California law will force thousands of independent truckers off the road.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
Democrats just flat do not care what they do to American citizens. They prove it everyday and the AB-85 law is another example. This is not the time for California to lose thousands of truckers because of their stupid law. The US gets a high percentage of goods through California ports, and they are going to add a new disruption to the supply chain.

LOL....The price of chi-com rubber dog puke just went up......I guess that is why the inland port in my AO is expanding.

Does this apply to all truckers who drive in California, or only to those who are based out of California?

If that was mentioned in the article, I missed it...

Does this apply to all truckers who drive in California, or only to those who are based out of California?

If that was mentioned in the article, I missed it...

Just the ones based in California, from the language in the article.

Considering it's the port starting point plenty of owner-operators probably work out of CA and register their trucks there.

Most owner-operators like being owner-operators.

That's just because they don't understand. Democrats know better. They'll be happier when they are well cared for as unionized employees.

th

Just the ones based in California, from the language in the article.

Considering it's the port starting point plenty of owner-operators probably work out of CA and register their trucks there.

Most owner-operators like being owner-operators.

A friend of mine left his bacon factory job (yes, really) in Missoula, Montana and recently became a long haul trucker. I may have to bend his ear on this one...

A friend of mine left his bacon factory job (yes, really) in Missoula, Montana and recently became a long haul trucker. I may have to bend his ear on this one...

Let me know his opinion. Most long haul truckers are owner-operators.

Democrats just flat do not care what they do to American citizens. They prove it everyday and the AB-85 law is another example. This is not the time for California to lose thousands of truckers because of their stupid law. The US gets a high percentage of goods through California ports, and they are going to add a new disruption to the supply chain.

So, they had 2.5 years to come to become complaint with the law, but choice not too?

Florida needs to build more ports since California is no longer a viable place to bring goods into the US.

So, they had 2.5 years to come to become complaint with the law, but choice not too?
Two and half years ago puts us in February 2020, which was less than a month before the pandemic. Time doesn't make this a bad law, the idea to strip away contractors' rights is a bad law that will hurt America at a time when we are already having supply chain issues. This is squarely at the feet of California and their government.

With all the supply chain issues, the timing and the consequences could hurt all of America. Maybe all those Californian truckers can sit and they use out of state trucks to get America moving.

ALL truckers should just stop driving from, to, or through California. Let those assholes walk to Nevada to buy stuff.

Two and half years ago puts us in February 2020, which was less than a month before the pandemic. Time doesn't make this a bad law, the idea to strip away contractors' rights is a bad law that will hurt America at a time when we are already having supply chain issues. This is squarely at the feet of California and their government.

With all the supply chain issues, the timing and the consequences could hurt all of America. Maybe all those Californian truckers can sit and they use out of state trucks to get America moving.
Gov. Newsom signed the law in 2019.

Gov. Newsom signed the law in 2019.
And the law will hurt independent truckers in California and allow truckers from other states to come in and take work away from Californians. It's good by me as a friend of mine will be able to make bank off the new law. I am sure he would thank Newsom for the extra work.

And the law will hurt independent truckers in California and allow truckers from other states to come in and take work away from Californians. It's good by me as a friend of mine will be able to make bank off the new law. I am sure he would thank Newsom for the extra work.
How so?

Forum List

Back