California ordered to remove 1.5 million voters from the books.

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
May 17, 2013
California loses against Judicial Watch and in a settlement agreement is Removing 1.5 million voters from the voter registration due to inactivity.

More details at Judicial Watch.

California Begins Massive Voter Roll Clean-Up – Notifies Up to 1.5 Million ‘Inactive’ Voters as Part of Judicial Watch Lawsuit Settlement - Judicial Watch

Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that it has been informed that Los Angeles County has sent notices to as many as 1.5 million inactive voters on its voter rolls. This mailing is a step toward removing the names of voters who have moved, died, or are otherwise ineligible to vote. The massive mailing is the result of a settlement agreement with Judicial Watch requiring the County to remove as many as 1.5 million inactive registrations. In addition, the California secretary of state has alerted other California counties to clean up their voter registration lists to comply with the federal National Voter Registration Act (NVRA), as the secretary promised to do in that same settlement agreement.

All of this is the result of a federal lawsuit Judicial Watch filed in 2017 to force the cleanup of Los Angeles County’s voter rolls (Judicial Watch, Inc., et al. v. Dean C. Logan, et al. (No. 2:17-cv-08948)). Judicial Watch sued on its own behalf and on behalf of Wolfgang Kupka, Rhue Guyant, Jerry Griffin, and Delores M. Mars, who are lawfully registered voters in Los Angeles County. Judicial Watch was joined in this lawsuit by Election Integrity Project California, Inc., a public interest group that has long been involved in monitoring California’s voter rolls.

Under the terms of the settlement agreement, voters who do not respond to the notices sent by the county and who do not vote in the next two federal elections must be removed from the voting rolls. Secretary Padilla also agreed to update the state’s online NVRA manual in order to make clear that ineligible names must be removed and to notify each California county that they are obliged to do this. On April 11, Secretary Padilla notified Judicial Watch that this part of the settlement agreement had been implemented.

People die and people move and their names stay on the rolls because there is no good system to remove them. This doesn’t mean that illegal votes are being cast like Trump has implied. I’m not seeing what the big deal is here

People die and people move and their names stay on the rolls because there is no good system to remove them. This doesn’t mean that illegal votes are being cast like Trump has implied. I’m not seeing what the big deal is here
States across the country are being forced to update their voter rolls............via Legal Action.

It's the State's job to do so....................To keep it honest.

Truth the Vote has also done the same. An org targeted by the IRS under Obama.

Ho hum

States across the country are being forced to update their voter rolls............via Legal Action.

Ho hum
That’s fine, the rolls should be cleaned up and closely managed. I’m still not seeing where the stink is here

Ho hum
That’s fine, the rolls should be cleaned up and closely managed. I’m still not seeing where the stink is here
Took a legal battle to make them do it. Why weren't they doing it already..............

How about they do their jobs...............

Ho hum
It's not immediately obvious, but when voters are required to respond and re-register, the frauds usually get washed out. This is a step in that direction.

But you are right. This will not do much to stop any illegal voting. It is simply forcing the election folks to keep their shit clean.

Unless they cut the 4 million beaners here illegally, this is a net gain for tardentia.

Ho hum
Took a legal battle to make them do it. Why weren't they doing it already..............

How about they do their jobs...............
I don’t know, perhaps they had other priorities, lack of funding, or maybe there wasn’t a legal system in place for them to just take people off the rolls for inactivity... there could be many reasons. But again... having inactive people on the rolls doesn’t equal illegal votes. You realize that don’t you?

Ho hum
The problem is every time a State cleans up its rolls and removes names the democrats have a fit and claim voter suppression. It is a FEDERAL law to removes names.

Ho hum
It's not immediately obvious, but when voters are required to respond and re-register, the frauds usually get washed out. This is a step in that direction.

But you are right. This will not do much to stop any illegal voting. It is simply forcing the election folks to keep their shit clean.

We are talking about taking names off that haven’t been active... this means votes were not being cast in their name... so spending time and energy removing them, which I’m totally fine with, isn’t really doing anything to curb illegal voting nor does this ruling show any evidence of illegal voting. In fact it kind of does the opposite.

Ho hum

We are talking about taking names off that haven’t been active... this means votes were not being cast in their name... so spending time and energy removing them, which I’m totally fine with, isn’t really doing anything to curb illegal voting nor does this ruling show any evidence of illegal voting. In fact it kind of does the opposite.
Oh, I agree.

The main thing this does is remove illegals who were automatically registered when California gave them a DL. It stops illegal voting before it can begin.

Another issue is ongoing now and it's the Census.............

Dems fighting tooth and nail not to have the citizenship question..........why would that be.

Under Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution, seats in the House of Representatives are apportioned among the states by population, as determined by the census conducted every ten years. Each state is entitled to at least one representative, however small its population.

Same reason they set up voter registration at the DMV...............Power corrupts.........and they will use any trick in the book to obtain that power. Crystal clear.

Ho hum
The problem is every time a State cleans up its rolls and removes names the democrats have a fit and claim voter suppression. It is a FEDERAL law to removes names.
Is that because they think it makes it harder for poor people to vote by making them reregister?

Ho hum

Oh, I agree.

The main thing this does is remove illegals who were automatically registered when California gave them a DL. It stops illegal voting before it can begin.

Wait... illegals were registered to vote when they got DLs? This is the first I’ve heard about this.

Ho hum
Is that because they think it makes it harder for poor people to vote by making them reregister?
Same Statist line.............lol

Same Pravda................Clean the records so this doesn't happen.

Ho hum
No it is required to keep the rolls accurate and remove inactive voters to avoid fraud and problems.

Another issue is ongoing now and it's the Census.............

Dems fighting tooth and nail not to have the citizenship question..........why would that be.

Under Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution, seats in the House of Representatives are apportioned among the states by population, as determined by the census conducted every ten years. Each state is entitled to at least one representative, however small its population.

Same reason they set up voter registration at the DMV...............Power corrupts.........and they will use any trick in the book to obtain that power. Crystal clear.
Didn’t the Supreme Court just rule against Trump on that one?

Ho hum
Same Statist line.............lol

Same Pravda................Clean the records so this doesn't happen.

I was asking a question

Forum List

Back