Callous Conservatives, Time to wake up!

How will you vote in Nov. 2016

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol, there nothing to discuss. Just more sohpistry and pining for govt to wipe everyone's ass.

The left says conservative policies have always failed....
I bet if we ask a conservative like Mark Levin he would reply that we never had true
conservative policies in place...

Not to the unthinking, apparently.

I see you live in San Francisco, where constituents shit in the street. Your attitude is no longer a mystery.

Your ignorance is amazing, or maybe you are like most of your kind. A liar.

Which is why you offer such carefully-wrought, erudite refutations.

Post an argument which outlines intended consequences, add enough detail and I'll offer a rebuttal. No one on the right has, ever, IMO. Not even the members of Congress whose side of the aisle you support.

Consider Obamacare, in lock-step the members and leadership seek to repeal it, but no comprehensive replacement has ever been put forward.

A rational response would be for the Congress, now under the control of the Republicans, to rewrite the PPACA, keeping what works and fixing what doesn't.

The reason they won't, is because the right only has wedge issues to put forth. Without God, guns, gays, Obamacare, abortion, Solyndra, Benghazi, Clinton's e-mails and Obama's birth place they would all be struck dumber.

No matter what the Republicans offered, DumBama would reject it unless it was the very exact same thing. Even something as meager as removing the employee and individual mandate was rejected.

DumBama never wanted to work with the Republicans on anything. He said so himself several times: Republicans can come along for the ride, but they have to sit in the back seat! I have a pen and I have a cell phone. This has been (and still is) his attitude towards working with Republicans.

Please post at least one of his comments wherein he said he, "never wanted to work with the Republicans on anything".

Shrug.

He says one thing, and does another.

If Sanders was CORRECT on social issues he would have this race wrapped up already. He would CERTAINLY get my vote hands down.As it is I will not vote for either party because NO CANDIDATE offers what I want.

If Sanders was CORRECT on social issues he would have this race wrapped up already. He would CERTAINLY get my vote hands down.As it is I will not vote for either party because NO CANDIDATE offers what I want.

I'm 55 years old and have never voted for a candidate that has everything I wanted. If you're going to wait for that, be prepared to wait a lifetime.

Post an argument which outlines intended consequences, add enough detail and I'll offer a rebuttal. No one on the right has, ever, IMO. Not even the members of Congress whose side of the aisle you support.

Consider Obamacare, in lock-step the members and leadership seek to repeal it, but no comprehensive replacement has ever been put forward.

A rational response would be for the Congress, now under the control of the Republicans, to rewrite the PPACA, keeping what works and fixing what doesn't.

The reason they won't, is because the right only has wedge issues to put forth. Without God, guns, gays, Obamacare, abortion, Solyndra, Benghazi, Clinton's e-mails and Obama's birth place they would all be struck dumber.

No matter what the Republicans offered, DumBama would reject it unless it was the very exact same thing. Even something as meager as removing the employee and individual mandate was rejected.

DumBama never wanted to work with the Republicans on anything. He said so himself several times: Republicans can come along for the ride, but they have to sit in the back seat! I have a pen and I have a cell phone. This has been (and still is) his attitude towards working with Republicans.

Obama COMPROMISED with tax cuts, instead of (top 2%) $200,000 and $250,000 it was $400,000,000 and $450,000 (top .08%)

OBAMA ACA:

The bill approved by Sen. Christopher Dodd’s Health, Education, Labor and Pensions committee, for instance, included 161 amendments authored by Republicans. Only 49 Republican amendments were rejected out of 210 considered. Yet the bill got zero Republican votes when it passed out of the committee.

You’ll all remember the Senate Finance Committee process, chaired by Montana Sen. Max Baucus. Baucus and President Obama empowered a bipartisan “Gang of Six” from the committee, three Democrats and three Republicans, and they spent the summer locked in negotiations that, again, never produced one Republican vote for the bill in committee. The Finance Committee ultimately scuttled the public option in its version of the bill, looking for GOP (and conservative Democratic) support.

The Washington Post’s Ezra Klein has noted that the final Democratic proposals have contained multiple GOP planks.

