🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Bush Warned Obama About VA

I cannot tell, are the liberals here trying to say conservatives was not outraged at the Bush administration for Walter Reed?

I think they are.

Are they sure we weren't? Really?

What I am sure about is this. Right now, the liberals are some how saying it is perfectly fine what is going with this situation, cause Bush was guilty of something similar?

If that is not what they are saying, then please someone from the left tell me what your point is.

BTW, the Bush administration in a lot of ways were pieces of shit, and that was one of the ways. Not to mention the various ways he tried to reach across the isle and placate liberals by passing pathetic liberal policies. Like "No child left behind" and committing more money to AIDS relief in Africa than all of the previous presidents combined. As though any moron on the left knew or cared.

Back to the point. Someone, please tell me what the point is about bringing up Bush with this particular situation. I have not read all of the liberals responses. Has any of them in any way showed any disgust?

Any of them? Can you please show me where. I do not want to read all of their bullshit. I cannot afford to have diarrhea today.

Rabid asked "Where was the VA scandal" under Bush. We showed him.

As for what "liberals" are saying, I have said twice now; It happened under Obama, he is responsible. I'm not sure about others.

I was not responding to Rabbi. I was asking specific questions. Is your level of disgust the same when you say Obama is "responsible?"
It is my view that we have never sufficiently taken care of soldiers and their compensation. So yes my "level of disgust" is the same.

How much does it bother you that the administration is not taking any responsibility?
On a scale of 1-10; 5 I suppose. Again, a "level of disgust" is a silly notion.

Have you noticed at in this thread that many left wing hacks are not showing disgust? I have.
That is what makes a hack a hack, right? They only see good in their guy and only bad in the other guy...like most conservatives on this thread; or have you not noticed that?

In fact, I could swear they are saying it is perfectly ok since Bush was guilty of something similar.
If they were saying that, you could quote it. But since you're not, you're making it up.

If that is not what they are saying, why the lack of disgust, and why bring up Bush and Walter Reed. I mean other than obfuscating.
Asked and answered. Rabbi asked about Bush's scandal and the answer is Walter Reed.

If Obama didn't know; he should have. If Bush didn't know, he should have.

Look, we went from zero combat troops in the field in 2000 to what, 300,000 to 700,000 who served in theater? Nobody needs to be informed how much medical care can cost. Try multiplying that by a quarter million.

We have never spent enough to compensate members of the military much less taking care of the combat veterans after hostilities end. To say that the President didn't know that the VA wasn't going to be up to the challenged caused by the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan is theater of the absurd.

Obama is in office. The blame lays with him. And it will lay with the next POTUS as well who will also fail.

you are absolutely right.....every administration since Vietnam has treated returning Vets half assed......every one of them.....including this one.....

At least one good thing came of this..

This President is so hated by the right wing, this is getting some focus.

Which is a good thing.

Perhaps it will be enough to override McConnell's obstruction to more funding.

One can only hope.

YAWN
the left are boring morons; stuck on stupid with talking points; wallowing in failure and group-thinnk. the idiotic Left thinks they can just throw money at things and they wll get better

how can they be claiming they DID raise the VA budget; and then whine that they were prevented from doing it/

libs are losers who lie to themselves

So you're outraged at Obama, whose negligence caused these needless deaths, right?

Jesus, you are one desperate motherfucker. Were you salivating when you asked that question? So Bush supposedly warned Obama about the problems with the VA. And now all of the VA's problems are due to Obama's incompetence. No vet ever died while waiting on the VA to help hom or her until Obama became potus. Well, what did Bush do about it other than warn Obama? And if the GOP cares so much about vets, then why have they continually voted to cut funding for programs that help vets?

The desperation just builds.
1) "Problems" can mean anything. But Bush gave Obama a list of specific issues that were building.
2) Vets werent dying from neglect under Bush. How do we know? Because the Lamestream media would have been all over it if they were.
The problem is Obama. Period.

