Call me "master" -White teacher to black student

The other kids in the class confirm (1) the teacher was an asshole with the statement and (2) the kid was an asshole back: both inexcusable. Teacher needs to be fired. Student needs counseling on how to cope with such situations.

Teacher needs to be fired...student needs some kudos for standing up to the bully.

There's always 2 sides to a story. It would be interesting to get the teacher's side of this. What prompted him to say this? Poor humor? Ideology? Hopefully we get answers to that.

Overall, I think this remark needs to be put in context with the entire exchange instead playing up the incendiary parts of it that cause folks to go into apoplectic rage sessions.

What harmless context would it be in that would prompt the student to ask who the fuck the teacher was talking to?

Who said anything about it being "harmless"?

I just prefer to hear everything before I opine on topics like this. So far we've only gotten the kid's side of the story. I would like to hear the teacher's. This would provide context and better understanding of what transpired.

No idea where "harmless" came from.

Okay.

You've read the exchange, right?

What context would make that white teacher's instruction to the black student acceptable?

What is an acceptable context for such blatant racism in the classroom?

There's always 2 sides to a story. It would be interesting to get the teacher's side of this. What prompted him to say this? Poor humor? Ideology? Hopefully we get answers to that.

Overall, I think this remark needs to be put in context with the entire exchange instead playing up the incendiary parts of it that cause folks to go into apoplectic rage sessions.

What harmless context would it be in that would prompt the student to ask who the fuck the teacher was talking to?

Who said anything about it being "harmless"?

I just prefer to hear everything before I opine on topics like this. So far we've only gotten the kid's side of the story. I would like to hear the teacher's. This would provide context and better understanding of what transpired.

No idea where "harmless" came from.

I added harmless. Thats the only way it would be even vaguely excusable. The kids classmates supported him and we also have the teacher admitting to it. What more do you need?

Teacher needs to be terminated.

Student needs to understand next time go the administration. If he acts as he did before, have him arrested for public disturbance. He is old enough to handle the situation properly.

what happens to the student if he is fabricating the story?

Read the link.

WHY do some RWs always start with the damn excuses? Why do they defend the indefensible?

why should anyone believe stories like this?

there have been so many hoaxes

remember the Red Lobster hoax?

Last edited:
Damn public schools. So this is what we get for our tax dollars? A bunch of child rapists and white racist?
I think they need to fire the lot of them. Of course that would mean the end of teachers unions,but I think I can live with it.

Damn public school unions

from the article only three teachers out of 3,000 complaints in the last three years

has yielded suspended or revoked the license

Without context I don’t know what to think about the teacher, but I do know that in Germany and England the teacher was at one time was referred as the master in same way as a martial arts teacher is referred as master. The schoolmaster had total control the classroom and was subject to only the headmaster of the school . When the master entered the room the students would stand and not sit until he gave them permission to so.

In my art school we all called the instructor Master. Even the one black guy in the studio addressed the "master" artist as Master. You're right. Without context there's no way to tell what really went on.

I had a white teacher tell me Black people had never done anything worthy of mentioning in history. I ended up getting kicked out of the class for threatening him so I can empathize with the kid.

It musta' been a survey course then, huh?

hqdefault.jpg

Forum List

Back