Fact-checking the GOP on healthcare reform

Senate Dems adopted 161 amendments and key GOP planks while soft-pedaling the public option. That's not compromise?

OBAMA PUTTING 40% TAX CUTS IN THE STIMULUS TO TRY AND GET 80% GOP SUPPORT WAS NOT A CONCESSION? LOL

LYING POS CONS

And what were those tax cuts? They were Social Security tax cuts; a program that's been long headed for a brick wall. In fact, SS disability will be completely broke as of next year unless we somehow find money to add more to it.

Compromise is meeting half-way. The Republicans didn't want ANY tax increase and DumBama wanted it set at $200,000 for a single person. He still got his tax increase and Republicans didn't get much of anything.

Republicans have had to give, give and give just to keep the government from shutting down. DumBama keeps wanting to spend more and the Republicans keep wanting to spend less.

SS isn't going broke liar, it's funded 78% without doing a single damn thing, AND the GOP will EVENTUALLY get on board to "fix" it like we have continually done!

You don't proof read your posts, do you?

You say it isn't going broke, and the very next sentence, you say Republicans will fix it. Well if it's not going broke, why does anybody need to fix it?

I'm 55 years old and have never voted for a candidate that has everything I wanted. If you're going to wait for that, be prepared to wait a lifetime.
Well I am not prepared and never will be prepared to vote for someone who has the complete opposite view of my own. That would be like shooting myself in the foot. I would rather not vote or vote 3rd party as I did in 2008 and 2012.Looks like I will be doing same in 2016.

Think again.

Seriously? The Republicans Have No Health Plan?

JUST THINK

Republicans Don't Have A Plan Yet To Replace Obamacare Subsidies

As the Supreme Court edges closer to issuing an opinion that could deal a blow to the federal health exchange operating in more than 30 states, Democrats have sounded a warning to their colleagues on the other side: Be careful what you wish for.

If GOP lawmakers get the court decision they've been hoping for, it will be up to the Republican-controlled Congress to figure a way out of the mess. After more than 50 votes in the House to repeal either all or parts of the Affordable Care Act, Republicans have yet to unveil a proposal on how to replace the health care law. And they also haven't united around a stopgap plan that would bridge an adverse ruling by the court with the health care policies of the next president.

Republicans in both chambers have been working for months on proposals, but, so far, House Speaker John Boehner and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell — and their respective caucuses — haven't coalesced around a single path forward for the 6.4 million people, who would lose their subsidies should the court rule against the Obama administration in King v. Burwell.

LOL

Why would anyone want to replace it?

Repeal AND REPLACE, maybe you heard about that Bubba?

House Republicans Unveil $700B Health Care Plan
ap_wire.png
| By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR
Posted: 08/29/2009 5:12 am EDT Updated: 05/25/2011 1:45 pm EDT

WASHINGTON — House Republicans on Wednesday unveiled a $700 billion health care plan that would offer tax credits to help people buy insurance, yet unlike Democratic proposals, wouldn't require either individuals or employers to get coverage.

The GOP plan was drafted by Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga., a physician. It avoids expanding the federal role in overseeing the health insurance industry. Unlike Democratic proposals, it would not set up new federally regulated purchasing pools for individuals and small businesses. Instead, it would allow individuals to use the Internet to purchase lower-cost coverage available anywhere in the country. That idea won't please insurance commissioners from states with strong consumer protections, who have argued it will set off a "race to the bottom" that undermines coverage for those in frail health.

The plan would offer tax deductions and tax credits to help make the purchase of health insurance more affordable for individuals. It would provide grants to states to help set up high-risk pools for people with medical problems who are denied coverage by commercial insurers. And it would allow employers to automatically sign workers up for the company's coverage – similar to what's done with 401(k) retirement plans.

Liberals lie and cannot be trusted. The GOP establishment lies and cannot be trusted. I say continue to kick the RINO's and GOP establishment hacks to the curb in elections, take over the GOP and continue bitch slapping the Dem's into a smaller minority in congress. That's as good a plan as any.

