Can Any Dem/lib Tell Us What Agency The Govt Has Run Efficiently?

OK, so Pubs just don't want to invest in education or training, or infrastructure, Mindless grasshoppers just worried about the rich and giant corporations. Shortsighted disasters...party first a-holes and brainwashed fools....
Frankie out here Arnie was saying how this State has got to spend on infrastructure....guess who opposed that?.....

You guys keep ranting about turning all of medicine over to the government. What has the government ever run efficiently? the post office? DOD? Social security? medicare? welfare? border security? the budget?

Why would you want to turn more of our economy over to them?
Define efficient.

Um, the things government runs have not always or even mostly been run effectively and efficiently.

They have been run according to the laws passed by Congress and implemented according to the policy of President in office at the time.

Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Sometimes they accomplish the mission but aren't efficient.

You, like the OP, would buttress your case by providing something in the way of benchmarks and/or metrics..

Like say:

-Spacely Sprockets, in 2014, was able to produce 10,000 sprockets a week, at a cost of $1 dollar a sprocket.

-Government Sprockets, in 2014, was able to produce 8,000 sprockets a week, at a cost of $2 dollars a sprocket.

Given the sprockets were of the same quality, obviously Spacely was more efficient.

USPS vs Fedex and UPS on package delivery----------------------nuff said.
and?......

USPS loses money every quarter, The others make money every quarter.

sorry to confuse you.
on package delivery you are full of shit.....the PO was just picked by Amazon for a Billion Dollar a year contract to deliver their stuff over the other guys.....the PO delivers a hell of a lot of Feds and UPS's parcels in the residential Neighborhoods for them.....since 2009 their parcel numbers have gone up just about 500%....and is expected to go up some more this year....on parcels they are making money.....what they do with it is another story....sorry to confuse you....

the USPS is in the red every year. How much stuff they deliiver is not the point. They lose money. They are a govt agency.

Yeah, so they have waste. So what?
read the dam thread Bri.....Redfish is basically saying if you have any waste at all you aint an efficient company....i say probably every big company will have a certain amount of waste....are you going to argue that?....

the thread asks the question, what govt agency has ever operated efficiently? second question, why do you dems and libs want to turn your health over to the government?

Yes, there is some waste in private business, but they either minimize it or they go out of business----------thats the point, moron. Those rules do not apply to govt agencies.
which is what i said dipshit....geezus .....and show me where i ever said this.... want to turn your health over to the government?.....when you cant find it i will accept your apology....

most liberals do support turning medicine over to the govt. If you don't, great.
no i dont....now prove im a Liberal....oh thats right.....i disagree with you on some stuff.....what else could i be?.....:dunno:

Oh, lets see-------------an idiot?

Yeah, so they have waste. So what?
read the dam thread Bri.....Redfish is basically saying if you have any waste at all you aint an efficient company....i say probably every big company will have a certain amount of waste....are you going to argue that?....

the thread asks the question, what govt agency has ever operated efficiently? second question, why do you dems and libs want to turn your health over to the government?

Yes, there is some waste in private business, but they either minimize it or they go out of business----------thats the point, moron. Those rules do not apply to govt agencies.
which is what i said dipshit....geezus .....and show me where i ever said this.... want to turn your health over to the government?.....when you cant find it i will accept your apology....

most liberals do support turning medicine over to the govt. If you don't, great.

I do, I do

I trust them more than allowing our employers and insurance companies making our health decisions

Amazingly stupid. RW wants some marginally intelligent GS7 making his healthcare decisions for him.

The ignorance of liberals knows no bounds.

You guys keep ranting about turning all of medicine over to the government. What has the government ever run efficiently? the post office? DOD? Social security? medicare? welfare? border security? the budget?

Why would you want to turn more of our economy over to them?
Define efficient.

Been done several times, read the thread. Or--------------look up the word in the dictionary. :bang3:

I do, I do

I trust them more than allowing our employers and insurance companies making our health decisions
you are still going to have someone telling what is covered and what is not covered......

