California's economy is booming........

Status
Not open for further replies.
California's success is based on one thing: Weather. That's why white people and people with resources (like education) go there, and that has nothing to do with public policy. And the weather-draw is so powerful that it can overcome a corrupt, inefficient government. For a time.

It is like Saudi Arabia bragging about its GDP. The Saudi's had nothing to do with the discovery of oil under their sand, but have thrived for decades on the exploitation of it.

And did Maher actually say, "we"? Jesus, what a narcissist.

Everyone of the top 30 economies on earth are a lot like Califorina as they have regulations, investments into infrastructure, science, education and people pay taxes for those things. Name me one libertarian nation that is within the top 50? It isn't Singapore as the government is very powerful in that nation.

California's success is based on one thing: Weather. That's why white people and people with resources (like education) go there, and that has nothing to do with public policy. And the weather-draw is so powerful that it can overcome a corrupt, inefficient government. For a time.

It is like Saudi Arabia bragging about its GDP. The Saudi's had nothing to do with the discovery of oil under their sand, but have thrived for decades on the exploitation of it.

Bs.

Places that have good roads, value education and a good regulatary set up = success. Try doing this in Haiti or Somalia which also have a lot of sunny weather and watch how it works out.

California’s $400 billion debt worries analysts........

http://www.spectrumlocationsolutions.com/pdf/Businesses-Leave-California-.pdf

You know when you have your own show you can make up or twist all the statistics to fit your ideology. This is why you have to push back so hard when a bill m tries to buffalo the public. Jerry brown is doing republican measures to get the economy on a better footing. Jerry brown is losing out to the republican state of Texas. The democratic bastion of Illinois is the worst off state in the union. His hating on Nebraska just shows he knows nothing about its finances. And all the numbers are skewed by the fact that so many dot on billionair s live in cal. The one per centers give state numbers a false sense. ..... The greatest number of municipal bankruptcies are in California. Invite me on the show Bill.

Everyone of the top 30 economies on earth are a lot like Califorina as they have regulations, investments into infrastructure, science, education and people pay taxes for those things. Name me one libertarian nation that is within the top 50? It isn't Singapore as the government is very powerful in that nation.
do you live in California Matt?....

Bs.

Places that have good roads, value education and a good regulatary set up = success. Try doing this in Haiti or Somalia which also have a lot of sunny weather and watch how it works out.
lots of Californias roads are in half assed shape matt....education went from top 5 to bottom ten....try again matt....

California’s $400 billion debt worries analysts........

http://www.spectrumlocationsolutions.com/pdf/Businesses-Leave-California-.pdf

You know when you have your own show you can make up or twist all the statistics to fit your ideology. This is why you have to push back so hard when a bill m tries to buffalo the public. Jerry brown is doing republican measures to get the economy on a better footing. Jerry brown is losing out to the republican state of Texas. The democratic bastion of Illinois is the worst off state in the union. His hating on Nebraska just shows he knows nothing about its finances. And all the numbers are skewed by the fact that so many dot on billionair s live in cal. The one per centers give state numbers a false sense. ..... The greatest number of municipal bankruptcies are in California. Invite me on the show Bill.

Many of those 'dot.com' businesses are there because their owners like living there, not because there is anything special about Silly Con Valley; it was built on massive amounts of Federal spending and defense industry spending. It's also noteworthy to note that most of those businesses have to bring in people from out of state and out of the country to do the work; not many Californians to be found relative to being in their own state. Throw in show biz, which is also leaving for other states, and it doesn't have a bright future as anything but a port and warehouse state.

lots of Californias roads are in half assed shape matt....education went from top 5 to bottom ten....try again matt....

True. Lived in the Bay area for a couple of years in the late 1990'sand did a lot of traveling there. Nothing to brag about re roads and 'infrastructure', considering how ridiculously high the taxes were for people with real jobs.

Bs.

California ranks near the bottom on roads.

True. Lived in the Bay area for a couple of years in the late 1990'sand did a lot of traveling there. Nothing to brag about re roads and 'infrastructure', considering how ridiculously high the taxes were for people with real jobs.
the only places doing well right now are the coastal Counties where the great majority of the wealthy people live.....the others not so good....out of the 58 Counties 28 of them have unemployment higher than the State avg which i think is 5.5% .....imperial county is 19%.....

Silly con valley. I am giving you ten reps for that. Still laughing

Thanks, but I didn't come up with it; there was a show on public TV there named that, I think it was the name, anyway. It was mostly some guy making fun of the ridiculousness of most of the ideas and 'business concepts' back then that were taken seriously, and how much money an idiot could make raising 'investors' for nearly any kind of crackpot scheme, and did.

the only places doing well right now are the coastal Counties where the great majority of the wealthy people live.....the others not so good....out of the 58 Counties 28 of them have unemployment higher than the State avg which i think is 5.5% .....imperial county is 19%.....

I worked in Santa Clara, lived in Sunnyvale. People I worked with either lived four to an apartment, or commuted from Stockton and Gilroy and points further out. It was ridiculous. The owners of course lived in Los Gatos during the week, and had 'cabins' elsewhere, on various rivers in northern Cali., Cabins to them had 8-12 rooms, pools, etc.

Major businesses are leaving California due to taxes and the extremely high cost of housing and living.

Amusing since Progressives are always carping about how much "WE" need to help low and middle-income workers. But...when it comes to "their" California...those workers are being forced out. Those in silicone valley are doing fine because those companies pay such high wages and have such huge profits it doesn't matter to them. Good for them! But don't be hypocritical and say you care about anyone else.

California's state retirement plans are in deep trouble as well which isn't surprising.

Just filled out my company survey. I told them to leave California for a place(anyplace) that their workers could afford to live. I suggested Iowa. If I want to go to the beach I'll take a 2 week vacation. I work in the San Fernando valley.

I worked in Santa Clara, lived in Sunnyvale. People I worked with either lived four to an apartment, or commuted from Stockton and Gilroy and points further out. It was ridiculous. The owners of course lived in Los Gatos during the week, and had 'cabins' elsewhere, on various rivers in northern Cali., Cabins to them had 8-12 rooms, pools, etc.

California has a lot to offer. Jerry Brown's bullet train will get you from Stockton to Bakersfield in a little over an hour. If it's ever built.

Still waiting for the San Andreas to let loose. Back in 1970 the earthquake experts said the san andreas could go at any time in the next 50 years. The year 2020 is just around the corner.

Bs.

Do you live in California?

Bs.

Are you from California?
California roads is not the worst roads in America that you are trying to imply. Have you drove to Oregon, Texas or Connecticut? It so bad that your kidney might fell off.

These are the US states with the worst roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back