Caitlin Clark

Of course...and for the record...I'm not saying that the South Carolina women are better than the worst men's team in division III...only that if the women are shying away from loose balls to avoid getting hurt...it's not a very accurate analysis. I'd prefer an example like track, volleyball, or baseball(without ramming/barreling) where the results are not skewed by the risk of injury.
I’ll say it. The SC team is likely not as good as the worst div 3 team.

Also men would outright destroy women in all those sports. There are boys in HS running faster than the women’s world records in track and field.

I'd prefer an example like track, volleyball, or baseball(without ramming/barreling) where the results are not skewed by the risk of injury.
I would bet a large sum of money that the disparities would be even worse in track, volleyball and baseball. I'm not even sure there are high level women's baseball teams. The only sport that I can think of where women have been successful competing directly against men is race car driving and drag racing.

I’ll say it. The SC team is likely not as good as the worst div 3 team.

Also men would outright destroy women in all those sports. There are boys in HS running faster than the women’s world records in track and field.
A lot of the div 3 players are there because they don't have the grades. Their skills are not that far off D1 and D2. That dominant 6'6" center for SC would get embarrassed playing a D3 school.

I would bet a large sum of money that the disparities would be even worse in track, volleyball and baseball. I'm not even sure there are high level women's baseball teams.
There used to be one called the Silver Bullets that traveled around playing male minor league teams.

I like what Lebron said

"The one thing that I love that she’s bringing to her sport: more people want to watch. More people want to tune in. I saw, for the first time, they had a chartered plane. For the first time in their league history, they flew private. That should be celebrated in its own right," he said on his podcast "Mind the Game" with J.J. Redick.

"That should be celebrated, and it's because of Caitlin Clark. Don’t get it twisted. Don’t get it f---ed up. Caitlin Clark is the reason why a lot of great things are going to happen for the WNBA."

Many blacks are upset with Clark's huge popularity.
Yep.

The leftists/Democrats in the mainstream are crying racism as the reason.

It’s so cringe, but yet so many democrats stand by and either agree or refuse to speak against it

Many blacks are upset with Clark's huge popularity.
She's like Steph Curry. Poppin 3's. Let's not forget the number one draft pick goes to the worst team. Reese was selected 7th. So she's probably on a much better team.

I remember many many whites being upset with Serena Williams' success.

I was in a doctors office and they had one of the majors on the TV. Serena was kicking some white chicks ass. Some woman from another country. I looked at the old white woman and said "she's pretty good huh" and all she could say back to me was "fucking monkey". I couldn't believe it.

I was in a doctors office and they had one of the majors on the TV. Serena was kicking some white chicks ass. Some woman from another country. I looked at the old white woman and said "she's pretty good huh" and all she could say back to me was "fucking monkey". I couldn't believe it.
Yeah there’s random individuals who are racist.

But there’s left wing media hosts/institutions who are blatantly racist against Clarke.

Lame try at some false equivalence, there is none

Serena Williams beyond being the best female tennis player to ever play is also wildly the most popular. One moron doesn't change that. 100 morons, or 1000, or 10000 doesnt change that either. The fact that you have some anecdotal evidence of one person being a racist isnt relevant.

Describe the racism you're referring to.
Those that say the only reason she’s being celebrated is because she’s white (which many hosts/personalities are). That is them
Discrediting her based on her skin color.

Plus, it’s clearly promoting a “basketball is our game” mantra in the black community.. which is again, racist, because it’s based on race only

Serena Williams beyond being the best female tennis player to ever play is also wildly the most popular. One moron doesn't change that. 100 morons, or 1000, or 10000 doesnt change that either. The fact that you have some anecdotal evidence of one person being a racist isnt relevant.

Remember I'm a white man who lives in Trump country. Don't try to bullshit me. Not Serena's demographic.

I feel like I see it here too. A lot of cons on this board love hockey and baseball not football and basketball. ESPECIALLY basketball. I hear the comments about what they think. And back when the Redwings and Piston's were good (2004) I would go to sports bars and ask them to put just 1 of their 20 tv's on the Piston's game. They refused. That year the Wings got knocked out early. The bars were empty and all the tv's were on the Piston's. Then the Piston's made the finals and suddenly the bar is full of people who didn't want to watch it 2 weeks ago.

Forum List

Back