Bush calls for unity in a crisis......Trump makes it about him

Obviously I meant the overwhelming number of people in the country thought he was guilty, not the overwhelming majority on the jury.

You mean the people who heard the evidence every day for months? Those people?

There was very, very little evidence against Trump, which is why there was such a partisan divide. Only those with TDS, and this includes RINO Romney, thought there was enough there to convict. Even if there would have been a clear quid pro quo, it wouldn't have mattered in a legal sense, so the entire thing was nothing more than a propaganda tool.

Oh, please. The Senate refused to hear witnesses because they KNEW he was guilty. They just wanted it to go away. At least the OJ Jury had the decency to hear witnesses.

The Senate refused to hear witnesses

The House left some witnesses unheard?
Yes they did. Quite a few witnesses went unheard.
Trump refused to allow them to testify

If only the Dems had subpoenaed them......….
Then we'd still be waiting. That was Impeached Trump's plan ... stall until the election when it would be moot to impeach him.

It wasn't moot already?
The House had two options ... wait out the subpoenas in court, which would have dragged on beyond the election, rendering impeachment moot.

Or proceed with the impeachment without those witnesses.

Either way, he would have avoided conviction, so the House went down the only viable road ahead of them -- impeach.

The House had two options ... wait out the subpoenas in court, which would have dragged on beyond the election, rendering impeachment moot.

Why do you feel a January 2021 impeachment would be more moot than a December 2018 one?

Obviously I meant the overwhelming number of people in the country thought he was guilty, not the overwhelming majority on the jury.

There was very, very little evidence against Trump, which is why there was such a partisan divide. Only those with TDS, and this includes RINO Romney, thought there was enough there to convict. Even if there would have been a clear quid pro quo, it wouldn't have mattered in a legal sense, so the entire thing was nothing more than a propaganda tool.

Oh, please. The Senate refused to hear witnesses because they KNEW he was guilty. They just wanted it to go away. At least the OJ Jury had the decency to hear witnesses.

Then we'd still be waiting. That was Impeached Trump's plan ... stall until the election when it would be moot to impeach him.

It wasn't moot already?

Either way, he would have avoided conviction, so the House went down the only viable road ahead of them -- impeach.

Why do you feel a January 2021 impeachment would be more moot than a December 2018 one?
That assumes the courts would have resolved the issue of enforcing subpoenas by then. It could have taken much longer.

It also assumes Impeached Trump would win his re-election. Seems pretty moot to impeach a president who thd people just elected a few months earlier.

It wasn't moot already?

That assumes the courts would have resolved the issue of enforcing subpoenas by then. It could have taken much longer.

It also assumes Impeached Trump would win his re-election. Seems pretty moot to impeach a president who thd people just elected a few months earlier.

It could have taken until 2032.
Would a January 2021 impeachment be more moot than a December 2018 one?

Seems pretty moot to impeach a president who thd people just elected a few months earlier.

Dems have been trying since a few months after he was elected.

It wasn't moot already?

It could have taken until 2032.
Would a January 2021 impeachment be more moot than a December 2018 one?

Seems pretty moot to impeach a president who thd people just elected a few months earlier.

Dems have been trying since a few months after he was elected.
Well, no, they didn't actually impeach him until he broke the law by soliciting a foreign national to interfere with the election. Whatever some Democrats discussed prior to that is meaningless. There were some Republicans that wanted Obama impeached. That was equally as meaningless.

It wasn't moot already?

Either way the impeachment was moot. Interesting and it was 100% partisan. Not how impeachment should be.
So? All our impeached presidents were impeached by partisans. Impeached Trump is now among them forever.
When did I say "all"

Impeachment has lost its meaning just like the baseball HOF lost its when they started putting slightly above average players into it. Babe Ruth meet Harold Baines...
Dumbfuck, I didn't say you said "all." :eusa_doh:

I said "all."
You implied I said it and it took two posts to trigger you into vulgarity. Yay for me. My day's work is complete.
I implied no such thing. Your idiocy is not my problem.

