Can Any Rightwinger Give Me A Solid Argument Why Private Industry Instead Of Government Should Run..

Do you even know how to read!? I am serious. Of course stocks are up, CEO's get compensated by how much money the stock earns. That gives them only one person to satisfy....and its not a customer.....its the stock holder. How thick are you.

This is a clear example of someone who follows a talking point script rather than do any critical thinking or apply any actual knowledge to a problem.

If you think that the ONLY way a company can increase revenue is through employee cuts in wages, you simply do not understand the modern day business model.

Business are there to maximize profit. Profit is revenue less cost. The idea we can just slash wages and not affect our revenue is ridiculous. My staff are great. They serve my customers. That maximizes profit. Slashing their wages would make them quit or at least unhappy and affect their job performance and reduce my profit, not increase it. Wages should be set to make employees satisfied, but not overpay them. Boilermaker is a Marxist drone, he grasps nothing.

If a company can slash wages and not affect revenue ,they absolutely should do that because they are overpaying
A well run company will have already calculated the value of labor for a specific job prior to opening the job to fulfillment.

It is far more desirable and effective for the company to invest in product updates, marketing and expansion over wage cuts. Not that wage cuts are ever off the table, but usually, upgrades in production efficiency or automation is more effective than a wage cut over the long term. Then, simple attrition of labor can cover the costs of the upgrade and bring a better bottom line.
Growing the top line is almost always preferable to growing the bottom line just by cost cutting. Of course for the last 6 years cost cutting has been the only way companies have grown profits. That cycle is about maxed out. There is little top line growth out there.
I disagree. Cutting costs has happened, and will continue to happen in a weakened and sluggish economy. However, if ever we get leaders in our country that will get out of the way of business, then business will return to solid management principles.

Until then, we are stuck with under qualified workers who think that business exists to keep them in comfort.

You know who / what runs with 100% efficiency? Nothing and no one

Wow, that's an insight, beautiful. then you're right, let's let government run the economy. No one will be perfect, so let's go with the worst solution. You actually are a rocket scientist in real life, aren't you?

The worst solution? How can they be worst than everyone else who has the same problems? Because your bias says so?

Because in real life, anyone who put out a web-site like the government did on on Obamacare.......would have gone out of business.

Not good ol' Uncle Sammy.

Or just update the site. But websites are never updated

Do you even know how to read!? I am serious. Of course stocks are up, CEO's get compensated by how much money the stock earns. That gives them only one person to satisfy....and its not a customer.....its the stock holder. How thick are you.

This is a clear example of someone who follows a talking point script rather than do any critical thinking or apply any actual knowledge to a problem.

If you think that the ONLY way a company can increase revenue is through employee cuts in wages, you simply do not understand the modern day business model.

Business are there to maximize profit. Profit is revenue less cost. The idea we can just slash wages and not affect our revenue is ridiculous. My staff are great. They serve my customers. That maximizes profit. Slashing their wages would make them quit or at least unhappy and affect their job performance and reduce my profit, not increase it. Wages should be set to make employees satisfied, but not overpay them. Boilermaker is a Marxist drone, he grasps nothing.

If a company can slash wages and not affect revenue ,they absolutely should do that because they are overpaying
A well run company will have already calculated the value of labor for a specific job prior to opening the job to fulfillment.

It is far more desirable and effective for the company to invest in product updates, marketing and expansion over wage cuts. Not that wage cuts are ever off the table, but usually, upgrades in production efficiency or automation is more effective than a wage cut over the long term. Then, simple attrition of labor can cover the costs of the upgrade and bring a better bottom line.
Growing the top line is almost always preferable to growing the bottom line just by cost cutting. Of course for the last 6 years cost cutting has been the only way companies have grown profits. That cycle is about maxed out. There is little top line growth out there.
I disagree. Cutting costs has happened, and will continue to happen in a weakened and sluggish economy. However, if ever we get leaders in our country that will get out of the way of business, then business will return to solid management principles.

Until then, we are stuck with under qualified workers who think that business exists to keep them in comfort.

There is only so much cost cutting that can occur before companies damage their operations. Most of the low hanging fruit has been taken. We are stuck with the most anti business president in history for the next 2 years. Nothing will change while he's there.

There is only so much cost cutting that can occur before companies damage their operations. Most of the low hanging fruit has been taken. We are stuck with the most anti business president in history for the next 2 years. Nothing will change while he's there.
Yep.

