California Bans SINGING During ON-LINE Church Services

California County Bans Singing During Online Church Services, ‘Abortions Are Essential, But Singing in a Streamed Worship Service is Just Too Unsafe’

Mendocino County in California is being criticized for banning singing while churches are recording their online services, unless the people are singing from home

3-178-600x352.jpg

4 people....looks to be about 6 feet apart....what's the deal?

"Per the order, there can only be four people recording from one place and “no singing or use of wind instruments, harmonicas or other instruments that could spread COVID-19 through projected droplets shall be permitted unless the recording of the event is done at one’s residence.”

California is reportedly considering a whole list of other actions to outlaw due to COVID-19:

Blowing Bubbles
- Gum or sudsy child entertainment devices

Whistling

Blowing out birthday or other celebratory candles

Laughing 'boisterously'
- Chuckles, guffaws, snickers, and 'golf claps' are encouraged

Emojis or Emotes that might cause 'boisterous' laughter

Farting
- Especially in Public

Do democrats know how singing works?

It is SINGING, not SPITTING. I guess they think it is the same after years of spitting on Americans.

Distinction without much difference as far as a virus cares.

guysneezing_1024.jpg

He would be out of breath in less than a second, and could not add any pressure to vocal cords to boot.

This is not singing.

Democrats failed their science.

It's more likely a sneeze but I couldn't find a similar pic of singing. Same idea though.

Not sure what the fuck any of that has to do with "Democrats". I think of it more as "epidemiology".

Just a hunch, but banning singing sounds like a democrat idea.
Next up: Dancing.

California County Bans Singing During Online Church Services, ‘Abortions Are Essential, But Singing in a Streamed Worship Service is Just Too Unsafe’

Mendocino County in California is being criticized for banning singing while churches are recording their online services, unless the people are singing from home

3-178-600x352.jpg

"Per the order, there can only be four people recording from one place and “no singing or use of wind instruments, harmonicas or other instruments that could spread COVID-19 through projected droplets shall be permitted unless the recording of the event is done at one’s residence.”

California is reportedly considering a whole list of other actions to outlaw due to COVID-19:

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

wait.... during ONLINE services? How do you spread corona by singing.... ONLINE?

You don't. This is where the headline immediately becomes suspect. First thing I checked was to see if this was satire from Babylon Bee or sump'm. Second thing was to check the source URL. And there is was, wasn't it.

So I looked up the issue... and it does appear that....

What they said was true. So many churches have been doing online church services. These include a half dozen people, on stage singing, usually spread extremely far apart on stage, and playing instruments.

The ban specifically says, no singing or playing of instruments.

Page 8, sub section C:

No singing or use of wind instruments, harmonicas, or other instruments that could spread COVID-19 through projected droplets shall be permitted unless the recording of the event is done at one’s residence, and involving only the members of one’s household or living unit, because of the increased risk of transmission of COVID-19​

This is too far. Sorry, but this is too far.
Now even when the entire church is completely empty, and you have a whooping 6 people on stage, and likely six people in the church that have been together the entire time regardless.... and you tell them they can't even sing into a camera?

Then we need to ban the White House press corp too. We need to ban all the people at the restaurants too. Heck, we need to ban anyone from being within visual distance of each other.

No, this is ridiculous now. Sorry, but this really is too far. This is over reach. If feel sorry for anyone left in California. What a hell hole that place has become.

Yes, singing. To keep the building itself sanitary. Here's why.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but the WHO did not even declare a pandemic until March 11th, and the choir practice in question, was on March 10th.

So there were no stay at home orders, or any lock down orders, or anything.

So it appears.... that you are singling out this church for not social distancing, during a time when no one was social distancing yet... am I wrong?

Yes, you are. WHO or what proclaimed a pandemic is irrelevant --- the point here is the danger was already known, the choir practice itself was promoted as "optional" for that reason, AND the singers took the precautions of hand sanitizing AND social distancing, whether required by local ordinance or not, and they still infected each other THROUGH THE ACT OF SIGNING. That's the point here.

Singing of course involves the expiration of breath, quite a lot of it, into the air where infected water droplets can carry and/or land on a nearby surface such as a chair or a music stand, which is then touched absentmindedly by the next singer, and so on. So if you're carrying the virus, which you may well be doing with no knowledge of it, the act of singing or blowing into a wind instrument is like being given a radio transmitter to broadcast it.

