Bush Warned Obama About VA

it's sad watching pathetic left-wing nutjobs still lean on Bush for excuses for obama's failures

what happened at the VA under Bush is irrelevant
why?
because HE LEFT OFFICE YEARS AGO

and when he did he gave a heads up to obama about problems at the VA.

this isnt up for debate; it's a fact

obama failed to address the problems; and people in the VA; an agency who's boss; like every other department or agency; falls under the authority of the President and Commander in Chief; engaged in a COVER-UP to hide the appalling wait times

libs are losers who lie to themselves

It is far worse than that.

Some very powerful people are talking Murder Charges.

This could take down the Administration. You heard it from me first. This is beyond serious, people. And those of you that don't get it? You are too stupid to live.

A fatal wait: Veterans languish and die on a VA hospital's secret list - CNN.com

At least 40 U.S. veterans died waiting for appointments at the Phoenix Veterans Affairs Health Care system, many of whom were placed on a secret waiting list.

The secret list was part of an elaborate scheme designed by Veterans Affairs managers in Phoenix who were trying to hide that 1,400 to 1,600 sick veterans were forced to wait months to see a doctor, according to a recently retired top VA doctor and several high-level sources.

For six months, CNN has been reporting on extended delays in health care appointments suffered by veterans across the country and who died while waiting for appointments and care. But the new revelations about the Phoenix VA are perhaps the most disturbing and striking to come to light thus far.

Internal e-mails obtained by CNN show that top management at the VA hospital in Arizona knew about the practice and even defended it.

Dr. Sam Foote just retired after spending 24 years with the VA system in Phoenix. The veteran doctor told CNN in an exclusive interview that the Phoenix VA works off two lists for patient appointments:

There's an "official" list that's shared with officials in Washington and shows the VA has been providing timely appointments, which Foote calls a sham list. And then there's the real list that's hidden from outsiders, where wait times can last more than a year.

Deliberate scheme, shredded evidence
"The scheme was deliberately put in place to avoid the VA's own internal rules," said Foote in Phoenix. "They developed the secret waiting list," said Foote, a respected local physician.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2010, for example, VA Secretary Eric Shinseki told the House Veterans' Affairs Committee that claim time had improved the previous year, dropping from 179 days to 161 days.

Period.

The disability-processing time is closely watched by Congress and veterans' advocates as a measure of VA efficiency. In fiscal 2012, the average days to complete a VA disability compensation or pension claim rose to 262 days, up from 188 days in fiscal 2011, according to a recently completely VA performance report.The 262-day average is the highest that measure has been in at least the past 20 years for which numbers were available.The VA's long-term goal is to get the processing time to an average of 90 days...

VA Claims-Processing Delays Hit 20-Year High | Military.com

Shinseki was booted out of The United States Army. You all knew that, right?

really?.....i cant find that,everything i see says he retired after 38 years....what was the boot for?....

Apparently facts are optional.

Thanks for all your acknowledgements and concessions to my previous point about stupid the claim is that Obama is the one who did this.

My additional opinion:

This underscores how stupid it is to lie us into an unjustified war. This is all under the foreseeable costs of war.

It pisses me off that Obama didn't fix this problem like he said he was going to in his campaign speeches. It also pisses me off that Bush didn't fix these problems. Going further back I'm pissed that Vietnam vets had the same problems under Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon.

If you are going to conduct a war, then you have a moral obligation to take care of those who sacrifice so much to fight that war for you.

No excuses. We should get this fixed yesterday!

Well, I'm glad that you care so awful much about us Veterans. :eusa_hand:

But what needs to be done is start throwing these people in Prison.

Running secret lists, keeping wait times from their higher ups so they could get bonuses, shredding evidence, lying, Veterans dying....

I'm talking prison.

Otherwise, it's just another cover-up.

Thanks for all your acknowledgements and concessions to my previous point about stupid the claim is that Obama is the one who did this.

My additional opinion:

This underscores how stupid it is to lie us into an unjustified war. This is all under the foreseeable costs of war.

It pisses me off that Obama didn't fix this problem like he said he was going to in his campaign speeches. It also pisses me off that Bush didn't fix these problems. Going further back I'm pissed that Vietnam vets had the same problems under Kennedy, Johnson, and Nixon.

If you are going to conduct a war, then you have a moral obligation to take care of those who sacrifice so much to fight that war for you.

Running secret lists, keeping wait times from their higher ups so they could get bonuses, shredding evidence, lying, Veterans dying....

I'm talking prison.

And you would advocate that for previous administrations as well?

I certainly hope so.