You know for a fact that no vets died as a result of a backlog or any other problems during the Bush administration because......the lame stream media didn't tell you? You're so full of shit it's rotting your brain

left-wingers are idiots. how many times are they going to throw out the same red herring and straw man arguments?

funding isnt why the VA is in the mess it's in. it is INEPTITUDE AND INCOMPETENCE

Jesus, you are one desperate motherfucker. Were you salivating when you asked that question? So Bush supposedly warned Obama about the problems with the VA. And now all of the VA's problems are due to Obama's incompetence. No vet ever died while waiting on the VA to help hom or her until Obama became potus. Well, what did Bush do about it other than warn Obama? And if the GOP cares so much about vets, then why have they continually voted to cut funding for programs that help vets?

1) "Problems" can mean anything. But Bush gave Obama a list of specific issues that were building.
2) Vets werent dying from neglect under Bush. How do we know? Because the Lamestream media would have been all over it if they were.

You know for a fact that no vets died as a result of a backlog or any other problems during the Bush administration because......the lame stream media didn't tell you? You're so full of shit it's rotting your brain

BUSH THIS bush that

is there a left-wing loser willing to acknowledge who's President

do they know what time it is?

Look, we went from zero combat troops in the field in 2000 to what, 300,000 to 700,000 who served in theater? Nobody needs to be informed how much medical care can cost. Try multiplying that by a quarter million.

We have never spent enough to compensate members of the military much less taking care of the combat veterans after hostilities end. To say that the President didn't know that the VA wasn't going to be up to the challenged caused by the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan is theater of the absurd.

Obama is in office. The blame lays with him. And it will lay with the next POTUS as well who will also fail.

you are absolutely right.....every administration since Vietnam has treated returning Vets half assed......every one of them.....including this one.....

Likely back to Korea when we stopped declaring wars and chose the more appetizing "police action" BS. It "cheapened" the seriousness of what we asked men to do .

At least one good thing came of this..

This President is so hated by the right wing, this is getting some focus.

Which is a good thing.

Perhaps it will be enough to override McConnell's obstruction to more funding.

One can only hope.

Once again you prove what a dishonest FUCK you are.

Republicans fought the Senate Bill because it would have opened the Floodgates and let previously ineligible Veterans enter the VA System.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/199480-gop-blocks-veterans-bill

Sanders’s bill would allow a veteran who is injured in the private sector to apply for VA disability benefits

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/199480-gop-blocks-veterans-bill#ixzz32NRjDdCY
Follow us: [MENTION=27326]The[/MENTION]hill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

We can barely handle the number that are currently enrolled now.

dimocrap scum didn't even bother with trying to pay for the bill. I guess they couldn't find any room to cut women's vaginal discharge studies or Food Stamps or the next Solyndra.

Or, they could push through the Keystone XL Pipeline. The Tax Revenue from that would have paid for the Veterans bill about five times.

You really are a dishonest fuck

Last edited:

Because they didnt report it. And you know full well they would have, just as they reported the Walter Reed scandal.
But if you can show me that vets were dying under Bush because of faulty VA practices like we've just heard about, go ahead and post the link.
You wont because you cant. All you can do is throw shit and hope no one notices.

Because they didnt report it. And you know full well they would have, just as they reported the Walter Reed scandal.
But if you can show me that vets were dying under Bush because of faulty VA practices like we've just heard about, go ahead and post the link.
You wont because you cant. All you can do is throw shit and hope no one notices.

Veterans MAY have died waiting for Medical Care under Bush.

In fact, i'd bet on it. But what DIDN'T happen was VA Bureaucrats keeping secret lists that hid their incompetence so they could get Special Bonuses for complying with the Lying Cocksuckers mandated "Two week Waiting Period".

THAT is the scandal.

Veterans, and everybody else, die waiting for treatment all the time.

But their names aren't scrubbed from secret lists so Bureau-weenies can get bonuses from a Lying Cocksucker who doesn't care about the real world, only about perception.

the Liar in Chief is knee-deep in this. He SHOULD have known. Even if we can't prove he DID know, we can prove he SHOULD have. In a Court of Law, that's good enough

Here's a similar article from the Washington Times...

Obama Knew About VA Problems as far Back as 2008
Bush knew about the problem for years before 2008 and did nothing about other than pass the problem to Obama, who at least pushed Congress to increase the VA budget to alleviate the problem. How come in all those years, righties never once condemned Bush for ignoring the problem?