Sure they care about us. Do you want 5 minutes on the phone with your congressman? That'll cost $1000 in campaign contributions in the election that put him/her in Washington. Five minutes on the phone with your senator? $2000. They care a lot about us...for 5 minutes...that is if you ponied up with the dough.

All the empirical evidence shows if you cannot make sure of Fair competition, a few large wealthy corporations rule.
With the advent of citizens united etc, money trumps, unless there are guidelines.

All the empirical evidence shows if you cannot make sure of Fair competition, a few large wealthy corporations rule.

With the advent of citizens united etc, money trumps, unless there are guidelines.]

So you prefer no competition. Of course you do, lawyers told you they will do a better job by removing your choice. And you're sophisticated enough to know a lawyer wouldn't lie to you. Never, they just wouldn't go there...

Are all of them that naive or corrupt?
If so, then citizen united was the biggest blunder ever by the SCOTUS.

Sure they care about us. Do you want 5 minutes on the phone with your congressman? That'll cost $1000 in campaign contributions in the election that put him/her in Washington. Five minutes on the phone with your senator? $2000. They care a lot about us...for 5 minutes...that is if you ponied up with the dough.

Try reading my post again.

With the advent of citizens united etc, money trumps, unless there are guidelines.]

So you prefer no competition. Of course you do, lawyers told you they will do a better job by removing your choice. And you're sophisticated enough to know a lawyer wouldn't lie to you. Never, they just wouldn't go there...

Try reading my post again.

Try grasping your own post. "Guidelines" are government dictating our choices for us. You want that because you worship politicians and believe they will make better choices. I want the option to shit can any company that doesn't serve me as I want. Your view that "guidelines" somehow are anything but government control implemented through force removing choice is just laughable.

Are these the people we just put in charge of our health care ?

I suppose you'll understand me if I say I am a bit lost.

So, how do they save money? Answer that question first.
Smaller work force....and less money for the employees. More money for the stockholder and then the CEO's stock benefits rise.
The money goes one direction. To the CEO's and the stock holder.
You get cheaper goods that are junk and less pay for the employee.
Get it! But you will through out the talking points from faux news and such.
:uhoh3:

Well, when something as adverse as the changing of the banking system and how CEO's get compensated from their corporate meetings and what the workers get and there it no change from this long and the earnings of workers is stagnate. Something has to be addressed. If you don't see the need then forget it, I do. CEO's , before ronnie boy, were never compensated with stock options.
Now they are and it has changed the entire make up of the corporate world.
Look it up and try to look at it in and objective way, if that is to much to ask. I say again. Forget about it.

FALSE

rebNCNl.png

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/econ/sempapers/Frydman1.pdf

You should read your previous post again. You said, "CEO's , before ronnie boy, were never compensated with stock options," and I refuted that claim with facts.

So, how do they save money? Answer that question first.
Smaller work force....and less money for the employees. More money for the stockholder and then the CEO's stock benefits rise.
The money goes one direction. To the CEO's and the stock holder.
You get cheaper goods that are junk and less pay for the employee.
Get it! But you will through out the talking points from faux news and such.
:uhoh3:

Well, when something as adverse as the changing of the banking system and how CEO's get compensated from their corporate meetings and what the workers get and there it no change from this long and the earnings of workers is stagnate. Something has to be addressed. If you don't see the need then forget it, I do. CEO's , before ronnie boy, were never compensated with stock options.
Now they are and it has changed the entire make up of the corporate world.
Look it up and try to look at it in and objective way, if that is to much to ask. I say again. Forget about it.

FALSE

rebNCNl.png

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/econ/sempapers/Frydman1.pdf

You should read your previous post again. You said, "CEO's , before ronnie boy, were never compensated with stock options," and I refuted that claim with facts.
Shame on you. You can never use facts to refute the claims of leftists. You must use the opinions of Rachel Maddow and the like.

Wow, that's an insight, beautiful. then you're right, let's let government run the economy. No one will be perfect, so let's go with the worst solution. You actually are a rocket scientist in real life, aren't you?

The worst solution? How can they be worst than everyone else who has the same problems? Because your bias says so?

Because in real life, anyone who put out a web-site like the government did on on Obamacare.......would have gone out of business.

Come on. Show ONE example of a major corporation releasing a website that was as flawed as Healthcare.gov was when it debuted.

Come on. Show ONE example of a major corporation releasing a website that was as flawed as Healthcare.gov was when it debuted.

