California laws preventing S&W and Ruger from selling guns.

Of course, the law is idiocy, as criminals will also have access to used handguns, and seek them out accordingly.

And used handguns will continue to be legally brought into and sold in the State, so the notion that the law will interfere with Californians’ ability to defend themselves is not only a lie, but ridiculous as well.

The Law requiring the micro-stamping is ridiculous to start with seeing as a file will remove the stamp without damaging the firing pin ... Not to mention you can buy another firing pin for most weapons.

Last edited:
Of course, the law is idiocy, as criminals will also have access to used handguns, and seek them out accordingly.

And used handguns will continue to be legally brought into and sold in the State, so the notion that the law will interfere with Californians’ ability to defend themselves is not only a lie, but ridiculous as well.

WHAT was this SHIT by you?

not the right to possess a new handgun

You're an IDIOT.

It would serve CA right if all gun and ammo manufacturers quit selling to law enforcement except at highly inflated prices to make up for their lost revenue in the private market.

Law Enforcement is specifically "exempt" from having to use firearms with this technology according to the California law.
They thought about that too when writing the law.

Doesn't mean the manufactures can't jack up the prices to make up for lost revenue, most gun maker give special prices to law enforcement, I'm just proposing very special prices for CA law enforcement.

Last edited:
Micro-stamping/ballistic fingerpringinting dooes not and can not stop gun volence.

Conclusion:
There is no legitimate intent in this law to stop gun violence.

So... why place rstrictions on the sale of guns that have no effect on gun violence?

Make a bar code out of the rifling in the barrels. There are infinite variations that can be used in the width and spacing of the grooves.

Simple idea? Yes.

Simple to implement? No...and it would only present an improvement of the current method of identifying which rifled barrel a bullet went through on its way out of the gun. Barrel marks are similar to fingerprints.

California lawmakers are collectively STUPID!

All you have to do is jam something through the barrel to change it's "finger print".

And there is no way gun manufactures are going to broach a different barrel for every gun. The cost would be prohibitive.
A small file to the firing pin.
A little steel wool through the chamber/down the barrel.
Replacement parts.
Law negated.

So much for any claim of rational basis, let alone the more restrictive forms of scrutiny.

Looks like California has found a way to stop their citizens from getting guns.

Requiring Gun makers to microstamp the cartridges when fired.

Smith and Wesson has already said they can't comply with the law and now Ruger is saying the same thing.

Ruger Firearms Being 'Forced' Out of California Due to Microstamping

On January 23rd, Breitbart News reported Smith & Wesson's plans to end most California gun sales due to the state's microstamping regulation. In so doing, we mentioned that Sturm, Ruger, & Co. had also announced that their guns would likely not be available in California either for the same reason.

Breitbart News spoke to Sturm, Ruger, & Co. on January 24th and they provided us with this statement "in response to our question about how the [microstamping] law in California will impact Ruger":

Ruger is committed to its customers in California. Unfortunately, the ill-conceived law requiring the incorporation of microstamping technology into semi-automatic pistols is forcing Ruger pistols off the Roster of Handguns Certified for Sale in California. We are working hard to serve our customers in California and will do all we can to fight this draconian law. We continue to submit pistols to the independent test lab for testing and those pistols meet all the requirements of California in effect when those pistols first appeared on the Roster, i.e., everything except microstamping. We have been informed by the lab that the CA DDI will not even consider these "new" pistols for inclusion on the Roster unless they satisfy the microstamping regulations, which many numerous studies have found unworkable. Until microstamping is repealed, we expect that Ruger pistols--some of the safest available--will continue to be forced off the Roster.

gun grabbing liberal douchebags won't be happy until they have destroyed a $35,000,000,000 industry. and the economy in the process. welcome to the ushering in of a new black market to complement the drug trade

Looks like California has found a way to stop their citizens from getting guns.

You’re also a liar, which comes as no surprise given the propensity of most conservatives to indeed lie.

I may be many things, and one of those may include being wrong on occasion, but a liar?

Never.

I simply don't lie. I don't have the memory for it.

First, California is not preventing anyone from selling guns in the sate. Smith & Wesson and Sturm & Ruger are opting not to comply with the new law regarding microstamping and the result is that they will not be offering their semi-automatics for sale in California. There has been no mention of their revolvers, so they may still be selling those in the California market.

The law simply cannot be complied with. It does not apply to revolvers.

I can't say that I blame them. Microstamping is expensive, flawed, unproven and likely to fail over time. How many times will the gun be fired before the microstamp is illegible?

Not many...and it would be rendered useless by simply replacing the firing pin.

One thing I have learned after living in California for more than thirty years is this, as forward thinking as they think they are, as much as they think they are better than the rest of the country, they constantly pass laws that can only be considered embarrassing by the rest of the country...

It should be interesting to see what Colt and Glock and the others do...

Probably either the same thing, or offer "California" versions of their pistols, with a shocking price increase.

And, of course, increase shipments to stores in Arizona, Oregon, and Nevada.

Make a bar code out of the rifling in the barrels. There are infinite variations that can be used in the width and spacing of the grooves.

Simple idea? Yes.

Simple to implement? No...and it would only present an improvement of the current method of identifying which rifled barrel a bullet went through on its way out of the gun. Barrel marks are similar to fingerprints.

You have watched too much CSI. Rifling marks are NOT the "fingerprint" people think!

Why would anyone live in that fucked up state? We should pull everything out, give it to Mexico, put up a 20 foot iron fence and bus our illegals there.

Is it too late to sever Kalifornia from the mainland with explosives and scuttle it in deep water?

California just opened a huge black market for these guns. now they will have even more unregistered guns in circulation

Simple idea? Yes.

gotta remember the intent of the law is to just plain get rid of guns period
and this won't stop until it's succeeded.
...and what the collectively stupid do not fathom is that CRIMINALS DO NOT OBEY GUN LAWS! Every time I see an argument for gun control I sigh in disbelief that so many still cling to the asinine idea that criminals will turn in or register their weapons. Just how stupid can people get?

Hmmmm........... I don't believe the idea is to get criminals to obey the law, but to provide a better way of identifying the weapons that are used in a crime. Of course, the NRA would find that offensive.

gotta remember the intent of the law is to just plain get rid of guns period
and this won't stop until it's succeeded.
...and what the collectively stupid do not fathom is that CRIMINALS DO NOT OBEY GUN LAWS! Every time I see an argument for gun control I sigh in disbelief that so many still cling to the asinine idea that criminals will turn in or register their weapons. Just how stupid can people get?

Hmmmm........... I don't believe the idea is to get criminals to obey the law, but to provide a better way of identifying the weapons that are used in a crime. Of course, the NRA would find that offensive.

Fascism is offensive

tapatalk post

Forum List

Back