Can America Have a Canadian VP?

Hawaii is not in Africa.
correct.
Yet he is a Kenyan born circus reject and all that participate in hiding the truth should be tried for treason.
He was not eligible to be President.

correct.
Yet he is a Kenyan born circus reject and all that participate in hiding the truth should be tried for treason.
So, do you have Barack Obama's birth certificate from Kenya?

Even Trump dumped that lie once he got some acceptance during the 2016 campaign and never repeated it again.

But you continue to feel good in repeating the lie.

correct.
Lesson # 2

Barack Obama had an American mother. He was born in Hawaii.

If he had been born in Kenya, or Canada (Like Ted Cruz) with an American mother as Cruz had, he would definitely be eligible to run for President of the USA as Cruz and Mc Cain, who was not born in the USA either were.

Choose to believe the lie Trump dumped once he had no use for it anymore.

Hawaii. His father was from Kenya.
His father did not become President of the USA.
So, do you have Barack Obama's birth certificate from Kenya?

Even Trump dumped that lie once he got some acceptance during the 2016 campaign and never repeated it again.

But you continue to feel good in repeating the lie.
Lesson # 2

If he had been born in Kenya, or Canada (Like Ted Cruz) with an American mother as Cruz had, he would definitely be eligible to run for President of the USA as Cruz and Mc Cain, who was not born in the USA either were.

Lesson #1
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

How about this Canuck?

canuck guns.gif

Lesson #1
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

FULL QUESTION

Is Ted Cruz eligible to run for president based on the fact he was born in Canada but his mother was American? Exactly what does the Constitution and our other laws say about this?

FULL ANSWER

Sen. Ted Cruz announced on March 23 that he will seek the Republican nomination to be president of the United States in 2016. But, as some readers were quick to point out, Cruz wasn’t born in the U.S. His birth certificate shows he was born in Calgary, Alberta,on Dec. 22, 1970.

The U.S. Constitution requires a president to be a “natural born Citizen.”

Article II, Section 1: No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.
That should disqualify him from being president, right? Not so fast.

Cruz, who came to the U.S. at age 4, is a citizen by birth because his mother was a U.S. citizen when he was born. For that reason, legal scholars argue that he can likely be president.

In 2013, Sarah Helene Duggin, a Catholic University law professor, wrote: “There is a strong argument that anyone who acquires United States citizenship at birth, whether by virtue of the 14th Amendment or by operation of federal statute, qualifies as natural born.”

The nonpartisan Congressional Research Service reached a similar conclusion in 2011.

CRS, Nov. 14, 2011: The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term “natural born” citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship “by birth” or “at birth,” either by being born “in” the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents; by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship “at birth.” Such term, however, would not include a person who was not a U.S. citizen by birth or at birth, and who was thus born an “alien” required to go through the legal process of “naturalization” to become a U.S. citizen.
And this month, Neal Katyal and Paul Clement, two former U.S. solicitors general, writing for the Harvard Law Review, said that Cruz qualifies as a “natural born citizen.”

Katyal and Clement, March 11: All the sources routinely used to interpret the Constitution confirm that the phrase “natural born Citizen” has a specific meaning: namely, someone who was a U.S. citizen at birth with no need to go through a naturalization proceeding at some later time. And Congress has made equally clear from the time of the framing of the Constitution to the current day that, subject to certain residency requirements on the parents, someone born to a U.S. citizen parent generally becomes a U.S. citizen without regard to whether the birth takes place in Canada, the Canal Zone, or the continental United States.
Case closed? Cruz thinks so, as he told Fox News host Sean Hannity on March 23:

Cruz, March 23: The facts are clear. I was born in Calgary. My parents — as a legal matter, my mother is an American citizen by birth. And it’s been federal law for over two centuries that the child of an American citizen born abroad is a citizen by birth, a natural born citizen.

FULL QUESTION

Is Ted Cruz eligible to run for president based on the fact he was born in Canada but his mother was American? Exactly what does the Constitution and our other laws say about this?

