California's Democratic leaders clash with businesses over curbing retail theft

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
California's Democratic leaders say they are against shoplifting, but they are against a ballot measure that would put serial shoplifters in prison.

In my opinion, these Democrats are on the side of shoplifters, and against the stores, their employees, and their customers.

What do you think?

California's Democratic leaders clash with businesses over curbing retail theft​

June 13, 2024

With retail theft increasing, California Democratic leadership is clashing with a coalition of law enforcement and business groups... State lawmakers are trying to preserve progressive policies and stay away from putting more people behind bars.

California's Democratic leadership, backed by Gov. Gavin Newsom, wants to keep the tough-on-crime measure off the November ballot.

... they said they fear if both efforts succeed, law enforcement would be able to stack penalties and send more people to jails

California's Democratic leaders say they are against shoplifting, but they are against a ballot measure that would put serial shoplifters in prison.

In my opinion, these Democrats are on the side of shoplifters, and against the stores, their employees, and their customers.

What do you think?

California's Democratic leaders clash with businesses over curbing retail theft​

June 13, 2024

With retail theft increasing, California Democratic leadership is clashing with a coalition of law enforcement and business groups... State lawmakers are trying to preserve progressive policies and stay away from putting more people behind bars.

California's Democratic leadership, backed by Gov. Gavin Newsom, wants to keep the tough-on-crime measure off the November ballot.

... they said they fear if both efforts succeed, law enforcement would be able to stack penalties and send more people to jails
A famous man once said, "Stupid is as stupid does". If I'm a retail businessperson in California I don't want their politicians telling me I should just let people steal and not do anything about it.

Forum List

Back