Link that Bush knew about it for years?

The OP link, dumbass!

“Audits of outpatient scheduling and patient waiting times completed since 2005 have identified noncompliance with the policies and procedures for scheduling, inaccurate reporting of patient waiting times and errors in [electronic waiting lists],” the briefing papers state.

In fact, officials added, nine recommendations arising from inspector general audits from 2005 to 2007 were not implemented by 2008 when officials prepared the report for the incoming administration.

Last edited:
Bush knew about the problem for years before 2008 and did nothing about other than pass the problem to Obama, who at least pushed Congress to increase the VA budget to alleviate the problem. How come in all those years, righties never once condemned Bush for ignoring the problem?

The OP link, dumbass!

“Audits of outpatient scheduling and patient waiting times completed since 2005 have identified noncompliance with the policies and procedures for scheduling, inaccurate reporting of patient waiting times and errors in [electronic waiting lists],” the briefing papers state.

In fact, officials added, nine recommendations arising from inspector general audits from 2005 to 2007 were not implemented by 2008 when officials prepared the report for the incoming administration.

and end fake scandal.

Bush Administration were the adults. Obama Administration were the amateurs. Evidence the Obama Administration knew about problems back in 2008 but did nothing. And of course the mainstream news sources aren't reporting that. Can't sayi anything good about Bush, ya know.

ABC, NBC Ignore Report Showing Obama Administration Knew About Ongoing VA Problems | NewsBusters
Documents obtained by the Washington Times revealed that the Bush Administration warned the Obama Administration about problems within the Veterans Administration as early as 2008, yet both the ABC and NBC evening news broadcasts ignored the story on Monday, May 19.

Of the big three networks, only the CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley covered the new revelations in the VA scandal. CBS News host Scott Pelley noted that “The Bush White House was so concerned about this back in 2008 that it warned the incoming Obama Administration.”

Read more: ABC, NBC Ignore Report Showing Obama Administration Knew About Ongoing VA Problems | NewsBusters

Wait...I thought there were no problems in the VA before Obama......how could Bush warn about something that was not a problem yet?

The OP link, dumbass!

The difference -- STUPID -- Is that nobody died waiting for treatment.

The difference -- Stupid -- Is that bureauweeenies weren't keeping secret lists.

The difference -- STUPID -- is that Bureauweenies weren't ILLEGALLY HIDING and scrubbing names from SECRET lists.

The difference -- Stupid -- Is that they weren't playing games with Veterans in order to receive bonuses for a make-believe two-week-wait mandate.

You're not only stupid, you're dishonest.

But hey! You're a dimocrap. What else is new :dunno:

2nbwmmu.jpg

We got problems with our vets. See ya!

2nhnqs3.jpg

And you did nothing...why?

r94q35.jpg

Hey, it isn't surprising Obama doesn't give a shit about us vets. Hell yes, it is scandalous.

But you would expect the guy who...you know...sent troops to war would have given a shit about the care they received when they came home.

Guess not.

And I can personally attest to this. I tried to get attention drawn to the lack of care that vets with TBIs were getting, during Bush's term. I was given the shove off because they didn't want to allocate the $50 billion it would take.

Last edited:
Walter Reed under Bush....

A Bleak Life in Building 18

"Building 18! There is a rodent infestation issue!" bellowed the commander to his troops one morning at formation. "It doesn't help when you live like a rodent! I can't believe people live like that! I was appalled by some of your rooms!"

Life in Building 18 is the bleakest homecoming for men and women whose government promised them good care in return for their sacrifices.

One case manager was so disgusted, she bought roach bombs for the rooms. Mouse traps are handed out. It doesn't help that soldiers there subsist on carry-out food because the hospital cafeteria is such a hike on cold nights. They make do with microwaves and hot plates.

Army officials say they "started an aggressive campaign to deal with the mice infestation" last October and that the problem is now at a "manageable level." They also say they will "review all outstanding work orders" in the next 30 days.