You pointed out how his impeachment was 100% partisan. I (not you), pointed out all impeached presidents were impeached by partisans. In no way does that imply you said "all."
If that were true then Nixon would not have been convicted. I was not alive then but show a link that only Democrats voted to impeach Nixon.
LOLOL

This is why I call you a dumbfuck.

Dumbfuck, Nixon wasn't convicted. Nixon wasn't even impeached.

Which is why I very cleverly said, "impeached presidents." I clearly wasn't talking about Nixon. Well... clearly to anyone with a functioning brain.

face-palm-gif.278959
The House judiciary committee then approved articles of impeachment against Nixon for obstruction of justice, abuse of power, and contempt of Congress. With his complicity in the cover-up made public and his political support completely eroded, Nixon resigned from office on August 9, 1974.

I don't have time for semantics. Go play with yourself. His political party support completely eroded. Dumbass. Was that true for Trump? No. You're old.
Holyfuckingshit, are you ever retarded. :ack-1:

It's not semantics, ya dumbass, it's history and reality. Nixon wasn't convicted or impeached. And I didn't include him among the ones who were.

Read it again for clarity....

So? All our impeached presidents were impeached by partisans. Impeached Trump is now among them forever.
You’re old. Not sure what part of my posts went over your empty head.
The part where you can be so stupid to not know Nixon was not impeached. :cuckoo:
Semantics. You know it and I know it. Don’t play coy.
LOLOLOL

It's not semantics, ya moron. :eusa_doh:

Either Nixon was impeached or he wasn't.

He wasn't.
So life is black and white? OK
You’re an odd person.
LOLOL

Now you're spitting out non-sequiturs. No, life is not b&w nor does that have anything to do with you being an idiot who didn't know Nixon wasn't impeached.
The House judiciary committee then approved articles of impeachment against Nixon for obstruction of justice, abuse of power, and contempt of Congress. With his complicity in the cover-up made public and his political support completely eroded, Nixon resigned from office on August 9, 1974.

It wasn't moot already?

Either way the impeachment was moot. Interesting and it was 100% partisan. Not how impeachment should be.
When did I say "all"

Impeachment has lost its meaning just like the baseball HOF lost its when they started putting slightly above average players into it. Babe Ruth meet Harold Baines...

I said "all."
You implied I said it and it took two posts to trigger you into vulgarity. Yay for me. My day's work is complete.

You pointed out how his impeachment was 100% partisan. I (not you), pointed out all impeached presidents were impeached by partisans. In no way does that imply you said "all."
If that were true then Nixon would not have been convicted. I was not alive then but show a link that only Democrats voted to impeach Nixon.
LOLOL

Which is why I very cleverly said, "impeached presidents." I clearly wasn't talking about Nixon. Well... clearly to anyone with a functioning brain.

face-palm-gif.278959

I don't have time for semantics. Go play with yourself. His political party support completely eroded. Dumbass. Was that true for Trump? No. You're old.

It's not semantics, ya dumbass, it's history and reality. Nixon wasn't convicted or impeached. And I didn't include him among the ones who were.

The part where you can be so stupid to not know Nixon was not impeached. :cuckoo:
LOLOLOL

He wasn't.
So life is black and white? OK
You’re an odd person.
LOLOL

Now you're spitting out non-sequiturs. No, life is not b&w nor does that have anything to do with you being an idiot who didn't know Nixon wasn't impeached.
Congratulations! You finally did some homework and educated yourself. Good for you. :itsok:

It wasn't moot already?

When did I say "all"

I said "all."

LOLOL

face-palm-gif.278959

LOLOLOL

He wasn't.
Trump is the best president name Donald
Trump is the best president with a wife named Melania
Trump is the best president who had a reality show
Trump is the best president who owned a USFL team.

Should I go on?
I've sent the men in white jackets for you azog No computers allowed

Fine or find? Your conflation is stupid again. At least you're consistent. Jury verdicts have to unanimous. Here it was split....sorry Joe. If you hate Trump so much then vote him out. I agree the response was poor as he should have opened the country after 30 days and not relied on inept Governors. Recession is due to China.

