California scuba fire...34 dead after being locked below deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frannie

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2019
This is the most atrocious mass killing in peacetime ever, my opinion anyway. My question is why didn't Beto suspend his campaign with so many dead. Is is more horrific to be shot dead by a fool than to be burned alive by another fool?

What kind of idiot would permit themselves to be locked in below deck?
Not sure, supposedly the door was a watertight type presumably designed to prevent deck splash from getting below deck. This is atrocious

Not sure, supposedly the door was a watertight type presumably designed to prevent deck splash from getting below deck. This is atrocious

But aren't those doors usually openable from both sides?

They have a locking mechanism to assure a tight seal, but I have to assume the mechanism has a handle/wheel on both sides.

I can tell how concerned you are over this dreadful tragedy by how you immediately injected partisan politics into the matter. I am sure your sincerity is a great comfort to all those involved.

They have a locking mechanism to assure a tight seal, but I have to assume the mechanism has a handle/wheel on both sides.
You are correct. My guess is that this was a fishing trawler conversion not designed for passengers

You are correct. My guess is that this was a fishing trawler conversion not designed for passengers

How would that impact the design of the watertight doors? I am an Engineer, but not a boat person, so this is more a technical question than anything.

I am also big into disaster/accident analysis.

I can tell how concerned you are over this dreadful tragedy by how you immediately injected partisan politics into the matter. I am sure your sincerity is a great comfort to all those involved.
Where fuckwad

How would that impact the design of the watertight doors? I am an Engineer, but not a boat person, so this is more a technical question than anything.

I am also big into disaster/accident analysis.
It's like having a watertight door or hatch to keep water out of the engine or engine room, no one is supposed to be in there permanently. The coast guard rules only say how many people per foot of boat and that vest and rafts be available.

This boat was designed to hold fish in the area where the people were, or at least that is my guess

Where fuckwad

If you can't see where than you're more blind than I previous thought. Don't worry, at least you can use these dead bodies for politics. They didn't die in vain.

Where fuckwad

If you can't see where than you're more blind than I previous thought. Don't worry, at least you can use these dead bodies for politics. They didn't die in vain.
You are the blind fool

This is the most atrocious mass killing in peacetime ever, my opinion anyway. My question is why didn't Beto suspend his campaign with so many dead. Is is more horrific to be shot dead by a fool than to be burned alive by another fool?

You're not sure? You start a thread making claims of people being locked behind a door while a boat burns and you're not sure about the fucking details? You provide no link to a story supporting your sensational claims, you have no idea how the boat is configured, you've got nothing bot the words you typed and the jumbled mess in your brain We've all seen your other threads...).

For fuck's sake, you half wit, do a little research, provide a link, something...

I guarantee no one was "locked" below deck... In fact here:

...The Conception, based in Santa Barbara Harbor on the mainland, was owned by Truth Aquatics, a Santa Barbara-based company founded in 1974. Dave Reid, who runs an underwater camera manufacturing business with his wife, Terry Schuller, and has traveled on the Conception and two other boats in Truth Aquatics’ fleet, said he considered all three among the best and safest.

“When you see the boats they are always immaculate,” he said. “I wouldn’t hesitate at all to go on one again. Of all the boat companies, that would be one of the ones I wouldn’t think this would happen to.”

His wife said Truth Aquatics crews have always been meticulous in going over safety instructions at the beginning of every trip she’s been on.

“They tell you where the life jackets are, how to put them on, the points of egress, the exits, where the fire extinguishers are, on every single trip,” said Schuller, who goes on diving expeditions often with her husband. “They are the best, the absolute best.”

Both said the sleeping area is comfortable but tight, however, with bunk beds stacked next to one another on the lowest deck. Coming to the top deck to get off requires navigating a narrow stairway with only one exit. If the fire was fast-moving, Reid said, it’s very likely divers couldn’t escape and the crew couldn’t get to them.

“If there was an explosion in the engine area that could have gone right into the sleeping area,” Reid said...

Coast Guard records show inspections of the Conception conducted last February and in August 2018 found no deficiencies. Earlier inspections found some safety violations related to fire safety.

A 2016 inspection resulted in owners replacing the heat detector in the galley and one in 2014 cited a leaky fire hose.

Records show all safety violations from the last five years were quickly addressed by the boat’s owners...

Coast Guard: 25 bodies found after California boat fire

You're not sure? You start a thread making claims of people being locked behind a door while a boat burns and you're not sure about the fucking details? You provide no link to a story supporting your sensational claims, you have no idea how the boat is configured, you've got nothing bot the words you typed and the jumbled mess in your brain We've all seen your other threads...).

For fuck's sake, you half wit, do a little research, provide a link, something...

I guarantee no one was "locked" below deck... In fact here:

...The Conception, based in Santa Barbara Harbor on the mainland, was owned by Truth Aquatics, a Santa Barbara-based company founded in 1974. Dave Reid, who runs an underwater camera manufacturing business with his wife, Terry Schuller, and has traveled on the Conception and two other boats in Truth Aquatics’ fleet, said he considered all three among the best and safest.

“When you see the boats they are always immaculate,” he said. “I wouldn’t hesitate at all to go on one again. Of all the boat companies, that would be one of the ones I wouldn’t think this would happen to.”

His wife said Truth Aquatics crews have always been meticulous in going over safety instructions at the beginning of every trip she’s been on.

“They tell you where the life jackets are, how to put them on, the points of egress, the exits, where the fire extinguishers are, on every single trip,” said Schuller, who goes on diving expeditions often with her husband. “They are the best, the absolute best.”

Both said the sleeping area is comfortable but tight, however, with bunk beds stacked next to one another on the lowest deck. Coming to the top deck to get off requires navigating a narrow stairway with only one exit. If the fire was fast-moving, Reid said, it’s very likely divers couldn’t escape and the crew couldn’t get to them.

“If there was an explosion in the engine area that could have gone right into the sleeping area,” Reid said...

Coast Guard records show inspections of the Conception conducted last February and in August 2018 found no deficiencies. Earlier inspections found some safety violations related to fire safety.

A 2016 inspection resulted in owners replacing the heat detector in the galley and one in 2014 cited a leaky fire hose.

Records show all safety violations from the last five years were quickly addressed by the boat’s owners...

Coast Guard: 25 bodies found after California boat fire

It's ok the lawsuits are being filed now, if the coast guard approved this deathtrap even more suits will be heard

CIAO

Where fuckwad

You are the blind fool

You sound like my optometrist. lol

You mindless twit, these are not "converted fishing trawlers":

iu

You know nothing, you are ignorant, you lack the even the slightest bit of intellectual curiosity that would lead you to doing just a little bit of research. Sensationalism of tragedy is your currency, ignorance is your stock in trade.

Where fuckwad

You are the blind fool

You sound like the retard pushing carts at the market

Where fuckwad

You are the blind fool

You sound like the retard pushing carts at the market

I shouldn't be distracting you from your noble work. Those corpses aren't going to abuse themselves.

Did you forget your link? I'm not sure what your post is about, Beto or the fire on the boat??

You mindless twit, these are not "converted fishing trawlers":

iu

You know nothing, you are ignorant, you lack the even the slightest bit of intellectual curiosity that would lead you to doing just a little bit of research. Sensationalism of tragedy is your currency, ignorance is your stock in trade.
Converted fishing boats, even if the conversion was done immediately. No one makes scuba diving boats, there is not enough market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back