase to begin a bromance.

Translation:

That is absolutely true - if they commit crimes after successfully passing a background check. Therefore, there is nothing to stop you from going on a crime spree.
I see. So Backgroud checks do NOT prevent crimes.
You then agree that the feverent call for more background check, in order to prevent crime, will do nothing.
Correct?

According to your logic, all speed limits and law enforcement should be eliminated since they can't catch all speeders - even if they successfully passed the tests to get their driver's license
Incorrect.
You fail to understand that laws exist to punish people after the commit a crime, not prevent them from committing the crime in the first place.
Your failure runs deep...

Translation:

You then agree that the feverent call for more background check, in order to prevent crime, will do nothing.
Correct?

According to your logic, all speed limits and law enforcement should be eliminated since they can't catch all speeders - even if they successfully passed the tests to get their driver's license
Incorrect.
You fail to understand that laws exist to punish people after the commit a crime, not prevent them from committing the crime in the first place.

Christ, how old are you? You really sound like some uneducated little kid. You can't really be that dumb, can you?

A background check that takes two minutes is not a proper background check.
Says she that has no clue whatsoever.

I have a clue, and its your shitty background checks that allow mass shooters to get their hands on dangerous weapons.

Mass shooters are usually either dead or in police custody by the time they're discovered to be mass shooters.

What we need isn't stronger background checks, it's a complete weapons ban, period. No exceptions.

Correct?

Incorrect.
Christ, how old are you? You really sound like some uneducated little kid. You can't really be that dumb, can you?
Funny.. I don't see you telling me how I am wrong - because you know you cannot. To cover for this, you sling insults.

Background checks cannot prevent crime because it is impossible enact a law that prevent people from breaking the law. As such, all of the reactionary cries for more background checks to prevent crimes like Sandyhook, et al, are made from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

As I said -- your failure runs deep - and there's nothing you can do about it.

Please feel free to show me how I am wrong.

Last edited:

I have a clue, and its your shitty background checks that allow mass shooters to get their hands on dangerous weapons.

Mass shooters are usually either dead or in police custody by the time they're discovered to be mass shooters.

What we need isn't stronger background checks, it's a complete weapons ban, period. No exceptions.
So.... what will I write with?
How will I eat my Wheaties?

Gee, since it was so easy, why isn't everyone required to have a background check - as in "Universal Background Checks"? Thanks for proving the point.

BTW, sparky, the background check that you passed only means that you are reasonably sane and have no criminal history - that they can find.

Bought three guns from a friend about 7 months ago. He was hurting for money so I helped him out by buying his guns. No background check and no crimes have been committed. Fancy that!

Gee, since it was so easy, why isn't everyone required to have a background check - as in "Universal Background Checks"? Thanks for proving the point.

BTW, sparky, the background check that you passed only means that you are reasonably sane and have no criminal history - that they can find.

Bought three guns from a friend about 7 months ago. He was hurting for money so I helped him out by buying his guns. No background check and no crimes have been committed. Fancy that!

Yeah, wouldn't it be nice if all private sales worked out that way.

Yeah, wouldn't it be nice if all private sales worked out that way.

The vast majority DO.

Correct?

Incorrect.
Funny.. I don't see you telling me how I am wrong - because you know you cannot. To cover for this, you sling insults.

Background checks cannot prevent crime because it is impossible enact a law that prevent people from breaking the law. As such, all of the reactionary cries for more background checks to prevent crimes like Sandyhook, et al, are made from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.

As I said -- your failure runs deep - and there's nothing you can do about it.

Please feel free to show me how I am wrong.

No one can show someone like you that you are wrong. Jesus himself couldn't do that. You're a true NRA disciple. You make Wayne LaPierre proud.

You bought a girl's gun. :lmao:
:lol:
Its for carry; it hides well under my t-shirt while wearing shorts. My 1911 and .357/44 revolvers are way too big.

What about a J-frame S&W in .38 Special?

Why do you want women to be raped?

Thanks for this thread.
That reminds me - I need to take a gun inventory one of these days.
I have no idea how many I own.

Forum List

Back