California as a warning for America

Okay, you're mad. I get that. And Rinata seems farther left than I am because I think Pelosi has damaged the Democratic Party almost beyond repair. She's as bad as Tom DeLay (the de facto House Republican leader). They both took party-first politics to the extreme and I believe have created more than any others the current animosity in Washington resulting in gridlock. But Rinata still has a right to her opinion.

I think I said earlier that I haven't followed Calfornia's fiscal debacles closely, but I do remember that Schwartzeneger was voted in as the "conservative" flipside of Pete Wilson, and Arnie turned out to be even worse. Seems that happens a lot. People DO want change, but they tend to vote their anger and it therefore becomes a be-careful-what-you-wish-for scenario. In CA's case, I can remember being shocked that someone with little if any political experience (other than his wife's influence, which I can remember posting warnings to Republicans about) was actually elected as Governor of the biggest state in the union.

Then you were even more shocked when someone with no political experience was elected as President of the whole union. Were you?

none are so blind as those who will not see, meister. Your use of the word "idiot" is telling, clearly I'm not an idiot, but my opinions upset you so, you add evidence to the validity of my inference (my opinion) of you and the others.
You have faith in cliches, believe the propaganda, and form your opinions on the slogans and unproved axioms of modern conservatives. By posting them with such anger, I find you insipid, and by not examing your beliefs, I surmise you are dull (of mind) or maybe - and hopefully - simply intellectually lazy.

WOW!!! coming from you...just wow. I at least, can hammer on the republicans for their shortcomings, you on the other hand, are too blind to be able to do the same for your democrats...hence the goofball remark. I have to laugh how you deflect and spin wry.:lol:
Trust me me...you aren't that smart, wry. Your opinion is no more than a garden variety from the wing nut kool-aid drinkers. Go get your marching orders from the left, wry, that's what you do best. Talk about insipid and dull, sheesh

More cliches and untruths, you ought to be ashamed. I said nothing about the Democrats or suggested support for left wing politics - I point out the hypocrisy of the conservative movement and how you, and they, continue the bull shit. I noted all the Republican Gov's since Reagan, and each opposed taxes and never used the line item veto to balance a budget.
You don't live in California, and simply repeat the bull shit. I spent 32 years working in local government, much of that as a manager trying to do more with less after prop. 13. I have real life experience, in law enforcement, budgets and government in general, and I have a great disdain for elected officials. Almost as much as I do for the self righteous conservatives who parrot propaganda and seems to know diddly shit about real issues and real life.

See you speak as you know me wry. I lived in Ca. for 41 years, and employed by the government for 30 years in California, so back off jack. I've seen how Ca. has gone from a great state to what it is now. I do know what happened, and it took all politicians to get where they are now. I know about the pensions to the prison guard unions, and the teachers unions. I know who wields the power in Ca., and it's no longer the people. That's the main reason I bailed from the state.

Occasionally a truly intelligent conservative will arrive on the scene, but they don't seem to last long. .

Right, a a " truly intelligent conservative" - a contradiction in terms - is one who bitches about the budget while supporting the unnecessary military invasions of Irak and Afpak which have cost 1 Trillion dollars thus far.

Ame®icano;1882424 said:
Then you were even more shocked when someone with no political experience was elected as President of the whole union. Were you?

Yeah, because being a senator isn't political experience. :cuckoo:

Why did Californians vote against spending cuts last May?

California voters rejected five of the six proposed budget measures that were to prevent what some are calling a "financial armageddon."

Read more at Suite101: California Votes Against 5 of 6 Budget Measures: Gov. Schwarzenegger Warns of Severe Budget cuts in the Near Future California Votes Against 5 of 6 Budget Measures: Gov. Schwarzenegger Warns of Severe Budget cuts in the Near Future

It is unbelievable, Maggie. I do believe it's the money that was poured in by special interests groups for television spots. Say it enough and they will believe.

Thems telling words there, Maestro. Same thing has happened over the health care bill, with over $3,000,000 (that can be found) put into advertising against its passage in any form whatsoever. But I don't want to derail the thread, so you don't need to respond.

Well, you did bring it up, Maggie. Three billion over 50 states, or 57 if you believe obama? It's not that much, I wonder how much was spent in advertising for it's passage, I'm sure you have that figure too. But you know what I'm saying about how Ca. had those measures defeated.

Ame®icano;1882424 said:

Being senator for a half of term doesn't make you qualified more then, lets say being member of USMB for couple of years.

