Buoght a gun today.

Springfield XD-40 sub-compact.
XD® Sub Compact .40SW | Top Polymer Pistols for Men & Women
Small, Liight, with plenty of capacity and power.

Naturally, since I bought directly from Springfield, I went thru a background check. Took about 2 minutes once I fuilled out the form.

So, I sit here at home, looking thru the manual the mags, the gun, the accessories, the case, the paperwork -- and I simply cannot find the part of the background check that now prevents me from comitting a crime.

Someone please help me out here. :dunno:

Gee, since it was so easy, why isn't everyone required to have a background check - as in "Universal Background Checks"? Thanks for proving the point.

BTW, sparky, the background check that you passed only means that you are reasonably sane and have no criminal history - that they can find.
So... backgtround checks do not prevent people from comitting crimes with guns. Huh.

Why then all the whining and crying about background checks being necessary to prevent things like Sandy Hook, etc?

Naturally, since I bought directly from Springfield, I went thru a background check. Took about 2 minutes once I fuilled out the form.

So, I sit here at home, looking thru the manual the mags, the gun, the accessories, the case, the paperwork -- and I simply cannot find the part of the background check that now prevents me from comitting a crime.

10257451_710247879024092_4924902173368505382_n.jpg

"Background checks are designed to prevent all crime."

This is what Wrongpublicans ACTUALLY believe.
Ok, so... what crime will my background check prevent, and how?

Gee, since it was so easy, why isn't everyone required to have a background check - as in "Universal Background Checks"? Thanks for proving the point.

BTW, sparky, the background check that you passed only means that you are reasonably sane and have no criminal history - that they can find.

It's an invasion of privacy.

not that you care, since you are anti-Constitution.

You bought a girl's gun. :lmao:
:lol:
Its for carry; it hides well under my t-shirt while wearing shorts. My 1911 and .357/44 revolvers are way too big.

Last edited:

A background check that takes two minutes is not a proper background check.

Says she that has no clue whatsoever.

That's a nice carry and conceal weapon. I carry a full size M/P 45. Gets kind of heavy after awhile. That Springfield might be my next weapon. Hope you enjoy it.

That's a nice carry and conceal weapon. I carry a full size M/P 45. Gets kind of heavy after awhile. That Springfield might be my next weapon. Hope you enjoy it.
Thanks! Yeah, i tried several full-size guns; unless wearing a coat or something, they just didn't work.

Says she that has no clue whatsoever.

I have a clue, and its your shitty background checks that allow mass shooters to get their hands on dangerous weapons.

Well done.

You've succeeded in contributing to the negative stereotype that those of us who own firearms are extreme and irresponsible.

Pity you couldn't have simply posted about your new firearm acquisition and left it at that, instead you decided to further undermine the rights enshrined in the Second Amendment.

Forum List

Back