Shinseki was booted out of The United States Army. You all knew that, right?

really?.....i cant find that,everything i see says he retired after 38 years....what was the boot for?....

Apparently facts are optional.

No. Apparently you don't have the capacity to figure things out for yourself.

You're just stupid. I'm not saying that to be mean, to try to win an argument or to otherwise put you down.

You really are a stupid bitch

Forced out for Iraq predictions, retired general chosen for VA post - The Boston Globe

My additional opinion:

I'm talking prison.

I certainly hope so.

why leftard? the Bush administration made obama aware of the practice before he took office. it was obama that allowed it to go on for 6 years

i love the way you delude yourself into thinking you are objective; when in fact you're clearly a left-wing partisan hack

My additional opinion:

I'm talking prison.

I certainly hope so.

I am NOT Partisan.

I just hate, despise and detest dimocraps with every fiber of my being.

Don't like Republicans all that much either.

dimcraps? The scum of the earth.

Period

I'm talking prison.

I certainly hope so.

I am NOT Partisan.

Period

So you didn't answer the question.

I certainly hope so.

I am NOT Partisan.

Period

So you didn't answer the question.

Intuitiveness is not your strong suit, is it?

Yes. Absolutely, positively.

In fact, I'd be more inclined to demand it under a Republican Administration. I expect more from them.

dimocraps? They're just the scum they've always been. What else can one expect from them?

Even when it's not their fault, even if it's just the Bureaucracy, dimocraps still try to weasel out of the responsibility of doing something for fear of some of the shit flying and sticking to them.

Republicans? A little better. At least they love America and Americans. They're still thieves and liars, but they love the Country and the people in it.

dimocraps are just the scum of the Earth. They love nothing. Except themselves. They're diseased, power-mad, totalitarian, back-stabbing, corrupt, dishonest scum.

I ran out of adjectives

You're such a partisan hack. People have correctly put the blame on both Bush and Obama, but you just keep pushing on in your typical partisan hack denial mode ignoring the Bush mistakes and focusing only on Obama. Not to say I'm surprised.

Here, you two stupid fucks.....

We've known all along that the VA was filled with incompetents.

We've known all along that Veterans were dying for lack of care.

We've known all along that 85,000 Vets are on waiting lists for care.

We've known all along that 18 Veterans commit suicide every day.

Did you stupid fucks know that, under the Lying Cocksucker's regime a Federal Appeals court ruled that

Judge orders VA to reform mental health care, cites 'unchecked incompetence' - Nextgov.com

Of course you didn't. Because you're stupid. And because you get your news from Comedy Central and pMSNBC.

We've know for years.... Decades, that VA Hospitals are rife with Staph, AIDS, bed-bugs and mismanagement on a galactic scale.

But what we DIDN'T know was the CRIMINAL ACTS of keeping SECRET LISTS and hiding the DEATHS of Veterans waiting for treatment.

We're talking MURDER CHARGES HERE, you stupid motherfuckers.

We didn't know any of that.

Sure we passed along the usual bullshit about the incompetence, the mismanagement, etc.

But what you two IMBECILES are missing is this......

the LYING COCKSUCKER IN CHIEF said he didn't know about any problems at the VA.

THAT is what we're getting at. You stupid bitches.

NOT that there weren't any problems before the Lying Cocksucker in Chief took over, but that he is a LYING COCKSUCKER for saying that he wasn't aware of any problems when he was BRIEFED by the outgoing Bush people.

THAT is what we're getting at.

That, and the fact that you two are some stupid fucking bitches. I mean, cretins, stupid as fuck, ignorant, drooling, dangerous-to-yourselves-and-others -- STUPID.

FUCK but dimocraps are some stupid shits

I'm not a democrat but thank you for confirming how idiotic Rabbi's claim that Bush solved the problems and Obama is the ONLY president who has failed on this issue is.

You are truly stupid, pathetically so. You cant read to save your life.
Im posting this only to repost what Edge wrote, which is like the strong light of day in the pit of an outhouse.

Bush Administration were the adults. Obama Administration were the amateurs. Evidence the Obama Administration knew about problems back in 2008 but did nothing. And of course the mainstream news sources aren't reporting that. Can't sayi anything good about Bush, ya know.

ABC, NBC Ignore Report Showing Obama Administration Knew About Ongoing VA Problems | NewsBusters
Documents obtained by the Washington Times revealed that the Bush Administration warned the Obama Administration about problems within the Veterans Administration as early as 2008, yet both the ABC and NBC evening news broadcasts ignored the story on Monday, May 19.