Are you saying he has done something as state or federal senator? Or as a president?

Anything worthy of... Nobel peace prize? :)

Ame®icano;1882424 said:

Polk....just how long was he doing his duties as a Senator? Most of his 1 term was campaigning for the presidency. Look up how many times he voted present on his vote tally. Let's be honest with this, okay?

WOW!!! coming from you...just wow. I at least, can hammer on the republicans for their shortcomings, you on the other hand, are too blind to be able to do the same for your democrats...hence the goofball remark. I have to laugh how you deflect and spin wry.:lol:
Trust me me...you aren't that smart, wry. Your opinion is no more than a garden variety from the wing nut kool-aid drinkers. Go get your marching orders from the left, wry, that's what you do best. Talk about insipid and dull, sheesh

More cliches and untruths, you ought to be ashamed. I said nothing about the Democrats or suggested support for left wing politics - I point out the hypocrisy of the conservative movement and how you, and they, continue the bull shit. I noted all the Republican Gov's since Reagan, and each opposed taxes and never used the line item veto to balance a budget.
You don't live in California, and simply repeat the bull shit. I spent 32 years working in local government, much of that as a manager trying to do more with less after prop. 13. I have real life experience, in law enforcement, budgets and government in general, and I have a great disdain for elected officials. Almost as much as I do for the self righteous conservatives who parrot propaganda and seems to know diddly shit about real issues and real life.

See you speak as you know me wry. I lived in Ca. for 41 years, and employed by the government for 30 years in California, so back off jack. I've seen how Ca. has gone from a great state to what it is now. I do know what happened, and it took all politicians to get where they are now. I know about the pensions to the prison guard unions, and the teachers unions. I know who wields the power in Ca., and it's no longer the people. That's the main reason I bailed from the state.

Thank you.

Thank you.

Hi Bo, how are ya?

Ame®icano;1882486 said:
Ame®icano;1882424 said:

Being senator for a half of term doesn't make you qualified more then, lets say being member of USMB for couple of years.

Just when I thought you couldn't say anything dumber, you go and do it.

Are you saying he has done something as state or federal senator? Or as a president?

Surely the voters thought so, or they wouldn't have kept electing him to higher offices.

Ame®icano;1882424 said:

Polk....just how long was he doing his duties as a Senator? Most of his 1 term was campaigning for the presidency. Look up how many times he voted present on his vote tally. Let's be honest with this, okay?

You're getting your memes mixed up. The "present" meme was about his time as a state senator.

The conservative minority in California has created a wonderland, a wonderland not concieved by Alice in a dream, but a nightmare created by the few and the greedy.
'Thinking' has been replaced by slogans and canards, oft repeated but never examined or proved; emotion (& hysteria) have replaced reason in essays and debate, questions are considered attacks and faith supercedes fact.
The conservative element on this message board is berift of ideas and relies on sarcasm and mean spirited ad hominem attacks, they reply to thoughtful opinons and valid inferences with bullying and censorhip and post idiotic non sequiturs pretending (or, even - gasp - believing) such words they post are substantive.

Wry first of all, I just like how you have to brag about yourself with your no debt, only mortgage mantra. You have said the same crap, over and over, it's old. So what??? You owe more money than I do....I just don't brag about it, except to you.
Second I have to laugh at it's the conservatives that have screwed up your state. Attack me, I get it, but it's just deflection on your part with the core of what I stated.
In the immortal words of Willow...kerry on.

My point is not to brag, my point is my wife and I are fiscally responsible, and, the conservatives in our state legislature say they are, but they are not.
I'm sorry you see my post as a personal attack, I don't think only you are insipid and dull, WT above, Ca. Girl, Dude - there are plenty who post idiotgrams, you're not alone.

well, just ignore we insipid and dull people we are so far beneath you. you little elitist you..

Cal dreamin' is over. and its shame. or like a scam. I was out there during the war. when it was a garden of eden. now Pelosi has turned into into a wasteland. high unemployment. liberals have taxed it to death. dangerous gangs rome the streets. high crime. their leaving in droves. even the hollywood peckers are packin up.

Ame®icano;1882486 said:

Just when I thought you couldn't say anything dumber, you go and do it.

That is exactly the same thing I say when I hear Obama speaking (speaking, not reading).

Btw, is it that hard to recognize sarcasm?

Now, further he goes into presidency, more I belive that here on USMB you could find plenty of people who would do a better job as a president then Obama is doing. Think about it.

