Calling all Vets

José;3665749 said:
Originally posted by uscitizen
Umm thanks, but I did not defend our freedoms. I just got sent to another country to kill people over there who never had done anything to us.
Well except kill us for invading their country.

The best summation of the Vietnam War I have ever seen.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

Just remember it was a Democrat that got us into Vietnam and a Republican that got us out.

Back then it didn't matter what party you were. It was considered armed-aggression.

Now, Obama is doing it and it's called aiding Democracy and simply a kinetic military action. In other words.....a total waste of time.

Last edited:
José;3665749 said:
Originally posted by uscitizen
Umm thanks, but I did not defend our freedoms. I just got sent to another country to kill people over there who never had done anything to us.
Well except kill us for invading their country.

The best summation of the Vietnam War I have ever seen.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

just learned to read eh?

One of the bestest right here. ♥

Thank you, hon, but no.

I just finished watching Band of Brothers (again). I've always been struck by the ending:

"Grandpa, were you a hero during the war?"

"No, but I served in a company of heroes."

That's me...not a hero, but served with them.

The universal feeling among combat vets (or at least all I've known). Maybe it's the memory of how scared we were; maybe it's the amazing things we've seen others do; maybe, it's the memory of those who died; maybe, it's all of those. I've always felt more like a survivor, than anything remotely resembling a hero, but I sure served with men who were.

Here!

U.S._Navy_Submarine_(Enlisted)_warfare_pin.jpg

I guess now is the time to ask my question(s).

The bode thread where she was being bashed. I was told no vets here would ever "stick up" for her because she is a lesbian, no matter her service to the country because she's a liar and for me to take note on who was NOT "sticking up" for her. I was too lazy to "make note". So I thought I'd just ask the vets to come here in one thread and if they choose to, respond.
So, vets. Do you believe she is not to be honored as a military vet because she is lesbian and is fodder for attacks here and you will stay silent ONLY because she is a vet that is lesbian? (sorry Bode. But I got tired of the rapid fire pms from someone and wanted to put this to rest once and for all).

In short, I was told Bode was a liar, to not believe her, that "no vet of the armed forces" would ever "defend" her in the bash thread.

Is this a true statement?

I guess now is the time to ask my question(s).

The bode thread where she was being bashed. I was told no vets here would ever "stick up" for her because she is a lesbian, no matter her service to the country because she's a liar and for me to take note on who was NOT "sticking up" for her. I was too lazy to "make note". So I thought I'd just ask the vets to come here in one thread and if they choose to, respond.
So, vets. Do you believe she is not to be honored as a military vet because she is lesbian and is fodder for attacks here and you will stay silent ONLY because she is a vet that is lesbian? (sorry Bode. But I got tired of the rapid fire pms from someone and wanted to put this to rest once and for all).

It was never an important issue for me. I rarely cared what kind of person I was underway with, as long as the did their job and I knew they would be there if my life depended on it.

I went through boot with a man that was sentenced to 4 years in the Navy by a judge. so I don't understand how being gay is a disqualifier.

Someone here is trying to speak for ALL vets. I wanted to see if this was agreed upon by vets. Hence, the thread.

Forum List

Back