Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuush or Cheney?

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
"BERLIN - The United States may have bugged Angela Merkel's phone for more than 10 years, according to a report in Der Spiegel on Saturday that also said President Barack Obama told the German leader he would have stopped it happening had he known about it.

"Germany's outrage over reports of bugging of Merkel's phone by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) prompted it to summon the U.S. ambassador this week for the first time in living memory, an unprecedented post-war diplomatic rift."

If true, is not telling president elect Obama a high crime committed by Bush or Cheney?

US spied on German leader Merkel's phone since 2002: report - World News

• Banned
Ten years. Clearly GWB 'bugged' her, but who would have thought ... well maybe GWB didn't know. Maybe it's all on Gates, after a career with the firm maybe Gates didn't tell GWB either.

buck stops at the WH
After all, that fool.said he was going to quit <rolls eyes>

"BERLIN - The United States may have bugged Angela Merkel's phone for more than 10 years, according to a report in Der Spiegel on Saturday that also said President Barack Obama told the German leader he would have stopped it happening had he known about it.

"Germany's outrage over reports of bugging of Merkel's phone by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) prompted it to summon the U.S. ambassador this week for the first time in living memory, an unprecedented post-war diplomatic rift."

If true, is not telling president elect Obama a high crime committed by Bush or Cheney?

(I have an excuse) Obama makes a habit of not knowing what the Hells going on.

He's a world-wide embarrassment to every patriotic American..

What the fuck makes you think Obama didn't know?

• Banned

I wonder, have you ever been The Boss? I suspect not, I have and many times I was seemingly the last person to know when a staff member did something stupid. My job was simple compared to all that's on President Obama's plate.

• Banned

Do you have evidence he did? Of course you don't, you don't need evidence, do you. Even if it were completely exculpatory, you'd claim the source was lying.

Others might consider plausible deniability, not you. Obama is always guilty until proved innocent, and that proof is never sufficient to convince you.

Do you have evidence he did? Of course you don't, you don't need evidence, do you. Even if it were completely exculpatory, you'd claim the source was lying.

Others might consider plausible deniability, not you. Obama is always guilty until proved innocent, and that proof is never sufficient to convince you.

Do you have any evidence that the phone was bugged?

I wonder, have you ever been The Boss? I suspect not, I have and many times I was seemingly the last person to know when a staff member did something stupid. My job was simple compared to all that's on President Obama's plate.

Yes... I have been a successful Owner, Boss and Father.

I have a problem with Obama constantly blaming others and making excuses. All Americans should expect their President to "man up" and actually accept responsibility for the job he was honored with.

I have a problem with Obama constantly blaming others and making excuses. All Americans should expect their President to "man up" and actually accept responsibility for the job he was honored with.

When one of my deputies used excessive force I didn't accept responsibility for their misbehavior, my rules were clear and my enforcement of them when violated was swift. Everyone of them understood the use of force policy and when it was violated they suffered the consequences. They were trained and understood their duty and responsibility.

My responsibility was to supervise a fair and thorough investigation, and not make a judgment until all the facts were known, all the witnesses interviewed and each policy reviewed.

When one of my deputies used excessive force I didn't accept responsibility for their misbehavior, my rules were clear and my enforcement of them when violated was swift. Everyone of them understood the use of force policy and when it was violated they suffered the consequences. They were trained and understood their duty and responsibility.

My responsibility was to supervise a fair and thorough investigation, and not make a judgment until all the facts were known, all the witnesses interviewed and each policy reviewed.

Sounds like you took responsibility, considered the facts and measured out repercussions swiftly...admirable, from my perspective.

You'll have to do better than "may have" before I "convict" anyone...

Would it surprise me? Absolutely not. But it also would not surprise me if it occurred during the current administration.

From the last link provided by Wry:

:lmao:

Why the lmao comment? Here's the link I posted in my last post at the end of page one:

Obama aware of Merkel spying since 2010: German media

From the last link provided by Wry:

:lmao:

Why the lmao comment? Here's the link I posted in my last post at the end of page one:

Obama aware of Merkel spying since 2010: German media

Why? Because in the first link you provided they quote Obama as saying that, had he known, he would have ended the spying on Merkel. But in the second link you posted, the article quotes a "high ranking NSA official" who says Obama didn't stop it, he let it continue.

That's funny.

It's hardly a secret, or a surprise, that the NSA spies on foreign governments, including those friendly to the United States. Two former intelligence officials told The Cable that contact information like this is a regular source of intelligence for the NSA. And the memo acknowledges that the agency looks for officials' contact information in open sources, such as the Internet.

"There's a mixture of hypocrisy and feigned outrage along with real objections here," said a former senior intelligence official. "I don't know where the line is. The idea that political leaders are out of bounds for foreign intelligence is amusing. But on the other hand this business about trusting allies is a big thing. My guess is there's a real annoyance here" on the part of foreign allies.

Exclusive: Germany, Brazil Turn to U.N. to Restrain American Spies | The Cable

It is indeed naïve to believe that the United States wouldn’t spy on allies, who have the propensity of being duplicitous, inconsistent, and capricious, the democracies in particular.

And it’s just as naïve to believe a given administration would have sought to end the practice, assuming they even could.

Forum List

Back