Of the big three networks, only the CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley covered the new revelations in the VA scandal. CBS News host Scott Pelley noted that “The Bush White House was so concerned about this back in 2008 that it warned the incoming Obama Administration.”
Read more: ABC, NBC Ignore Report Showing Obama Administration Knew About Ongoing VA Problems | NewsBusters

He already KNEW about the problems...

Obama held assignments on the Senate Committees for Foreign Relations, Environment and Public Works and Veterans' Affairs through December 2006.[91] In January 2007, he left the Environment and Public Works committee and took additional assignments with Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions and Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.[92] He also became Chairman of the Senate's subcommittee on European Affairs

Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here, you two stupid fucks.....

We've known all along that the VA was filled with incompetents.

We've known all along that Veterans were dying for lack of care.

We've known all along that 85,000 Vets are on waiting lists for care.

We've known all along that 18 Veterans commit suicide every day.

Did you stupid fucks know that, under the Lying Cocksucker's regime a Federal Appeals court ruled that

Judge orders VA to reform mental health care, cites 'unchecked incompetence' - Nextgov.com

Of course you didn't. Because you're stupid. And because you get your news from Comedy Central and pMSNBC.

We've know for years.... Decades, that VA Hospitals are rife with Staph, AIDS, bed-bugs and mismanagement on a galactic scale.

But what we DIDN'T know was the CRIMINAL ACTS of keeping SECRET LISTS and hiding the DEATHS of Veterans waiting for treatment.

We're talking MURDER CHARGES HERE, you stupid motherfuckers.

We didn't know any of that.

Sure we passed along the usual bullshit about the incompetence, the mismanagement, etc.

But what you two IMBECILES are missing is this......

the LYING COCKSUCKER IN CHIEF said he didn't know about any problems at the VA.

THAT is what we're getting at. You stupid bitches.

NOT that there weren't any problems before the Lying Cocksucker in Chief took over, but that he is a LYING COCKSUCKER for saying that he wasn't aware of any problems when he was BRIEFED by the outgoing Bush people.

THAT is what we're getting at.

That, and the fact that you two are some stupid fucking bitches. I mean, cretins, stupid as fuck, ignorant, drooling, dangerous-to-yourselves-and-others -- STUPID.

FUCK but dimocraps are some stupid shits

I'm not a democrat but thank you for confirming how idiotic Rabbi's claim that Bush solved the problems and Obama is the ONLY president who has failed on this issue is.

Bush solved the problem at Walter Reed. Period. No fucking around, he kicked ass and took names.

And I can tell you from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE that the VA Changed like night and day when George Walker Bush, President of The United States of America took over from the serial rapist, Clinton.

Night and Day.

If you know any Veterans, they'll tell you the same thing. Huge difference.

Before then, the VA was like, "Fuck you. Die, we don't care. But please do it somewhere else."

I'm not accusing the Liar in Chief of doing anything to 'harm' the VA, I'm accusing him of what I always accuse him of -- Being a lying fuck.

And a coward who won't confront problems.

Leaders see a problem, take it on and kick its ass.

Cowards hide. They claim not to know. They claim it isn't their fault or their responsibility.

the Liar in Chief is a coward.
no he did't. let me guess? you put drano in your coffee each morning.

Bush 41 tried his best to end that.

I am a Priority 1 Disabled Veteran. Believe me when I tell you, I know what I'm talking about through PERSONAL experience not through the filters of someone else's eyes who may have political view.

When Bush became POTUS, the VA changed almost overnight.

I don't see where the Liar in Chief has done anything DIRECTLY to harm the VA or Veterans but his act is getting old. Really old.

His, "I'm mad as hell" bullshit and, "I just found out about it in the Morning Paper" schtick is getting really tiresome.

In fact, it is so disingenuous as to cause people to believe that he doesn't care.... Not interested.

Maybe if he'd have Cabinet Meetings once in a while (he doesn't, didja know that?) he could find these things out.

The man is the worst president in history. By a LONG shot. By a Big Margin.

If I were President, I would fire Shinseki on the spot and order Eric Himmler to open a Criminal Investigation immediately. I would take no prisoners.

But I'm not, and I never will be. So thieves, liars, scum, criminals, IOW; dimocraps, throughout the Country needn't worry.

Men and Women who offered up their lives for this Country, without reservation, for SHIT pay and lousy living conditions, and these motherfucking bureaucrats are playing numbers games to hide their incompetence?

I'd do worse than fire Shinseki. I think I'd have him perp-walked in chains from his Office

i can only go by what the Vets who worked in the PO were telling me about how they are treated and we had them from Vietnam all the way up to Afghanistan.....the kids coming back from Afghanistan said they were having problems too.....but then to be fair.....there were some that said they were getting what they needed....but most seemed to be critical....

