Call me "master" -White teacher to black student

One would think that in this day and age teachers, of all people, would know how to deport themselves properly such as to avoid such an incident. But apparently not in some places. Racism is still alive and well, most unfortunately. For a while it seemed that racism was coming to a halt but now we see that it has reared its ugly head yet again. That can only signal that those in control are not truly controlling those who work under them, such as principals controlling teachers, therefore, one can only surmise that they too are not adhering to the laws of this country that prohibit discrimination based on race. That is truly outrageous!

Do black people calling each other "******" and saying "******" in every other word in a sentence when they speak help?

No Black people ever did that.

Teacher needs to be terminated.

Student needs to understand next time go the administration. If he acts as he did before, have him arrested for public disturbance. He is old enough to handle the situation properly.

what happens to the student if he is fabricating the story?

One would think that in this day and age teachers, of all people, would know how to deport themselves properly such as to avoid such an incident. But apparently not in some places. Racism is still alive and well, most unfortunately. For a while it seemed that racism was coming to a halt but now we see that it has reared its ugly head yet again. That can only signal that those in control are not truly controlling those who work under them, such as principals controlling teachers, therefore, one can only surmise that they too are not adhering to the laws of this country that prohibit discrimination based on race. That is truly outrageous!

Do black people calling each other "******" and saying "******" in every other word in a sentence when they speak help?

No Black people ever did that.

just like no black people ever lied?

I I ended up getting kicked out of the class for threatening him...

Typical.
When frustrated... threaten someone physically. :doubt:

Yeah, like you never did that when in high school? Pahlease.

My art teacher was an asshole. I told him he was an asshole one day when I had had enough. He got all indignant and demanded I stand in the hall for the duration of the class. I said "make me, asshole". He didn't send me to the principle because he knew he was an asshole and would get in trouble. And I knew he knew. I stayed in the class much to his dismay. And as I left after the bell rang, I called him an asshole again. If he would have touched me, I would have stuck my paint brushes up his nostrils.

If it's true she needs to be shit canned. It's a seriously insensitive thing to say. I've met some teachers that seemed to have a room temperature IQ, a couple of principles weren't much better.

Might it have been an attempt at humour?
Maybe?

If it was then it was not funny nor is it an excuse.

On the face of it, I agree with you.
On the other hand, throwaway statements are really situational.
If we weren't there it's impossible to judge.

its impossible to judge what? The statement was made. Regardless of it was supposed to be funny or not it was ignorant and unprofessional at best.

Nicholle White provided Reader’s Watchdog with emails from Vice Principal Joseph Blazevich which confirmed that McCurtain had made the remarks.

its impossible to judge what? The statement was made. Regardless of it was supposed to be funny or not it was ignorant and unprofessional at best.

Nicholle White provided Reader’s Watchdog with emails from Vice Principal Joseph Blazevich which confirmed that McCurtain had made the remarks.

There's no question that it was made.
But...OK.

Teacher needs to be terminated.

Student needs to understand next time go the administration. If he acts as he did before, have him arrested for public disturbance. He is old enough to handle the situation properly.

what happens to the student if he is fabricating the story?

Read the link.

WHY do some RWs always start with the damn excuses? Why do they defend the indefensible?

Might it have been an attempt at humour?
Maybe?

The situation was a white teacher telling a black student to call him "master".

End of story.

Sheesh.

There's always 2 sides to a story. It would be interesting to get the teacher's side of this. What prompted him to say this? Poor humor? Ideology? Hopefully we get answers to that.

Overall, I think this remark needs to be put in context with the entire exchange instead playing up the incendiary parts of it that cause folks to go into apoplectic rage sessions.

There's always 2 sides to a story. It would be interesting to get the teacher's side of this. What prompted him to say this? Poor humor? Ideology? Hopefully we get answers to that.

Overall, I think this remark needs to be put in context with the entire exchange instead playing up the incendiary parts of it that cause folks to go into apoplectic rage sessions.

What harmless context would it be in that would prompt the student to ask who the fuck the teacher was talking to?

What harmless context would it be in that would prompt the student to ask who the fuck the teacher was talking to?

Who said anything about it being "harmless"?

I just prefer to hear everything before I opine on topics like this. So far we've only gotten the kid's side of the story. I would like to hear the teacher's. This would provide context and better understanding of what transpired.

No idea where "harmless" came from.

Forum List

Back