🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bush Warned Obama About VA

Pentagon Health Plan Won’t Cover Brain-Damage Therapy for Troops

Tricare, however, would not pay for cognitive rehabilitation at a nearby civilian program. Wade, who once worked as an intern on Capitol Hill, turned herself into a one-woman lobbyist on her husband's behalf. She called her representatives and met with senior VA and DOD officials. She testified before Congress, met President George W. Bush and Gates, and was recently invited to the White House by President Barack Obama for a bill signing ceremony.

Cognitive therapy is exactly what I was trying to get for these guys.

Walter Reed under Bush....

A Bleak Life in Building 18

"Building 18! There is a rodent infestation issue!" bellowed the commander to his troops one morning at formation. "It doesn't help when you live like a rodent! I can't believe people live like that! I was appalled by some of your rooms!"

Life in Building 18 is the bleakest homecoming for men and women whose government promised them good care in return for their sacrifices.

One case manager was so disgusted, she bought roach bombs for the rooms. Mouse traps are handed out. It doesn't help that soldiers there subsist on carry-out food because the hospital cafeteria is such a hike on cold nights. They make do with microwaves and hot plates.

Army officials say they "started an aggressive campaign to deal with the mice infestation" last October and that the problem is now at a "manageable level." They also say they will "review all outstanding work orders" in the next 30 days.

Soldiers discharged from the psychiatric ward are often assigned to Building 18. Buses and ambulances blare all night. While injured soldiers pull guard duty in the foyer, a broken garage door allows unmonitored entry from the rear. Struggling with schizophrenia, PTSD, paranoid delusional disorder and traumatic brain injury, soldiers feel especially vulnerable in that setting, just outside the post gates, on a street where drug dealers work the corner at night

Walter Reed improved when bush addressed the issue

obama talked about making things right but they've been made worse; and of course the cover-up; the double-lists.
par for the course

Bush achieved results.
Obama talked.

That's the story of both administratons.

In 2010, for example, VA Secretary Eric Shinseki told the House Veterans' Affairs Committee that claim time had improved the previous year, dropping from 179 days to 161 days.

Period.

The disability-processing time is closely watched by Congress and veterans' advocates as a measure of VA efficiency. In fiscal 2012, the average days to complete a VA disability compensation or pension claim rose to 262 days, up from 188 days in fiscal 2011, according to a recently completely VA performance report.The 262-day average is the highest that measure has been in at least the past 20 years for which numbers were available.The VA's long-term goal is to get the processing time to an average of 90 days...

VA Claims-Processing Delays Hit 20-Year High | Military.com

In 2002, it took the VA an average of 224 days to complete claims, as compared with 166 days in 1999.

Period.

Last edited:

A Bleak Life in Building 18

"Building 18! There is a rodent infestation issue!" bellowed the commander to his troops one morning at formation. "It doesn't help when you live like a rodent! I can't believe people live like that! I was appalled by some of your rooms!"

Life in Building 18 is the bleakest homecoming for men and women whose government promised them good care in return for their sacrifices.

One case manager was so disgusted, she bought roach bombs for the rooms. Mouse traps are handed out. It doesn't help that soldiers there subsist on carry-out food because the hospital cafeteria is such a hike on cold nights. They make do with microwaves and hot plates.

Army officials say they "started an aggressive campaign to deal with the mice infestation" last October and that the problem is now at a "manageable level." They also say they will "review all outstanding work orders" in the next 30 days.

Soldiers discharged from the psychiatric ward are often assigned to Building 18. Buses and ambulances blare all night. While injured soldiers pull guard duty in the foyer, a broken garage door allows unmonitored entry from the rear. Struggling with schizophrenia, PTSD, paranoid delusional disorder and traumatic brain injury, soldiers feel especially vulnerable in that setting, just outside the post gates, on a street where drug dealers work the corner at night

Please have the COMMON FUCKING COURTESY of giving us a link when you present us with something you C&Ped from somewhere else.

Soldiers Face Neglect, Frustration At Army's Top Medical Facility

Figures it's from the professional crybabies at Pravda West.

BTW, Bush fixed that situation.

the Liar in Chief just talks and does nothing

obama talked about making things right but they've been made worse; and of course the cover-up; the double-lists.
par for the course

Bush achieved results.
Obama talked.

It was awful what happened to Walter E Reed, but as we know he got on the ball, fired people, including the Army chief of Staff, within just a few days, as well as others. He also, at that same time ordered an independent investigation.