RW doesn't care. He thinks the government is omnipitent and wonderful. He wants to be a slave to the government.

I haven't noticed him saying that. Can you provide a quote?
because he is BASICALLY saying that.....geezus are you becoming the rights version of Dean?....he plays that game too....and how come you did not ask Weasel what his point was?....he said the same fucking thing i did...

The translation of "he is basically saying it" is "he's not saying it."
ok Dean....i hear ya.....

In other words, you can't produce a quote of redfish saying what you claim he said.

Thanks for playing!
hey Bri.....post no.410.....Redfish said...."Ok, lets make it simple. one dollar over budget is inefficient, one dollar under budget is efficient-----------as long as the product is delivered as contracted".....so a company that has even the smallest bit of waste is too Redfish..... INEFFICIENT....yea i know its tough .....

A company can have a bit of waste and still complete its project within budget. I know that you libs really struggle with the definition of "efficient". I guess because the concept of efficiency is so foreign to your way of thinking.

I do, I do

you are still going to have someone telling what is covered and what is not covered......

RW doesn't care. He thinks the government is omnipitent and wonderful. He wants to be a slave to the government.

So you weren't a veteran?

You've yet to answer that.

Along with posting your credit score.

You, like the OP, would buttress your case by providing something in the way of benchmarks and/or metrics..

Like say:

-Spacely Sprockets, in 2014, was able to produce 10,000 sprockets a week, at a cost of $1 dollar a sprocket.

-Government Sprockets, in 2014, was able to produce 8,000 sprockets a week, at a cost of $2 dollars a sprocket.

Given the sprockets were of the same quality, obviously Spacely was more efficient.

and?......

sorry to confuse you.
on package delivery you are full of shit.....the PO was just picked by Amazon for a Billion Dollar a year contract to deliver their stuff over the other guys.....the PO delivers a hell of a lot of Feds and UPS's parcels in the residential Neighborhoods for them.....since 2009 their parcel numbers have gone up just about 500%....and is expected to go up some more this year....on parcels they are making money.....what they do with it is another story....sorry to confuse you....

the USPS is in the red every year. How much stuff they deliiver is not the point. They lose money. They are a govt agency.

This has been explained to you and is patently wrong.

So at this point?

You are lying.

I do, I do

Yes, Viet Nam. Over 700. Now go back under your rock and sleep it off.

and?......

sorry to confuse you.

This has been explained to you and is patently wrong.

So at this point?

You are lying.

No one has posting anything showing the USPS making a profit. You are the liar here.

Like say:

and?......

sorry to confuse you.

your the guy who was talking packages.....maybe you should have just left it at the agency as a whole,i agree with you on that.....the PO blows lots of money....

no i dont....now prove im a Liberal....oh thats right.....i disagree with you on some stuff.....what else could i be?.....:dunno:

still cant prove im a Liberal?....i dont agree with poor little Fish so i must be a Liberal or an Idiot.....you do realize that only the more ignorant among us make that kind of distinction.....

because he is BASICALLY saying that.....geezus are you becoming the rights version of Dean?....he plays that game too....and how come you did not ask Weasel what his point was?....he said the same fucking thing i did...

In other words, you can't produce a quote of redfish saying what you claim he said.

Thanks for playing!
hey Bri.....post no.410.....Redfish said...."Ok, lets make it simple. one dollar over budget is inefficient, one dollar under budget is efficient-----------as long as the product is delivered as contracted".....so a company that has even the smallest bit of waste is too Redfish..... INEFFICIENT....yea i know its tough .....

