But....a handgun ban that doesn't work? Just ask the Canadians...

Many of those loaded guns kept in drawers have ended up shooting the owner's children in the face.

I didn't send mind to obedience school or anything? I wonder why it just sat there, completely inanimate?

Unless, you anti-liberty types are actually insane by trying to amorphize inanimate objects..

I can't tell you know long my carry gun has been loaded.
Zero discharges.
Huh.

Yes Donald H says my revolver is going to jump up, and go shoot some random kid in the face. My kids are all grown, so I assume the old Taurus will steal a car when it goes out to shoot a kid in the face. I mean, it's a little snub nose and if it just hops along on it's handle, it could take it a LONG time to hunt down some kid. I don't know how far a revolver can hop, but if it's the body length, it's only 6 inches. Could take it all day just to get to the front door.

"because since Reagan, the middle class has become the working poor."

Ah the lies you Nazis tell.

Long before you lied about Trump, before you lied about Bush - you lied about Reagan.

Of course anything you claim will be the opposite of fact.

So did the standard of living decline for the middle quintile of the population under Reagan? Well of course not, just the opposite, the standard of living vastly increased - you've just lying.

Reagan entered office with a poverty rate of 14.5% - he left office with a poverty rate of 11.2%

But your lie was about the middle class, not the poor.

{
Following the Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981, unemployment in the succeeding years fell an estimated 45 percent. During the Eighties, the consumer price index rose only 17 percent, private domestic investment grew 77 percent, and economic growth averaged 4.6 percent annually. The real income of every stratum of Americans increased, and total tax collections rose from $500 billion in 1980 to $1 trillion in 1990 (in constant dollars).

At the same time, Reagan deregulated oil prices, making energy cheaper, and launched U.S.–Canadian free trade, setting the stage for NAFTA (the North American Free Trade Agreement). Perhaps most important of all, he created IRAs (individual retirement accounts) and 401(k) programs, giving birth to what has been called “the investor class.” New industries arose in computing, software, communications, and the Internet that streamlined and transformed the American economy.}

I think you are giving Reagan credit for things he doesn't deserve credit for

Reagan's bad policies hurt us in the future, not at the time. For example, breaking unions, inventing nafta and cuts to social security.

HE sucked bad. And today he'd be a Democrat. Look how much he grew government and spent.

Tens of thousands of injured gun owners and their children being either killed or injured by loaded guns left in drawers, under pillows, in the hall, behind the toilet, under the bed, in yard, in the dog's kennel, in the pumpkin patch, in the car, behind their ears, etc.
Ask NRA members if leaving loaded guns lying around is a good idea?
I'm a Canadian so don't ask me. I've been conditioned to not give a fk.

If you don't give a fuck why are you whining about the laws in a foreign country?

Reagan's bad policies hurt us in the future, not at the time. For example, breaking unions, inventing nafta and cuts to social security.

HE sucked bad. And today he'd be a Democrat. Look how much he grew government and spent.

No....they didn't....they led to the longest sustained economic growth in the modern period...everyone benefited, including minorities....and you can try to lie about it as much as you want, but the numbers speak for themselves...

I think you're a leftist troll.

Common Dreams is a radical leftist hate site.

Yes, they hate that the middle class got tax cuts. Of course the steaming pile you posted is utterly irrelevant after the 2018 tax revision.

Yeah, our criminals like to kill each other...their criminals not as much.

Wow... there's always an excuse. It's not that our criminals can get guns easily, it's that they are somehow more murderous, even though most gun homicides are domestic violence.

Population of Canada - 36 million.

Population of USA - 340 million.

Even if you account for the differences in population, we still have a gun murder rate 9 times what Canada has.

Wow... there's always an excuse. It's not that our criminals can get guns easily, it's that they are somehow more murderous, even though most gun homicides are domestic violence.

Even if you account for the differences in population, we still have a gun murder rate 9 times what Canada has.

Canadian criminals also have guns….they just don’t murder each other with them as often…….,,

Our criminals are more violent……the culture of crime in this country is more violent……that is changing in Canada as the increased gun murder there shows…

Number of gun homicides in Canada- 249

Number of gun homicides in the US - 19384
/——-/ Mostly democrat criminals shooting other democrat criminals. No loss, in fact it helps reduce the prison population.

/——-/ Mostly democrat criminals shooting other democrat criminals. No loss, in fact it helps reduce the prison population.

this is where joe will say that most murders are husbands killing their wives........he is such a hack.

Canadian criminals also have guns….they just don’t murder each other with them as often…….,,

Our criminals are more violent……the culture of crime in this country is more violent……that is changing in Canada as the increased gun murder there shows…

Again- 249 gun murders in Canada compared to 19,348 in the US.

this is where joe will say that most murders are husbands killing their wives........he is such a hack.

And you will claim the husband was a hardened criminal because he had a juvenile record.

And you will claim the husband was a hardened criminal because he had a juvenile record.
/-----/ I guess math is racist to you gun grabbers.

The population of the US is about 9 times that of Canada. If you multiply 249 times 9, you get 2,241 in proportion. Still lower, yes, but, Canada does not have the inner city gang violence democRAT mayors seem to support.

Canada Population: 37,943,231 (July 2021 est.) 334,998,398 (July 2021 est.) note: the US Census Bureau's 2020 census results show the US population as 331,449,281 as of 1 April 2020

For various reasons the total number of gang related homicides appears to be about 11,500; while the total for the rest of us is about 3,000. Essentially, then; the percentage of gang related homicides in the United States is about 74 percent – and rising as the number of murders among the general population declines.

BOTTOM LINE Pro rated. The rates are pretty much the same for both countries. Still more in the US, but not to the wild eyed exageration you claim.

The population of the US is about 9 times that of Canada. If you multiply 249 times 9, you get 2,241 in proportion. Still lower, yes, but, Canada does not have the inner city gang violence democRAT mayors seem to support.

I already made this point, that even adjusting for population, Canada's murder rate is a lot lower than ours...

Because they don't let every idiot who wants a gun have a gun, and if you don't want little Timmy shot at school, you'd better hope your school has a good plan.

I already made this point, that even adjusting for population, Canada's murder rate is a lot lower than ours...

Because they don't let every idiot who wants a gun have a gun, and if you don't want little Timmy shot at school, you'd better hope your school has a good plan.
/----/ What part of gang-related homicides do you not understand?
For various reasons the total number of gang-related homicides appears to be about 11,500; while the total for the rest of us is about 3,000. Essentially, then; the percentage of gang-related homicides in the United States is about 74 percent – and rising as the number of murders among the general population declines.

Yes.....as you were told, American criminals, in democrat party controlled cities, choose to murder each other at huge numbers in this country.

If you guys would stop voting for democrats, a lot of black lives would be saved, but that isn't what you care about.

Forum List

Back