The changes necessary to take back America from the power held by the First and Second Estates will be a monumental task, given the money which the clergy and nobility - our power elites - will put into keeping the Congress under the leadership they own.

Why is this pointed at conservatives ?

It's both sides that have screwed us.

If you mean the D's screw Wall Street, and the R's screw Main St. I'd be inclined to agree. Wall Street deserves to be screwed, sadly WS owns the Congress thanks to the repeal of the bipartisan effort by FEC to control the money flooding into elections.

The 12 Biggest SuperPACs - Business Insider

Anyone who thinks this is about freedom of speech is a liar or a fool.

The Ds are just as deep in bed with wall street that Rs are.

No, they're not. See:

The House just passed a GOP bill wiping out Wall Street reforms

Think again.

JUST THINK

As the Supreme Court edges closer to issuing an opinion that could deal a blow to the federal health exchange operating in more than 30 states, Democrats have sounded a warning to their colleagues on the other side: Be careful what you wish for.

If GOP lawmakers get the court decision they've been hoping for, it will be up to the Republican-controlled Congress to figure a way out of the mess. After more than 50 votes in the House to repeal either all or parts of the Affordable Care Act, Republicans have yet to unveil a proposal on how to replace the health care law. And they also haven't united around a stopgap plan that would bridge an adverse ruling by the court with the health care policies of the next president.

Republicans in both chambers have been working for months on proposals, but, so far, House Speaker John Boehner and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell — and their respective caucuses — haven't coalesced around a single path forward for the 6.4 million people, who would lose their subsidies should the court rule against the Obama administration in King v. Burwell.

LOL

ap_wire.png

WASHINGTON — House Republicans on Wednesday unveiled a $700 billion health care plan that would offer tax credits to help people buy insurance, yet unlike Democratic proposals, wouldn't require either individuals or employers to get coverage.

The GOP plan was drafted by Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga., a physician. It avoids expanding the federal role in overseeing the health insurance industry. Unlike Democratic proposals, it would not set up new federally regulated purchasing pools for individuals and small businesses. Instead, it would allow individuals to use the Internet to purchase lower-cost coverage available anywhere in the country. That idea won't please insurance commissioners from states with strong consumer protections, who have argued it will set off a "race to the bottom" that undermines coverage for those in frail health.

The plan would offer tax deductions and tax credits to help make the purchase of health insurance more affordable for individuals. It would provide grants to states to help set up high-risk pools for people with medical problems who are denied coverage by commercial insurers. And it would allow employers to automatically sign workers up for the company's coverage – similar to what's done with 401(k) retirement plans.

Wonderful. The first paragraph puts back the onus of the uninsured on local government, and a return to ER's providing primary care at a greater cost to the taxpayer.

Last edited:
The changes necessary to take back America from the power held by the First and Second Estates will be a monumental task, given the money which the clergy and nobility - our power elites - will put into keeping the Congress under the leadership they own.

If you mean the D's screw Wall Street, and the R's screw Main St. I'd be inclined to agree. Wall Street deserves to be screwed, sadly WS owns the Congress thanks to the repeal of the bipartisan effort by FEC to control the money flooding into elections.

No, they're not. See:

When StinkProgress fails, MotherCujones is always good for a laugh.

JUST THINK

LOL

ap_wire.png

Wonderful. The first paragraph puts back the onus of the uninsured on local government, and a return to ER's providing primary care at a greater cost to the taxpayer.

So it's better under federal government? Of course, it's always better under federal government, isn't it?

No, they're not. See:

When StinkProgress fails, MotherCujones is always good for a laugh.