Ame®icano;1882486 said:

Surely the voters thought so, or they wouldn't have kept electing him to higher offices.

No excuse, the fact is that before Obama we had very bad president. But at least he had no agenda, nor ideology. Most of us couldn't wait to have him out of office. We were so desperate for change that people would elect ANYONE who even remotely fit the description.

And they did, voters elected the one who sold them most of bullshit. He never delivered any of his promises as a state senator, he was already elected as US senator. He kept promising, people kept voting and electing him higher. Guess what, there is no higher from here, and he better deliver, since... as you can see it yourself, it doesn't take too long for people to relize that if it smells like shit, and if it sounds like shit... well, you know how it ends.

Now, since you think so high of yourself and so low of others, please explain here what Obama really achieved as a president. you could also list some of his promises he kept...

Last edited:
Ame®icano;1882424 said:
Okay, you're mad. I get that. And Rinata seems farther left than I am because I think Pelosi has damaged the Democratic Party almost beyond repair. She's as bad as Tom DeLay (the de facto House Republican leader). They both took party-first politics to the extreme and I believe have created more than any others the current animosity in Washington resulting in gridlock. But Rinata still has a right to her opinion.

I think I said earlier that I haven't followed Calfornia's fiscal debacles closely, but I do remember that Schwartzeneger was voted in as the "conservative" flipside of Pete Wilson, and Arnie turned out to be even worse. Seems that happens a lot. People DO want change, but they tend to vote their anger and it therefore becomes a be-careful-what-you-wish-for scenario. In CA's case, I can remember being shocked that someone with little if any political experience (other than his wife's influence, which I can remember posting warnings to Republicans about) was actually elected as Governor of the biggest state in the union.

Correct me if I'm wrong....but the Constitution requires only 3 firm qualifications for President....after that, there is NO experience qualification. It's up to the voters who they want. If Joe the Plumber had been over 35, lived in the U.S.. 14 years, and was born a citizen, even he could get elected if enough people voted for him.

It's obvious that the MAJORITY of voters chose Obama. Perhaps that is what is sticking in some Rightie craws?

Cal dreamin' is over. and its shame. or like a scam. I was out there during the war. when it was a garden of eden. now Pelosi has turned into into a wasteland. high unemployment. liberals have taxed it to death. dangerous gangs rome the streets. high crime. their leaving in droves. even the hollywood peckers are packin up.

We thank you for not living here or visiting within the last 30 years.....it is obvious from your post that you have not been here in a very long time and you just read something and assume it's true as long as it came from some Right wing source.

Wry first of all, I just like how you have to brag about yourself with your no debt, only mortgage mantra. You have said the same crap, over and over, it's old. So what??? You owe more money than I do....I just don't brag about it, except to you.
Second I have to laugh at it's the conservatives that have screwed up your state. Attack me, I get it, but it's just deflection on your part with the core of what I stated.

My point is not to brag, my point is my wife and I are fiscally responsible, and, the conservatives in our state legislature say they are, but they are not.
I'm sorry you see my post as a personal attack, I don't think only you are insipid and dull, WT above, Ca. Girl, Dude - there are plenty who post idiotgrams, you're not alone.

well, just ignore we insipid and dull people we are so far beneath you. you little elitist you..

Remember that words like Elite, Educated, Smart, Cultured are bad, bad words in the Right wing lexicon.

Ame®icano;1882424 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong....but the Constitution requires only 3 firm qualifications for President....after that, there is NO experience qualification. It's up to the voters who they want. If Joe the Plumber had been over 35, lived in the U.S.. 14 years, and was born a citizen, even he could get elected if enough people voted for him.

It's obvious that the MAJORITY of voters chose Obama. Perhaps that is what is sticking in some Rightie craws?

I completely agree. Now, did Obama submitted all that qualify him for presidency?

Btw, what's the requirement for governor?

Remember that words like Elite, Educated, Smart, Cultured are bad, bad words in the Right wing lexicon.

Being an elitist should be a bad word for any politician, in any party, Bo.
Who said anything about educated, smart, or cultured? Hmmmm?

Ahh, he can't help it, Willow. He lives in Ca.....the bay area to be exact, maybe the most liberal area in the United States. Their thinking is just a little off, ya know...Berkeley...9th Circus Court of Appeals...I mean 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. I guess after you lay your claim to that area, everything is insipid, and dull. :lol:

Forum List

Back