A company can have a bit of waste and still complete its project within budget. I know that you libs really struggle with the definition of "efficient". I guess because the concept of efficiency is so foreign to your way of thinking.
so lets move those goalposts.....now because someone is questioning what you said.....lets change it...when your balls come down Fish....maybe you will stand by what you originally said....

brilliant reply, swallow. Got any examples?

providing clean water to drink
keeping the peace
sending out Social Security checks
reducing workplace injuries
ensuring aircraft safety
feeding the hungry
putting out fires
protecting consumers
regulating business (until Republicans fucked that up)
vaccines
interstate highway system
GI Bill
Telephone infrastructure
Funding railroads
centers for disease control
human genome project
employee rights
ban on leaded gas (lead in children's blood fell 37% in just a couple of years after the ban)
FAA
National weather service
and on
and on
and on..................

The problem with these right wingernut dipshits is they actually believe all that bullshit. They stand on the soapbox of ignorance and say "prove it". And it's so easy. Because stupid doesn't think. It doesn't need to. Because in it's own deluded mind, it's always right.
clay_maitland_blog_cartoon.jpg
thats kinda like this poster here named Dean....he thinks he is always right too....

I rarely try to be in a position where I'm right or wrong. I have much to much fun posting Republican positions and policies.

Like blocking the BP investigation after the destruction of the gulf and 11 people dying on that unsafe oil rig. Could you imagine Democrats blocking such an investigation?

Or Democratic leaders saying, "Feed the poor and they will breed".

Or Democrats saying, "No tax cuts for the rich? Then no unemployment benefits for those who have lost their jobs under Bush".

Or Democrats saying, "Corporations are people my friend".

Or Democrats saying, "Fewer police, firemen and teachers".

Or Democrats trying to keep millions from health care.

or

well

You get the picture. I never said any of these were right or wrong. But what does your gut feeling tell you?
when you make your more outrageous statements about Republicans.....are you now saying you dont know if you are right or wrong?.....

What outrageous statements are you talking about?

Corporations are people my friend and fewer police, firemen and teachers? You can watch Mitt Romney say that on Youtube.

"No tax cuts for the rich? Then no unemployment benefits for those who have lost their jobs under Bush". Here, you can read about it from the very right wing Christian Science Monitor if you don't believe the more mainstream news:

Unemployment benefits not until Bush tax cuts pass Senate GOP says - CSMonitor.com

Subpoena power in BP oil spill investigation blocked by Senate Republicans - National Political Spin Examiner.com

These right wingernuts keep complaining I'm making things up and can't prove my "outrageous" statements. Hello, they aren't my statements. They are Republican positions and policies.

How come you guys can't seem to get it. It's YOU not me. I don't make up anything. Why should I?

If you feel I'm so wrong, PROVE IT, dammit, PROVE IT!!!!

You're an idiot Dean.

BOTH sides play those kinds of games all the time, refusing to vote for a bill the other side wants unless they get a bill they want. It doesn't mean they oppose the bill, it means they want something to.

And yes, Democrats do it to.

Thanks for playing!

so lets move those goalposts.....now because someone is questioning what you said.....lets change it...when your balls come down Fish....maybe you will stand by what you originally said....

my definition remains valid. complete the project within budget = efficient. overrun the budget = inefficient.

you can have some waste and make it up in other places and still complete under budget (efficiently). When has the government ever done that? Wake up, we are almost 18 trillion dollars in debt because of government inefficiency. But yet, those on the left want to turn more of the economy over to the government.

still cant prove im a Liberal?....i dont agree with poor little Fish so i must be a Liberal or an Idiot.....you do realize that only the more ignorant among us make that kind of distinction.....

looking at your avatar and some of your posts, idiot seems more appropriate than liberal. but since most liberals are also idiots---------------------------------

I do, I do

Then..you were a government employee.

And you have to post that..guy.

Well doesn't matter at this point. Because you failed to live up to your own challenge.

Fact is..you seem to fail alot.

I do, I do

Then..you were a government employee.

And you have to post that..guy.

Well doesn't matter at this point. Because you failed to live up to your own challenge.

Fact is..you seem to fail alot.

in the context of this thread, and its my thread, dipshit; government employee refers to civilian civil servants including those in the congress and the administration.

I never said that DOD did not waste huge sums of money. That is your failed spin attempt.

Forum List

Back