Please excuse Rabbit, He was a hit in the second grade, and never moved beyond:

• Delay the Volcker rule. The Volcker rule—one of the most important bits of Dodd-Frank—generally forbids the high-risk trading by commercial banks that helped cause the financial crisis. One high-risk product banks are supposed to stop trading are collateralized loan obligations, which are bundles of loans that are broken into pieces and sold to investors. In December, the Federal Reserveextended banks' deadline to stop trading CLOs from 2015 to 2017. The Fitzpatrick bill would extend that deadline to 2019.
  • Water down rules on private equity firms. Private equity firms are required to register as brokers with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) if they get paid for providing investment banking services such as merger advice. Brokers are subject to additional rules and more regulatory oversight. The bill would exempt some private equity firms from having to register as brokers.
  • Loosen regs on derivatives. Derivatives are financial instruments with values based on underlying numbers, such as crop prices or interest rates. The Fitzpatrick bill would allow Wall Street firms that own commercial businesses such as oil or gas operations to trade derivatives privately instead of in central clearinghouses, which are subject to more oversight. The bill would also forbid regulators from requiring that banks take collateral from companies that buy derivatives. Collateral can help offset losses if one of the parties involved in the transaction defaults
  • Weaken transparency rules. The bill exempts about 60 percent of publicly traded companies from certain rules regarding how those companies must file financial statements with the SEC. The measure would also allow certain smaller companies to omit historical financial data in their financial statements. "This allows firms to choose a convenient history as they promote their securities," the consumer advocacy group Public Citizen noted last week.
Fitzpatrick is a member of the House financial services committee. Between 2013 and 2014, he received more than $310,000 in donations from the finance and banking sector, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

Think again.

JUST THINK

LOL

Yes, I have heard about that. My question stands: why would anyone want to replace it?

Obama COMPROMISED with tax cuts, instead of (top 2%) $200,000 and $250,000 it was $400,000,000 and $450,000 (top .08%)

OBAMA ACA:

The bill approved by Sen. Christopher Dodd’s Health, Education, Labor and Pensions committee, for instance, included 161 amendments authored by Republicans. Only 49 Republican amendments were rejected out of 210 considered. Yet the bill got zero Republican votes when it passed out of the committee.

You’ll all remember the Senate Finance Committee process, chaired by Montana Sen. Max Baucus. Baucus and President Obama empowered a bipartisan “Gang of Six” from the committee, three Democrats and three Republicans, and they spent the summer locked in negotiations that, again, never produced one Republican vote for the bill in committee. The Finance Committee ultimately scuttled the public option in its version of the bill, looking for GOP (and conservative Democratic) support.

The Washington Post’s Ezra Klein has noted that the final Democratic proposals have contained multiple GOP planks.

Fact-checking the GOP on healthcare reform

Senate Dems adopted 161 amendments and key GOP planks while soft-pedaling the public option. That's not compromise?

OBAMA PUTTING 40% TAX CUTS IN THE STIMULUS TO TRY AND GET 80% GOP SUPPORT WAS NOT A CONCESSION? LOL

LYING POS CONS

And what were those tax cuts? They were Social Security tax cuts; a program that's been long headed for a brick wall. In fact, SS disability will be completely broke as of next year unless we somehow find money to add more to it.

Compromise is meeting half-way. The Republicans didn't want ANY tax increase and DumBama wanted it set at $200,000 for a single person. He still got his tax increase and Republicans didn't get much of anything.

Republicans have had to give, give and give just to keep the government from shutting down. DumBama keeps wanting to spend more and the Republicans keep wanting to spend less.

SS isn't going broke liar, it's funded 78% without doing a single damn thing, AND the GOP will EVENTUALLY get on board to "fix" it like we have continually done!

In other words, it's going broke. The officers of any private company that said its insurance annuities were funded 78% would all go to prison.

SS tax decreases weren't the ONLY tax cuts under Obama dummy

What other taxes were cut?

REPUBS WANT TO SPEND LESS? LMAOROG. History says BS AS RONNIE/DUBYA BLEW UP SPENDING AS THEY GUTTED REVENUES!

Dubya and Ronnie are two separate animals. Dubya is a liberal establishment Republican. Reagan had to agree to Democrat demands for increased social spending to get his defence budget increases funded.

Think again.

JUST THINK

LOL

ap_wire.png

People were against that plan just like the Dems health care plan.
Even so, 700 billion is cheaper than the Dems at 1.2 Trillion.

When did the Ds ever screw Wall Street? It's thriving under Obama while main street is getting it up the ass.

Forum List

Back