Bwahahaaa! The Eco Re-usable Grocery Bags contaminated with lead???????

Good luck avoiding ecoli.

From where would I acquire ecoli?

Using the bags over and over. Haven't you listened to what we have been telling you? These reusable bags can cause ecoli to grow in your food if you don't wash them between each use with bleach.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Please explain how using a bag more than once can cause that bag to be contaminated with ecoli? What would be touching the bag that might be exposed to ecoli?

Good luck avoiding ecoli.

From where would I acquire ecoli?

WAYSA?

The reusable bags many of us use when we go to the grocery store are good for the environment, but they might not be good for your health.

Many never think to clean them, which means we're toting a lot more than groceries.

Our NBC affiliate in Connecticut, WVIT-TV collected several bags from shoppers at random and tested them. The results were gross.

"They were very, very germy. Some bags were definitely worse than others," said Dr. Rolf Knoll, the chief medical officer at St. Francis Hospital in Hartford, Connecticut.

Technicians used swabs to test five bags for bacteria and one of them tested positive for fungus.

Others had dozens of colonies of bacteria inside. "Specifically we found diphtheroids, bacillus, staph epidermidis," Dr. Knoll said.

In layman's terms, it's the same stuff you'd find on a dirty countertop.

The good news is that we didn't find any disease-causing germs in our tests,

Still, researchers at the University of Arizona and Loma Linda University recently did a similar test using 84 bags from shoppers in California and Arizona and more than half the bags they tested contained some sort of coliform bacteria, including e-coli....

Tests find most reusable grocery bags are surprisingly filthy - Local News - Rochester, NY - msnbc.com

What am i placing in contact with the bag that might carry these?

I have no idea.

Judging from your intellect, it's quite plausible that you subsist on a diet comprised of Hot Pockets, Twinkies, and Nacho Cheese Doritos. Given their high degree of packaging, you are probably not at ecoli risk from them.

For every population, there are outliers. For those of use who purchase fresh produce and items from the butcher, such bags are unhygienic.

Household bleach breaks down quickly in the environment, and water comes out of the ground and returns to the ground so washing these bags is not that big of a deal.

Lead, however, is something different.

Thank you Charles Schumer for bringing this to our attention.

:thup:

I have no idea.

Indeed.

Judging from your intellect, it's quite plausible that you subsist on a diet comprised of Hot Pockets, Twinkies, and Nacho Cheese Doritos.

Eh, as per usual - you are wrong. At least you're consistent.

For every population, there are outliers. For those of use who purchase fresh produce and items from the butcher, such bags are unhygienic.

I purchase fresh produce from our local co-op and from our CSA. None of it touches the grocery bags.

Given that, how do you feel about the MERCURY in CFLs?

Umm the Chinese seem to take it seriously. they either execute or imprision them. At least one commited suicide.

Personnaly I think they were chopped for getting caught, not for doing it. It happens just a little to often to be a simple coincedence.

You could be correct, but that would be yet another indication of their capitalistic orientation. In business getting caught or not turning a profit are sins, Sinning is not bad if you can get away with it, and make money from it.

Are you intentionally confusing communism with capatalism? or do you honestly don't know?

These are far different. The government all but runs the companies that practice capatalism in china.

Given that, how do you feel about the MERCURY in CFLs?

about the same as i feel about the MERCURY in flourescents and the MERCURY used in the production of filament bulbs.

of course, I don't eat CFL's.

I was responding to Ravi's comment regarding lead in bags.

So TPS takes glee at the idea of people disagreeing with her getting lead poisoning. What a sicko.

Personnaly I think they were chopped for getting caught, not for doing it. It happens just a little to often to be a simple coincedence.

You could be correct, but that would be yet another indication of their capitalistic orientation. In business getting caught or not turning a profit are sins, Sinning is not bad if you can get away with it, and make money from it.

Are you intentionally confusing communism with capatalism? or do you honestly don't know?

These are far different. The government all but runs the companies that practice capatalism in china.

Actually, he's confusing Fascism with Capitalism.

China is transitioning from Communism to Fascism at quite a rapid clip.

So, you find the possibility that some of your fellow citizens will suffer lead poisoning "hilarious"?

You have all the morals of an alley cat, TPS, but none of the brains.

Honey, if I found it funny that people will get lead poisoning, I would have kept quiet about the story and let them get lead poisoning.

As usual, you don't have the brain power to consider that.

No they would've found out about it anyway like you have, that's how news works.

Who doesn't have the morals? I'm not the one pushing people to use contaminated bags for their groceries?

But you are ecstatic about the fact that they are contaminated. So you are still an asshole.

Once again CONSERVATIVES WERE RIGHT about another STUPID ECO HOAX!

Show me one conservative who predicated the bags would have lead in them.

Oh they did cheer. They went to funerals and even to military hospitals and recruiting stations.

They did cheer. Truthlies, is lying again!

117-1723_IMG4.jpg

Another message at the March 20, 2004 rally.

126-2650_IMG.JPG

Protester and message at the June 5, 2004 "anti-war" march.

120-2038_IMG.JPG

Terrorist sympathizer at the April 10, 2004 rally.

118-1848_IMG.JPG

Patriotic message in the parade following the March 20, 2004 rally.

Kinda hard to tell photoshopping of signs.

In any case extremists of all stripes are wrong.

Bwahahaaa! Yeah they are all photoshopped! The zombietime Hall of Shame

You run with that! Yeah, there is no such thing as Code Pink, either!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Any group is likely to have extremeists in it. What about churches? the ones who protest at military burials and such? Plan to burn other religions sacred "bibles"?
That is why I do not join groups and run on my own.

I agree with his answer.

How do you dispose of CFLs and what happens if you drop one on the floor?

Well, we haven't needed to dispose of one - they last pretty damn long. But when we do, we'll take it to the same place we take all other items that can't go in the landfill (batteries and the like) : To the hazardous section of our municipality's solid waste disposal center.

We've never dropped one on the floor, but if we did we'd simply follow the cleanup procedures.

Do you have a television Boedicca? Where do you dispose of it?

Some how this is the fault of BOOOSH.

I haven't figured it out yet, but I "know" it is.

This is the priorities of the loony right.

They see this only as some fucking board game.

They dont care about reality they just want to "win".

In this assholes case a win is people getting lead poisoning.

Yeah, how DARE conservatives point out another case of liberal stupidity.

And Who are the assholes here? Who's pushing lead poisoning here.

It isn't conservatives. We told you those bags were stupid from the get go.

Do you get this! WE are at fault for people getting lead poisoning, not the liberals who pushed these stupid bags. Noooooooooooo, it will be our fault for pointing this stupidity out!

Liberals are never at fault. It's always everyone else's fault

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So by your "logic" any parent who gave their kids toys they didn't know had lead in them is at fault for anything bad that happens out of it?

You truly are a moron.

I agree with his answer.

How do you dispose of CFLs and what happens if you drop one on the floor?
We have a recycling connection through the city. I've never broken one.

Personally, I am not fond of them because the light I find unnatural and gives me a headache. But the energy savings outweighs the risk, IMO. Kind of like the nuclear vs. coal burning question, there is no perfect answer.

But this is different than the bags we are talking about. No reason they can't be made without lead.

Forum List

Back