FULL ANSWER

Sen. Ted Cruz announced on March 23 that he will seek the Republican nomination to be president of the United States in 2016. But, as some readers were quick to point out, Cruz wasn’t born in the U.S. His birth certificate shows he was born in Calgary, Alberta,on Dec. 22, 1970.

The U.S. Constitution requires a president to be a “natural born Citizen.”

That should disqualify him from being president, right? Not so fast.

Cruz, who came to the U.S. at age 4, is a citizen by birth because his mother was a U.S. citizen when he was born. For that reason, legal scholars argue that he can likely be president.

In 2013, Sarah Helene Duggin, a Catholic University law professor, wrote: “There is a strong argument that anyone who acquires United States citizenship at birth, whether by virtue of the 14th Amendment or by operation of federal statute, qualifies as natural born.”

The nonpartisan Congressional Research Service reached a similar conclusion in 2011.

And this month, Neal Katyal and Paul Clement, two former U.S. solicitors general, writing for the Harvard Law Review, said that Cruz qualifies as a “natural born citizen.”

Case closed? Cruz thinks so, as he told Fox News host Sean Hannity on March 23:

Tunafish, Fake News?

Then tell Ted Cruz and John McCain that they committed a crime in running for President.

Lesson # 2

Actually it was a Hillary Campaign lie.

"Now, according to fact-checkers and contemporary media reports, questions about Mr Obama's birthplace began circulating among disgruntled Clinton supporters in the last months of her ill-fated campaign against the then-Senator Obama in 2008."

Reading on you will note that all Trump ever wanted was clarification which frankly is fine by me. Did Obama CLAIM to be Kenyan to get into Harvard?? Is that why he had his Uni application sealed??

There was indeed smoke and as Pokahantas said "Native American" as well. lol

Greg

Actually it was a Hillary Campaign lie.

"Now, according to fact-checkers and contemporary media reports, questions about Mr Obama's birthplace began circulating among disgruntled Clinton supporters in the last months of her ill-fated campaign against the then-Senator Obama in 2008."

Reading on you will note that all Trump ever wanted was clarification which frankly is fine by me. Did Obama CLAIM to be Kenyan to get into Harvard?? Is that why he had his Uni application sealed??

There was indeed smoke and as Pokahantas said "Native American" as well. lol

Greg
"Donald Trump blames Hilary Clinton"??????

LOL. LOL. LOL

"Donald Trump blames Hilary Clinton"??????

LOL. LOL. LOL
I recall at the time Obama and Hillary were at it that it came out that Obama might NOT be eligible to run. I said at the time it was a stupid rule anyway but when it appeared in a book on him people did wonder. I suggest that if it is a really big issue for you you get the facts right; it was definitely put forward by THE HILLARY CAMPAIGN...a Steele Dossier precursor perhaps? Every time I saw Trump speak about it he said that it needed to be put to rest one way or the other. Now it's basically moot.

Though it's true that the specific allegation that Obama wasn't born in the U.S. first reared its head during the 2008 presidential race, rumblings about Obama's "otherness" had been percolating since long before that. In 2004, a political gadfly named Andy Martin issued a press release calling Barack Obama a "complete fraud" who had "misrepresented his heritage" in his memoir, Dreams From My Father, and "is a Muslim who has concealed his religion." The theme was pushed further in December 2006 by conservative columnist Debbie Schlussel, who published an article entitled "Barack Hussein Obama: Once a Muslim, Always a Muslim," which stated that "Obama has a 'born-again' affinity for the nation of his Muslim father, Kenya." In March 2007, Clinton campaign strategist Mark Penn proposed attacking Obama on the basis of his "lack of American roots." And, in December 2007, a Clinton volunteer county coordinator in Iowa was fired for forwarding an e-mail making the by-then familiar claim that Obama is a Muslim.
That theory first emerged in the spring of 2008, as Clinton supporters circulated an anonymous e-mail questioning Obama’s citizenship.
“Barack Obama’s mother was living in Kenya with his Arab-African father late in her pregnancy. She was not allowed to travel by plane then, so Barack Obama was born there and his mother then took him to Hawaii to register his birth,” asserted one chain email that surfaced on the urban legend site Snopes.com in April 2008.
That Hillary Clinton supporters circulated such an e-mail isn't in question, but the claim that that's the moment the birther theory "first emerged" simply isn't true. The likeliest point of origin we've been able to find was a post on conservative message board FreeRepublic.com dated 1 March 2008 (which, according to a report in The Telegraph, was at least a month before Clinton supporters got on the e-mail bandwagon):

So it was CIRCULATED by the Clinton campaign. I doubt anyone even noticed it before then. I didn't. But I did hear about it AFTER the Clinton campaign circulated it!!

