Bye Bye Net Neutrality....Another Big Government Obama Program Repealed

Because of course the Trumpsters want their internet providers to be able to censor what they get over the internet- and charge them more.

It was only a few years ago before Obamas regs that the internet providers were discussing you had a certain amount of minutes and then after you exhausted those they would charge per minute or slow speeds to equal dial-up not to mention sites you could visit. We'll see if they raise rates and slow speeds.Hell, internet forums might have to start charging.

Yeah, sites like this could become a lost less populated when people have to choose between it or netflix

Because of course the Trumpsters want their internet providers to be able to censor what they get over the internet- and charge them more.

It was only a few years ago before Obamas regs that the internet providers were discussing you had a certain amount of minutes and then after you exhausted those they would charge per minute or slow speeds to equal dial-up not to mention sites you could visit. We'll see if they raise rates and slow speeds.Hell, internet forums might have to start charging.

Yeah, sites like this could become a lost less populated when people have to choose between it or netflix
So?

So?

So, I think that would be a shame. I think the more exposure people have to other things and other people that think differently than they do the better. The internet is a unique thing and it will be a shame to watch it be turned into cable TV. I feel bad for my son's generation that will lose a free and open internet. Though they may change it when they are in power.

So?

So, I think that would be a shame. I think the more exposure people have to other things and other people that think differently than they do the better. The internet is a unique thing and it will be a shame to watch it be turned into cable TV. I feel bad for my son's generation that will lose a free and open internet. Though they may change it when they are in power.

Actually, net neutrality guarantees just the opposite. A government controlled internet is not a *free* internet in any way, shape or form.

Internet censorship in China - Wikipedia

So?

Actually, net neutrality guarantees just the opposite. A government controlled internet is not a *free* internet in any way, shape or form.

The government was not controlling anything, that is just a stupid Repub talking point. If you are going to just parrot talking points then I will take my leave as it is not worth my time.

So?

The government was not controlling anything, that is just a stupid Repub talking point. If you are going to just parrot talking points then I will take my leave as it is not worth my time.

paraphrase: "Your facts have confounded me! I have no talking points except the ones I already spewed! I must run!"

So?

paraphrase: "Your facts have confounded me! I have no talking points except the ones I already spewed! I must run!"

So, all you do is parrot talking points. Thanks for the heads up.

What was true in re: net neutrality in 2014 is still true:

"Rather than guarding against market abuses by dominant firms, the rules have been invoked in attempts to hinder innovation, impede competition, and block consumer price protections."

Net Neutrality Rules: Still a Threat to Internet Freedom

"The repeal could change how customers are billed for services.... T-Mobile, for example, was criticized by net neutrality supporters for effectively making it cheaper for customers to stream videos from Netflix and HBO, putting other video services at a disadvantage.

"Without net neutrality, internet providers may pursue similar offers more aggressively, which would likely be viewed as a positive by consumers looking to save money on their streaming media."

Net neutrality: Here's what Thursday's vote to repeal is really all about

Lefties hate it when the little guy gets a break.

Nope, that's what you do.

Over and over again. Then when you are busted you cry, say "yore stoopid!" and run.

Over and over again. Then when you are busted you cry, say "yore stoopid!" and run.

So now you have moved to schoolyard taunts. Sorry, you now boring me.

What the ever lovin' fuck are you talking about? Censorship? You are clearly too dumb to use the internet...
Forcing both sides to be shown is a form of censorship. If I want a show that ONLY shows one side then I want to be able to watch that NOT having the government force the libtard side down my throat.

Your comment clearly illustrates you have no understanding of what this decision means. Stop talking.

So now you have moved to schoolyard taunts. Sorry, you now boring me.

I think it's funny,. I post this..and since then you have started posting over and over "talking points only! Yore stupid!" on multiple threads.

Which, btw, is a violation of the forum rules which requires you to address content.

I wonder why you're afraid to address content?

Because you have none of your own, of course.

So here, I'll give you another chance...see if you can address the content...or restrain yourself from non-content flames:

"Rather than guarding against market abuses by dominant firms, the rules have been invoked in attempts to hinder innovation, impede competition, and block consumer price protections."

"The repeal could change how customers are billed for services.... T-Mobile, for example, was criticized by net neutrality supporters for effectively making it cheaper for customers to stream videos from Netflix and HBO, putting other video services at a disadvantage.

"Without net neutrality, internet providers may pursue similar offers more aggressively, which would likely be viewed as a positive by consumers looking to save money on their streaming media."

Your second link was interesting. Under the previous law all content was treated the same and had to be done so by the ISPs. '

Under the new rules each individual ISP will have to have their individual decisions approved by the FTC.

The new rule sounds a lot more like micromanaging than the old one.

Forum List

Back