Soldiers discharged from the psychiatric ward are often assigned to Building 18. Buses and ambulances blare all night. While injured soldiers pull guard duty in the foyer, a broken garage door allows unmonitored entry from the rear. Struggling with schizophrenia, PTSD, paranoid delusional disorder and traumatic brain injury, soldiers feel especially vulnerable in that setting, just outside the post gates, on a street where drug dealers work the corner at night

Epically Incompetent

The New Obama Narrative: Epic Incompetence « Commentary Magazine

The last eight months have battered the Obama administration. From the botched rollout of the health-care website to the VA scandal, events are now cementing certain impressions about Mr. Obama. Among the most damaging is this: He is unusually, even epically, incompetent. That is not news to some of us, but it seems to be a conclusion more and more people are drawing.

The emerging narrative of Barack Obama, the one that actually comports to reality, is that he is a rare political talent but a disaster when it comes to actually governing. The list of his failures is nothing short of staggering, from shovel-ready jobs that weren’t so shovel ready to the failures of healthcare.gov to the VA debacle. But it also includes the president’s failure to tame the debt, lower poverty, decrease income inequality, and increase job creation. He promised to close Guantanamo Bay and didn’t. His administration promised to try Khalid Sheikh Mohammed before a civilian jury in New York but they were forced to retreat because of outrage in his own party. Early on in his administration Mr. Obama put his prestige on the line to secure the Olympics for Chicago in 2016 and he failed.

Overseas the range of Obama’s failures include the Russian “reset” and Syrian “red lines” to Iran’s Green Revolution, the Egyptian overthrow of Hosni Mubarak, and Libya post-Gaddafi. The first American ambassador since the 1970s was murdered after requests for greater security for the diplomatic outpost in Benghazi were denied. (For a comprehensive overview of President Obama’s failures in the Middle East, see this outstanding essay by Abe Greenwald.) The president has strained relations with nations extending from Canada to Germany, from Israel to Afghanistan to Poland and the Czech Republic to many others. All from a man who promised to heal the planet and slow the rise of the oceans.

But that’s not all. The White House response to everything from the VA and IRS scandals to the seizure of AP phone records by the Department of Justice is that it learned about them from press reports. More and more Mr. Obama speaks as if he’s a passive actor, a bystander in his own administration, an MSNBC commentator speaking about events he has no real control over. We saw that earlier today, when the president, in trying to address the public’s growing outrage at what’s happening at the VA, insisted he “will not stand for it” and “will not tolerate” what he has stood for and tolerated for almost six years. His anger at what’s happening to our veterans seems to have coincided with the political damage it is now causing him.

We’ve learned the hard way that Mr. Obama’s skill sets are far more oriented toward community organizing than they are to governing. On every front, he is overmatched by events. It’s painful to watch a man who is so obviously in over his head. And more and more Americans are suffering because of it.

Walter Reed under Bush....

A Bleak Life in Building 18

"Building 18! There is a rodent infestation issue!" bellowed the commander to his troops one morning at formation. "It doesn't help when you live like a rodent! I can't believe people live like that! I was appalled by some of your rooms!"

Life in Building 18 is the bleakest homecoming for men and women whose government promised them good care in return for their sacrifices.

One case manager was so disgusted, she bought roach bombs for the rooms. Mouse traps are handed out. It doesn't help that soldiers there subsist on carry-out food because the hospital cafeteria is such a hike on cold nights. They make do with microwaves and hot plates.

Army officials say they "started an aggressive campaign to deal with the mice infestation" last October and that the problem is now at a "manageable level." They also say they will "review all outstanding work orders" in the next 30 days.

Soldiers discharged from the psychiatric ward are often assigned to Building 18. Buses and ambulances blare all night. While injured soldiers pull guard duty in the foyer, a broken garage door allows unmonitored entry from the rear. Struggling with schizophrenia, PTSD, paranoid delusional disorder and traumatic brain injury, soldiers feel especially vulnerable in that setting, just outside the post gates, on a street where drug dealers work the corner at night

Walter Reed improved when bush addressed the issue

obama talked about making things right but they've been made worse; and of course the cover-up; the double-lists.
par for the course

Forum List

Back