That's odd, because I don't remember any businesses being closed March 10th, or any churches, or anything.

Yes, there was a scare, I get that. But no one was locking down, or staying home. In fact, Italy which has had the largest and fastest devastating impact of Corona, only locked down on March 8th. By that time, that Italy engaged in a lock down, they had over 10,000 cases, and a thousand dead. The US at the exact same time, had barely 500 cases nation wide.

Authorities were still hopeful we could contain the virus. After the Choir meeting, I would bet they canceled all meetings, like most everyone did when the Pandemic was declared, and everyone understood the danger.

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

wait.... during ONLINE services? How do you spread corona by singing.... ONLINE?

You don't. This is where the headline immediately becomes suspect. First thing I checked was to see if this was satire from Babylon Bee or sump'm. Second thing was to check the source URL. And there is was, wasn't it.

What they said was true. So many churches have been doing online church services. These include a half dozen people, on stage singing, usually spread extremely far apart on stage, and playing instruments.

Page 8, sub section C:

No singing or use of wind instruments, harmonicas, or other instruments that could spread COVID-19 through projected droplets shall be permitted unless the recording of the event is done at one’s residence, and involving only the members of one’s household or living unit, because of the increased risk of transmission of COVID-19​

Now even when the entire church is completely empty, and you have a whooping 6 people on stage, and likely six people in the church that have been together the entire time regardless.... and you tell them they can't even sing into a camera?

Then we need to ban the White House press corp too. We need to ban all the people at the restaurants too. Heck, we need to ban anyone from being within visual distance of each other.

No, this is ridiculous now. Sorry, but this really is too far. This is over reach. If feel sorry for anyone left in California. What a hell hole that place has become.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but the WHO did not even declare a pandemic until March 11th, and the choir practice in question, was on March 10th.

So it appears.... that you are singling out this church for not social distancing, during a time when no one was social distancing yet... am I wrong?

Yes, you are. WHO or what proclaimed a pandemic is irrelevant --- the point here is the danger was already known, the choir practice itself was promoted as "optional" for that reason, AND the singers took the precautions of hand sanitizing AND social distancing, whether required by local ordinance or not, and they still infected each other THROUGH THE ACT OF SIGNING. That's the point here.

Singing of course involves the expiration of breath, quite a lot of it, into the air where infected water droplets can carry and/or land on a nearby surface such as a chair or a music stand, which is then touched absentmindedly by the next singer, and so on. So if you're carrying the virus, which you may well be doing with no knowledge of it, the act of singing or blowing into a wind instrument is like being given a radio transmitter to broadcast it.
Leftards don't go to church. So why all the crying?

SINGING, not crying.

The OP is bullshit anyway, it's not about "going to church".

Then don't go to church. What business is it of yours anyway? Half you people hate Church people anyway. By your own immoral logic, you should be in favor of church people going to church so they can all die... right? I've heard anti-church people like yourself, say that for years. You hate us. So why do you care?

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

Page 8, sub section C:

SINGING, not crying.

Then don't go to church. What business is it of yours anyway? Half you people hate Church people anyway. By your own immoral logic, you should be in favor of church people going to church so they can all die... right? I've heard anti-church people like yourself, say that for years. You hate us. So why do you care?

No matter the reason people gather together, it's where they go next and what innocent people come in contact with that people should be concerned with. It has nothing to do with hating on the religious, or it shouldn't.

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

Page 8, sub section C:

SINGING, not crying.

No matter the reason people gather together, it's where they go next and what innocent people come in contact with that people should be concerned with. It has nothing to do with hating on the religious, or it shouldn't.
Stay home. That what leftards normally do. They are nothing but society suckers anyway.

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public.

As usual, you're lying about what is happening. Singing isn't banned. Having a group of performers on a stage together has been banned. And deservedly so. They could have had a solo performer sing, but they a group.

Lying trolls.

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

Page 8, sub section C:

SINGING, not crying.

This one seems to have selectively "overlooked" the part of the ordinance, already posted, that specifies how it applies to music concerts, plays, conventions, lectures, anything that gathers people in close proximity, and tellingly all he can see is "churches".

Of course, the Cult of Ignorance doesn't DO concerts or plays or lectures, for fear they might actually learn something, so they prolly don't even know what those words mean.

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

It's from gateway pundit.

Almost certainly a lie.

