Byron Thomas - Battle Flag

Nov 1, 2014
confederatewire2n-1-web.jpg

Leftist narrative destroyed anew.

Black student Confederate flag honors my heritage

What the pic doesn't show is the 4 Klansmen off-camera pointing a gun at him. :) Though his expression conveys that just fine. :)

Actually you shouldn't hate at him Delta, if you read the article he supports bringing the flag down on state grounds in an effort to promote unity.

Actually you shouldn't hate at him Delta, if you read the article he supports bringing the flag down on state grounds in an effort to promote unity.

Not for me to call him a relative...But you could make the same sorts of arguements for why a Nazi flag isn't bad. "My great grandfather served with honor and distinction in the German army and never murdered a Jew only ever fighting for his family and nation."

And a Nazi flag was stolen from someone else's heritage just the same, multiple peoples actually. Asshole dictators do not tend to invent things, they steal something else that has "emotional value" attached to it and use that to draw in their followers.

Swastika - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Individual belief of a symbol is just that. To him it means southern pride, not slavery. To some people the Swastika itself is a holy symbol.

While I'm still a bit on the fence about the confederate flag being on the confederate memorial on state capitol grounds, I am not at all on the fence that an individual is allowed to fly w/e flag they want in this country.

Not for me to call him a relative...But you could make the same sorts of arguements for why a Nazi flag isn't bad. "My great grandfather served with honor and distinction in the German army and never murdered a Jew only ever fighting for his family and nation."
The Nazi flag was the flag of a conquering oppressor, the Battle Flag the flag of nations defending themselves against a conquering oppressor. Of course you're too boeotian to see the difference.

And a Nazi flag was stolen from someone else's heritage just the same, multiple peoples actually. Asshole dictators do not tend to invent things, they steal something else that has "emotional value" attached to it and use that to draw in their followers.

Individual belief of a symbol is just that. To him it means southern pride, not slavery. To some people the Swastika itself is a holy symbol.

While I'm still a bit on the fence about the confederate flag being on the confederate memorial on state capitol grounds, I am not at all on the fence that an individual is allowed to fly w/e flag they want in this country.
Thank you very much. I appreciate what you've said, and I totally agree with it.

Thank you very much. I appreciate what you've said, and I totally agree with it.
Anybody should be able to fly a flag on their own property, yes. Everyone has the right to condemn it, yes.

I served in Korea and it was a shock to see a "nazi" sign everywhere. You're right, it was stolen from a noble heritage.

Forum List

Back