Greg

I recall at the time Obama and Hillary were at it that it came out that Obama might NOT be eligible to run. I said at the time it was a stupid rule anyway but when it appeared in a book on him people did wonder. I suggest that if it is a really big issue for you you get the facts right; it was definitely put forward by THE HILLARY CAMPAIGN...a Steele Dossier precursor perhaps? Every time I saw Trump speak about it he said that it needed to be put to rest one way or the other. Now it's basically moot.

Though it's true that the specific allegation that Obama wasn't born in the U.S. first reared its head during the 2008 presidential race, rumblings about Obama's "otherness" had been percolating since long before that. In 2004, a political gadfly named Andy Martin issued a press release calling Barack Obama a "complete fraud" who had "misrepresented his heritage" in his memoir, Dreams From My Father, and "is a Muslim who has concealed his religion." The theme was pushed further in December 2006 by conservative columnist Debbie Schlussel, who published an article entitled "Barack Hussein Obama: Once a Muslim, Always a Muslim," which stated that "Obama has a 'born-again' affinity for the nation of his Muslim father, Kenya." In March 2007, Clinton campaign strategist Mark Penn proposed attacking Obama on the basis of his "lack of American roots." And, in December 2007, a Clinton volunteer county coordinator in Iowa was fired for forwarding an e-mail making the by-then familiar claim that Obama is a Muslim.

That Hillary Clinton supporters circulated such an e-mail isn't in question, but the claim that that's the moment the birther theory "first emerged" simply isn't true. The likeliest point of origin we've been able to find was a post on conservative message board FreeRepublic.com dated 1 March 2008 (which, according to a report in The Telegraph, was at least a month before Clinton supporters got on the e-mail bandwagon):

So it was CIRCULATED by the Clinton campaign. I doubt anyone even noticed it before then. I didn't. But I did hear about it AFTER the Clinton campaign circulated it!!

Greg
From what I read it was done by some Hilary supporters, not the campaign.

But the main point is that Trump is the one who ran with it at the time, held on to it tight all the way to the 2016 campaign, eight years of Obama's Presidency, when during one of his speeches he suddenly abandoned the claim like he did not need it anymore after being asked about it by a reporter. It is on video somewhere. He got the support to become President he was looking for and did not need it anymore.

Trump was spearheading the Birther campaign all the way to close to the 2016 election.

And that subject has never come out of him, ever again.

From what I read it was done by some Hilary supporters, not the campaign.

But the main point is that Trump is the one who ran with it at the time, held on to it tight all the way to the 2016 campaign, eight years of Obama's Presidency, when during one of his speeches he suddenly abandoned the claim like he did not need it anymore after being asked about it by a reporter. It is on video somewhere. He got the support to become President he was looking for and did not need it anymore.

Trump was spearheading the Birther campaign all the way to close to the 2016 election.

And that subject has never come out of him, ever again.
No; he ran with it AFTER the campaigns were done and Obama was in the WH. Disgruntled Hillary Supporters were still moping about of course but who really cares about that. I was saying that it became an Issue DURING the Election Campaign and it was via the Hillary machine..."
"Hilary supporters" who were also IN HER CAMPAIGN!!!

As with the Steele dossier I am now of the opinion that Hillary gave it the go-ahead. Nothing ILLEGAL about the act I don't think but unethical?? You can't put Hillary and Ethical in the same breath as you well know!!!

Greg

(BTW: love your stuff on Israel; keep up the good work there).

Forum List

Back