You guys know California was a red state prior to Clinton and internet? One would think their minds were corrupted by gadgets, hmm!

I live on the border. Ca. was so beautiful. Now I avoid it less forests.

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

i read the order. it doesn't call out *any* of the below stuff. so we're mixing up this bit of whatever from where ever with the original post about the city order.

the city order does not call out churches. it states guidelines for everyone to follow; like it or not for now. there are businesses here in dallas that still host local bands and simply stream the event. if they do it with less than 10 total people in the building and stay enough apart, i don't see an issue.

now if the church wants to stream their services out, simply do so under the guidelines we all follow and there shouldn't be an issue. but trying to pretend none of this is happening and go MY RELIGIOUS FEELZ as a reason to not have to at least try to work with the system, to me, is bullshit.

i'm all for questioning what we're being told. but there are better ways to do it than to strap yourself to a cross and claim "they" are coming after you.

now granted i didn't read the entire ordinance but i did go out and read a lot of it. if i missed how they called out church services, simply tell me which part and i'll be glad to go back and look. if the church is mad they doing this in >10 people or whatever the # is, i simply don't care. rules, stupid or otherwise, are for us all to follow or challenge. challenge however isn't ignoring them and saying it's your right to do so.

If the church follows the guideline of having 5 or less people separated by at least 6 feet then why must the govt outlaw music, to include the personal use of a flute, harmonica, etc?

I don't recall in the US Constitution the provision that allows the government to outlaw the specific methods in which people express their religious freedom in such a way. Can you post that provision for me and provide a link to it?

It doesn't but they hate the constitution.

Hahahahaha, that's funny. A county in California tries to protects it's people in the time of an emergency and redwing propagandists want to expand it to all of California. Do you think the virus might be spread further when singing or playing a wind instrument, or no?

But then who are you to tell them what to do when they are following protocol?

As usual, you're lying about what is happening. Singing

Once again you prove you are the dumbest snowflake on this board by demonstrating the fact you can't read / have a sub-par reading comprehension level. The title of the thread is the title of the article written by the article's author, which was NOT ME, you triggered lil' snowflake.

Since you decided to pop your lying little head up, ya got that link to the law you say affords whistle blowers 'Anonymity' yet?

:p

Hahahahaha, that's funny. A county in California tries to protects it's people in the time of an emergency and redwing propagandists want to expand it to all of California. Do you think the virus might be spread further when singing or playing a wind instrument, or no?

I didn't tell them, a county in California did.

I didn't tell them, a county in California did.

Not you!! The county has no business suppressing them.

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

That is bizarre. Glad I never considered moving there.
You vote for their kind though, so......

Once again you prove you are the dumbest snowflake on this board by demonstrating the fact you can't read / have a sub-par reading comprehension level. The title of the thread is the title of the article written by the article's author, which was NOT ME, you triggered lil' snowflake.

Which is Jim The Fuck Hoft, the allergic-to-facts asshole dishonest hack who writes a clickbait blog for the Gullibles, which you glommed onto hook line and sinker. And which was already exposed as such.

Which is Jim The Fuck Hoft, the allergic-to-facts asshole dishonest hack who writes a clickbait blog for the Gullibles, which you glommed onto hook line and sinker. And which was already exposed as such.

So you still can't find THE official, legal, Constitutional government document that allows local / state ... and/or even federal ... officials to issue their own mandates that limit / suspend Coonstitutionally Protected Rights / the Constitution?!

Good luck with that....not me.

You just want to 'tae their word for it'....?!

So you still can't find THE official, legal, Constitutional government document that allows local / state ... and/or even federal ... officials to issue their own mandates that limit / suspend Coonstitutionally Protected Rights / the Constitution?!

Good luck with that....not me.

You just want to 'tae their word for it'....?!

So you still can't fine THE official, legal, Constitutional government document that makes your comic book false premise into a real thing. What a surprise.

They should ban all Politicians from speaking!

Besides saving the world from their hot air it will lower the spread of Covid-19!

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

That is bizarre. Glad I never considered moving there.
You vote for their kind though, so......
Why in the world would you type something so stupid? I am not sure those types even live in Tennessee, much less run for office. Doubtful they would get elected. This isn't that type of state. Or were you just trying to be naturally insulting, as radical republicans often are. I remember when they used to be normal people, before trump.

Forum List

Back