Bush and Officials Lied leading up to Iraq war

I am not wrong, It does not matter how much doubt OTHERS see, it only matters that the person that makes a statement believes.

I’ll try to explain the fallacy in this as easily as I can:

If I see a weather report and I am told that it will not rain tomorrow, I may agree and conclude that (1.) I have not doubt and (2.) there is no doubt.

If I see a second weather report given by someone else and I am told that it will rain tomorrow, I may then disagree with the second person. I can still maintain that (1.) I have no doubt (2.) but I can no longer claim that there is no doubt.

This is because I learned that the second weather man does have doubts. There is a difference between saying that I have no doubt and saying that there is no doubt. In the first instance, you are speaking for yourself. In the second instance you practically claim that no one anywhere has presented you with a different opinion.

It is as simple as that.

I’ll try to explain the fallacy in this as easily as I can:

If I see a weather report and I am told that it will not rain tomorrow, I may agree and conclude that (1.) I have not doubt and (2.) there is no doubt.

If I see a second weather report given by someone else and I am told that it will rain tomorrow, I may then disagree with the second person. I can still maintain that (1.) I have no doubt (2.) but I can no longer claim that there is no doubt.

This is because I learned that the second weather man does have doubts. There is a difference between saying that I have no doubt and saying that there is no doubt. In the first instance, you are speaking for yourself. In the second instance you practically claim that no one anywhere has presented you with a different opinion.

It is as simple as that.

Kind of like when Al Gore claims there is not doubt that global warming is anthropogenic.

It does not matter how much doubt OTHERS see

That is the key!!! It does matter what other people think - and say. If someone disagrees with you and tells you so, then you can’t cay that there is no doubt. You can only say that you disagree with him and that you still have no doubt.

Exactly! Bingo! Al might have no doubt but I'm confident that he has been told that doubt exists in other people. :idea:

I agree.

I think most of the Bush-lied crowd would not support the conclusion that Gore lies about global warming, but it looks you are consistent in your definition.

I agree.

I think most of the Bush-lied crowd would not support the conclusion that Gore lies about global warming, but it looks you are consistent in your definition.

Thanks. I try to be intellectually honest and consistent. I don’t follow any particular party.

I wonder if a former politician like Gore, whose "lie" has yet to kill a single human being, should by put on par with a standing president, whose lie clearly carried lethal consequences.

That is the key!!! It does matter what other people think - and say. If someone disagrees with you and tells you so, then you can’t cay that there is no doubt. You can only say that you disagree with him and that you still have no doubt.

thasnk you Matts for effectively shutting up RGS while I was at church!

well done.

You are welcome. It was not too difficult. ;)

As for you two, Because I chose to not be present on the board 24 hours a day to instantly respond to what ever you post does not equate to you shut me up, you proved me wrong or any of the other claims you make. In fact such trite claims are the refuge of losers that know they have no chance of winning EXCEPT to play these little games in the hope they get in the last word.

I think the brand of "liar" that Gore either is or isn't depending ON PROOF............SHOULD ACTUALLY DETERMINE HIS CRITIQUE!!!!!!!!!:eusa_whistle:

About the certainty of manmade caused global warming? yes

so...will you NOW finally admit that Bush lied about the certainty of Saddam's WMD's?

No. But thanks for admitting Gore is a liar.

You have taken his statements and blown them out of proportion in order to conduct a political partisan witch hunt. You are playing semantic games and can not even be honest about them.

It really is simple, you insist that Clinton did not commit perjury because no Judge convicted him. Yet Bush lied to Congress numerous times to you, openly, easily proven, yet no impeachment. You can not even play fair in your claims. If Clinton did not do what he CLEARLY did, even admitted to doing because of semantics on your part, why should anyone believe your gymnastics semantics in the witch hunt to accuse Bush?

No. But thanks for admitting Gore is a liar.

You have taken his statements and blown them out of proportion in order to conduct a political partisan witch hunt. You are playing semantic games and can not even be honest about them.

It really is simple, you insist that Clinton did not commit perjury because no Judge convicted him. Yet Bush lied to Congress numerous times to you, openly, easily proven, yet no impeachment. You can not even play fair in your claims. If Clinton did not do what he CLEARLY did, even admitted to doing because of semantics on your part, why should anyone believe your gymnastics semantics in the witch hunt to accuse Bush?

then I take it back...if you can't admit that Bush lied by stating certainty about Saddam's WMD's, then clearly Gore did not similarly lie about the certainty of global warming.

Clinton lied. I have never denied it. I only said that he was not guilty of perjury.

You, on the the other hand, have your nose so far up Bush's ass, you can't admit he did ANYTHING wrong.

As for you two, Because I chose to not be present on the board 24 hours a day to instantly respond to what ever you post does not equate to you shut me up, you proved me wrong or any of the other claims you make. In fact such trite claims are the refuge of losers that know they have no chance of winning EXCEPT to play these little games in the hope they get in the last word.

Please try being logical more often. I know that your being away from the computer proves noting. It, by itself, does not prove that I proved you wrong or right. Still, I think that you should “wake up” and accept the facts. I am far from being a loser. I have proven you to be logically and factually wrong on different occasions.

then I take it back...if you can't admit that Bush lied by stating certainty about Saddam's WMD's, then clearly Gore did not similarly lie about the certainty of global warming.

Clinton lied. I have never denied it. I only said that he was not guilty of perjury.

You, on the the other hand, have your nose so far up Bush's ass, you can't admit he did ANYTHING wrong.

He just jumps all over the board, doesn’t he – mixing up perjury with telling lies. Confusing “I have no doubt” with “there is no doubt”? Oh well. Same old same old. :rolleyes:

So you agree there is no real proof Bush lied, thank you.

Forum List

Back