Thanks to the ACA...... We're all Veterans now

you need a new tampon huh? Poor fella..

Bush solved the problem at Walter Reed. Period. No fucking around, he kicked ass and took names.

And I can tell you from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE that the VA Changed like night and day when George Walker Bush, President of The United States of America took over from the serial rapist, Clinton.

Night and Day.

Before then, the VA was like, "Fuck you. Die, we don't care. But please do it somewhere else."

I'm not accusing the Liar in Chief of doing anything to 'harm' the VA, I'm accusing him of what I always accuse him of -- Being a lying fuck.

Cowards hide. They claim not to know. They claim it isn't their fault or their responsibility.

Link?

Night and Day.

Link?

well logically if this was an ongoing problem that bush needed to warn Obama on, then he didnt solve the issue now did he?

go ahead...spew your partisanship..

Bush started fucking over the VA in 2001.

Article: Bush VA Appointees Diverted Healthcare Funds for Illegal Studies | OpEdNews

One of the maxims of the Bush administration is: Never let the law get in your way. The political appointees who run the Department of Veterans ' Affairs (VA) certainly know how to play by those rules.

Between 2001 and 2004 the VA illegally diverted funds earmarked for veterans ' healthcare to pay for studies on outsourcing jobs at VA facilities and to fund other studies on closing VA hospitals. The report detailing the VA 's misdeeds was released last week by the Government Accountability Office (GAO). (The full GAO report is available here -- http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d06124r.pdf)

The VA officially denies any wrongdoing. VA Secretary Jim Nicholson argued, "Congress clearly did not intend to preclude all manner of cost analysis necessary for the day-to-day administration of our health-care system ... " However, Congress did pass legislation in 1981 that prohibits the diversion of funds appropriated to VA medical care accounts for studies on the cost of keeping work in-house versus that of contracting it out.

During the time VA officials were misappropriating funds they were working with Republicans in Congress to try to change the 1981 law that they were breaking. Senator Larry Craig (R-ID), Chairman of the Senate Committee on Veterans ' Affairs, introduced legislation (S. 1182 Sec 7) to do away with the prohibition and allow the VA to spend healthcare funds on outsourcing studies.

Also during this time the VA asked Congress for funds to conduct outsourcing studies. The amounts ranged from $16 million to $50 million. The VA was turned down every time. Since the VA couldn 't get the funds, they just broke the law.

snip/

The VA was also caught with its hand in the healthcare till on another group of studies, these done for the Capital Assessment Realignment for Enhanced Services (CARES) Commission. CARES was set up to study how many VA hospitals should be closed. The CARES report was issued late last year and recommended the closing of a number of VA facilities. Again, the VA did not track the amount of money taken from the healthcare budget to pay for the CARES reports.

What does all this mean?

What we are seeing is an intensive effort to privatize the VA led by the political appointees who run the agency. A large, publicly-funded healthcare system that performs well runs contrary to the Bush administration 's philosophy.

snip/

The illegal studies for the CARES Commission are another example of a giant step toward privatization of the VA. CARES recommended closing a number of VA hospitals and building smaller clinics surrounding the soon-to-be-closed hospitals.

There would be no problem closing VA hospitals. But, there are no funds in the VA budget to build the clinics. And, there are no funds to staff the clinics.
But, what if the VA closed their hospitals and built empty clinics? What would be the easiest way to staff those clinics? Put the services out to contract and have the clinics taken over by private-sector providers.

Currently, most VA hospitals are operating under a hiring freeze because they do not have the funds to hire the doctors, nurses and technicians needed to provide necessary healthcare to veterans.

There's plenty of blame to go around, in connection with problems at the VA.

Much blame.

Laid at the feet of Democrats.

Laid at the feet of Republicans.

Laid at the feet of the American People, for letting the phukktards on both sides of the aisle do this to our veterans.

Bullshit!

Bush formed a commission to "study" the problem and make recommendations. They fired the guy in charge who was only there 6 months. Big fucking deal!

Last edited:
There's plenty of blame to go around, in connection with problems at the VA.

Much blame.

Laid at the feet of Democrats.

Laid at the feet of Republicans.

Laid at the feet of the American People, for letting the phukktards on both sides of the aisle do this to our veterans.

Indeed. Veterans deserve much better than what they are getting. Broken promises and in some cases death...NEVER screw with Veterans.

I'd love to see/organize a march of Vets to the District Of Criminals and let these bunch of political hack/thieves know of our distain.

Forum List

Back