But I Thought Biden Had No Influence on Gas Prices

Without nationalizing the industry the government doesn't have control.. and you better hope that never happens.
They don't?

And those are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how Government is controlling oil production in the US...

most americans drive gas cars not diesel

so your point is not relevant
It’s absolutely relevant. If the economy was crashing, businesses would be moving less product and it would show up on diesel demand. That’s not the case

Gas prices are high so people cut back on car usage.

This isn’t hard to understand

It’s absolutely relevant. If the economy was crashing, businesses would be moving less product and it would show up on diesel demand. That’s not the case

Gas prices are high so people cut back on car usage.

This isn’t hard to understand
two qtrs of negative growth shows the economy is crashing

Okay let me walk you through this in baby steps since it seems so hard to make the connection.
Biden took steps through EOs and orders to agencies to do things that caused the price of oil and therefore the price of fuels to rise.
This was not the only reason for the rise but it was a part of it.
I and others never claimed it was the sole reason, there may have been others who did. I can not speak for everyone. He, his administration and his apologists all claimed he had no effect on fuel prices.
He was taken to court and forced to allow leasing to continue. He did not do it on his own and a lot of lands are still not being leased. Remember that oil leases take years to develop it is not over night and some leases may never be developed.
He removed Strategic Oil reserves, then sold some of it. That oil was never meant to be sold, especially to hostile nations. If you approved of it being sold, would you approve of Yellowstone or the Washington monument being sold? Since he sold a portion of the oil it looks more like a money grab then a decision to help fuel prices as the oil that was sold could have stayed in the US and may have dropped the price of fuel by another cent or two.
Now when the price of fuel has gone down him, his administration and his mindless cheerleaders are crowing about how great he is for affecting the price of fuel.
The problem is that yes things he did did have an effect on fuel prices, no he did not willingly make Changes that affected the down turn on prices. While things like supply and demand, the oil companies had a much larger effect on price he should have taken some of the blame and should not take all the credit.
So if you want me to celebrate that he was responsible for a few cents drop and not all of it on his own free will and some perhaps by mistake it is not going to happen.
That’s a long list of grievance

There’s no evidence that any of that lead to increased fuel costs NOW.

He doesn't but if you were one who blamed the high prices on him you also have to give him credit for them coming down.
Works both ways, Biden took credit for 2021 growth, low unemployment. Then he blamed Putin for high gas prices and inflation.

Biden needs to credit Russia for the down turn in gas prices, when will that happen?

Works both ways, Biden took credit for 2021 growth, low unemployment. Then he blamed Putin for high gas prices and inflation.

Biden needs to credit Russia for the down turn in gas prices, when will that happen?
That was one of your more idiotic posts

Actually demand for gasoline has decreased as a result of the high price.

Ya know what has NOT decreased in demand? Yea… diesel

Because the economy is still pumping. That may change but as of yet has not
It's summer. Almost all school buses are parked. That will start changing in 30 days or so.

Forum List

Back