Nope, no corporation would have lasted that long. They can't use guns to shake down their "customers" like government can.

Nope, no corporation would have lasted that long. They can't use guns to shake down their "customers" like government can.

I had a situation just today with the Post Office.

Had ordered something, PO was free shipping, any other carrier would have cost me. So anyway, according to their website it was delivered today. Even though I never seen it.

I call our Post Master and he tells me there's nothing he can do, according to their computer the package was delivered. No sir it was not delivered.

Then he tries to imply maybe a neighbor stole it, or a dog carried it off, no not possible. Then he flat stated that "well maybe your wife brought it in and put it somewhere but doesn't remember where and is too embarrassed to tell you"

Then he got rude and told me he didn't have any more time to deal with my stupid package that his system showed was delivered. This is our freaking post master man, can anyone imagine that FedEx would NOT fire an employee who was that rude to a customer?

I had a situation just today with the Post Office.

Had ordered something, PO was free shipping, any other carrier would have cost me. So anyway, according to their website it was delivered today. Even though I never seen it.

I call our Post Master and he tells me there's nothing he can do, according to their computer the package was delivered. No sir it was not delivered.

Then he tries to imply maybe a neighbor stole it, or a dog carried it off, no not possible. Then he flat stated that "well maybe your wife brought it in and put it somewhere but doesn't remember where and is too embarrassed to tell you"

Then he got rude and told me he didn't have any more time to deal with my stupid package that his system showed was delivered. This is our freaking post master man, can anyone imagine that FedEx would NOT fire an employee who was that rude to a customer?
I just got a package delivered too! 4 days ahead of schedule. UPS.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

This is why Democrats really need to leave economics to grown ups. Yes, it is the job of CEOs to satisfy their bosses, the owners of the company, the shareholders. They work for them.

Now here's the key question, Skippy, who do the CEOs have to satisfy to make money for the shareholders? LOL, you thought you found a conflict, you found complete synergy. You grasp capitalism not at all. Capitalism is everyone wins because everyone's interests are aligned. Marxism is where politicians win.

And why again is it exactly you object to the term "Marxist," Comrade?
You people know nothing about economics. You just listen to what republicans tell you. You people believe in trickle down economics which is one of the biggest political lies of all time.
I dont know who "you people" is. I guess its people who are well informed. That would cut you out. You dont have a fucking clue and get pwned so bad in your own threads you bail.
"Pwned" by who exactly? I've countered every point that was more than 2-3 sentences
That's an outright lie.

I gave you very solid arguments to your premise early on in this thread....and the only responses you would offer were

1) That's not true
2) That's not applicable
3) That's apples to oranges

But you never backed up your refutes.

So now you are not only closed minded....but you are a liar as well
Christ all you did was give anecdotal cases that were barely relevant to the conversation. You can't say shit like "well the ObamaCare website didn't work" and expect me to believe gov can't run our healthcare system. That's idiotic. You can't expect me to argue that.

This is why Democrats really need to leave economics to grown ups. Yes, it is the job of CEOs to satisfy their bosses, the owners of the company, the shareholders. They work for them.

Now here's the key question, Skippy, who do the CEOs have to satisfy to make money for the shareholders? LOL, you thought you found a conflict, you found complete synergy. You grasp capitalism not at all. Capitalism is everyone wins because everyone's interests are aligned. Marxism is where politicians win.

And why again is it exactly you object to the term "Marxist," Comrade?
You people know nothing about economics. You just listen to what republicans tell you. You people believe in trickle down economics which is one of the biggest political lies of all time.
I dont know who "you people" is. I guess its people who are well informed. That would cut you out. You dont have a fucking clue and get pwned so bad in your own threads you bail.
"Pwned" by who exactly? I've countered every point that was more than 2-3 sentences
That's an outright lie.

I gave you very solid arguments to your premise early on in this thread....and the only responses you would offer were

1) That's not true
2) That's not applicable

Christ all you did was give anecdotal cases that were barely relevant to the conversation. You can't say shit like "well the ObamaCare website didn't work" and expect me to believe gov can't run our healthcare system. That's idiotic. You can't expect me to argue that.

so, give us some examples of government ran programs that lead you to believe that they CAN run healthcare effectively.

That's an outright lie.

1) That's not true
2) That's not applicable

so, give us some examples of government ran programs that lead you to believe that they CAN run healthcare effectively.
Hmm how about our military? We have a state of the art military. The IRS? The FBI? CIA?

Forum List

Back