In 2010, for example, VA Secretary Eric Shinseki told the House Veterans' Affairs Committee that claim time had improved the previous year, dropping from 179 days to 161 days.

Period.

The disability-processing time is closely watched by Congress and veterans' advocates as a measure of VA efficiency. In fiscal 2012, the average days to complete a VA disability compensation or pension claim rose to 262 days, up from 188 days in fiscal 2011, according to a recently completely VA performance report.The 262-day average is the highest that measure has been in at least the past 20 years for which numbers were available.The VA's long-term goal is to get the processing time to an average of 90 days...

In 2002, it took the VA an average of 224 days to complete claims, as compared with 166 days in 1999.

Period.

Shinseki was booted out of The United States Army. You all knew that, right?

par for the course

Bush achieved results.
Obama talked.

It was awful what happened to Walter E Reed, but as we know he got on the ball, fired people, including the Army chief of Staff, within just a few days, as well as others. He also, at that same time ordered an independent investigation.

Bush also fired the Commander of Walter Reed, Weightman. Army Surgeon General Kiley retired under pressure and the Secretary of the Army, Francis Harvey, resigned.

Republicans get things done, they kick ass and take names, they hold people accountable.

dimocraps are lying, sniveling, gutless, flinching, cowardly scum.

ALL of them.

Bush achieved results.
Link?

If he achieved his results, then what the fuck was he warning Obama about?

He did achieve results in the case of Walter E Reed. I would imagine, he was warning of something they had recently come to find out about, and with the transition, would not be able to do anything with it himself, thus letting the new admjnistration know what needed attention. Which Shinseki seems to have let slip by.

so if Bush got his results, what was he warning Obama about?

Gonna keep asking you guys this question until I get an answer

You're stupid, aren't you?

I mean, just juvenile, infantile stupid.

Why don't you try to figure it out for yourself and tell us what you think Bush was doing?

stupid fuck

Why don't you try to figure it out for yourself and tell us what you think Bush was doing?

stupid fuck

I didn't think you had an answer.

Thanks for confirming it.

Anyone else wanna take a shot?

If Obama didn't know; he should have. If Bush didn't know, he should have.

Look, we went from zero combat troops in the field in 2000 to what, 300,000 to 700,000 who served in theater? Nobody needs to be informed how much medical care can cost. Try multiplying that by a quarter million.

We have never spent enough to compensate members of the military much less taking care of the combat veterans after hostilities end. To say that the President didn't know that the VA wasn't going to be up to the challenged caused by the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan is theater of the absurd.

Obama is in office. The blame lays with him. And it will lay with the next POTUS as well who will also fail.

^^Missing the point.
It wasn't money. It was specific mismanagement that caused the deaths. Under Obama.

You're such a partisan hack. People have correctly put the blame on both Bush and Obama, but you just keep pushing on in your typical partisan hack denial mode ignoring the Bush mistakes and focusing only on Obama. Not to say I'm surprised.

Period.

Period.

Shinseki was booted out of The United States Army. You all knew that, right?

Rightfully so, for bad mouthing his commander in chief while in uniform. That's what made him attractive to the Obama Administration.

stupid fuck

He's right. You are one stupid fuck. The answer is obvious.

Gov-Care-NRD-600.jpg

Look, we went from zero combat troops in the field in 2000 to what, 300,000 to 700,000 who served in theater? Nobody needs to be informed how much medical care can cost. Try multiplying that by a quarter million.

We have never spent enough to compensate members of the military much less taking care of the combat veterans after hostilities end. To say that the President didn't know that the VA wasn't going to be up to the challenged caused by the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan is theater of the absurd.

Obama is in office. The blame lays with him. And it will lay with the next POTUS as well who will also fail.

^^Missing the point.
It wasn't money. It was specific mismanagement that caused the deaths. Under Obama.

You're such a partisan hack. People have correctly put the blame on both Bush and Obama, but you just keep pushing on in your typical partisan hack denial mode ignoring the Bush mistakes and focusing only on Obama. Not to say I'm surprised.

Were there soldiers dying under Bush in the same circumstances?
No.
You are the ignorant partisan hack here. Obamabots are unable to take responsibility for anything. At best it's, Yeah Obama did that but they all do it.

2000 budget for VA 44.8 billion, 2013 138.8 billion, an increase of 94 billion dollars. Increasing the budget is obviously not the answer. Mismanagement is.

Last edited:

stupid fuck

He's right. You are one stupid fuck. The answer is obvious.

So obvious that you just can't seem to come up with an answer, huh?

Forum List

Back