YOu aren't very bright, are you? People don't care whose fault it is when we go into a recession. It wasn't Jimmy Carter's fault that the Second Oil Shock caused a recession. It wasn't George H. Bush's fault that the S&L Crash caused a recession. THEY STILL VOTED THOSE GUYS OUT ANYWAY.

The problem here is that elections are if you don't like the guy's policies or results. Impeachment is supposed to be the remedy if the president BREAKS THE LAW, which is what Trump did here. The problem is, it's an imperfect remedy, as we saw with Clinton, Nixon and Johnson. It requires political findings, not legal ones.

Nixon was never impeached. It was never even voted on by the full house.

Nixon resigned because it looked like he might be impeached, and Republican Congressmen strong-armed him into resigning.

Fine or find? Your conflation is stupid again. At least you're consistent. Jury verdicts have to unanimous. Here it was split....sorry Joe. If you hate Trump so much then vote him out. I agree the response was poor as he should have opened the country after 30 days and not relied on inept Governors. Recession is due to China.

YOu aren't very bright, are you? People don't care whose fault it is when we go into a recession. It wasn't Jimmy Carter's fault that the Second Oil Shock caused a recession. It wasn't George H. Bush's fault that the S&L Crash caused a recession. THEY STILL VOTED THOSE GUYS OUT ANYWAY.

The problem here is that elections are if you don't like the guy's policies or results. Impeachment is supposed to be the remedy if the president BREAKS THE LAW, which is what Trump did here. The problem is, it's an imperfect remedy, as we saw with Clinton, Nixon and Johnson. It requires political findings, not legal ones.
You in a prior post said that 90% of the votes are counted for and the candidates are fighting for the final 10% in swing states. I was born in October 1980. Don’t care about Carter. Bush Sr. Lost because Perot took a good portion of his votes from what I read. Impeachment was 100% politically motivated.

Nixon was never impeached. It was never even voted on by the full house.

Nixon resigned because it looked like he might be impeached, and Republican Congressmen strong-armed him into resigning.
So his own party turned on him. True or False?

You in a prior post said that 90% of the votes are counted for and the candidates are fighting for the final 10% in swing states. I was born in October 1980. Don’t care about Carter. Bush Sr. Lost because Perot took a good portion of his votes from what I read. Impeachment was 100% politically motivated.

You keep telling yourself that, but one thing. Americans are selfish, petty people. They might not vote Trump out for putting kids in cages, but they will vote him out for a shitty economy.

It won't get any shittier than this.

Wasn't the argument you made. You made the argument that he was convicted.

The thing is, the Fix was in. Nixon resigned ONLY because a pardon was in the works. He was more worried about going to jail than he was getting removed.
LOL

Well that's why that loser tried to change his argument when his original argument blew up in his face.

The thing is, the Fix was in. Nixon resigned ONLY because a pardon was in the works. He was more worried about going to jail than he was getting removed.
LOL

Well that's why that loser tried to change his argument when his original argument blew up in his face.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

LOL

:lmao:

LOL

:lmao:
:springbed:

Please remind us what do you get for conspiring to overturn the duly elected president?

The satisfaction of making all the racists like you sad.

Of course, he wasn't duly elected, the people said no and the Russians gamed our system. But never mind.

You would have satisfaction, if you succeeded. But you haven't, Who's really sad there?

In our constitutional republic, when you win 306 electoral votes, you are duly elected president. Of course, you know that, but you chose to...

View attachment 332221
Here ya go, fixed that for ya ...

1572722945119s.png

government doesn't do big things anymore. it doesn't even try

the lack of national unity and the lack of a functioning government go hand in hand, my friends

Please remind us what do you get for conspiring to overturn the duly elected president?

The satisfaction of making all the racists like you sad.

Of course, he wasn't duly elected, the people said no and the Russians gamed our system. But never mind.

You would have satisfaction, if you succeeded. But you haven't, Who's really sad there?

In our constitutional republic, when you win 306 electoral votes, you are duly elected president. Of course, you know that, but you chose to...

View attachment 332221
^^^ this is the epitome of dropping the ball before reaching the goal line.

ppsXRDm.gif

tenor.gif

Forum List

Back